No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIuebagger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
RIP Spud. Was such a likeable character. Will be weird to turn on the radio and not hear him bantering with the others. Also his knowledge on the game was pretty strong, enjoyed his opinions. Very sad. Condolences to his family.

Peter Hitchener seemed really flat on the channel 9 news. Frawley was involved in so many programs for so long that his death must have touched a heck of a lot of people.
Well loved too

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
Oh Danny! I’m filled with sadness and now I have to make room for you as well.

I acknowledge your contribution to the game as a player, coach and administrator. Certainly significant and of the highest quality.

You worked on the serious side of TV and radio commentary but your true talent was as an entertainer. Danny you made me laugh. Despite your personal battles you made people laugh and you looked like you were having a good time as well.

As a family we sat down and watched ‘The Bounce’. We knew it was light, and often, silly entertainment but it was fun. You gave us ‘Cut the Crap’, ‘Don’t come Monday’, ‘Golden Fist’ as well as a myriad of silly accents and, of course, ‘Yesterday’s heroes’.

I doubt that we’ll see the show again as you, along with Jason, were integral to its longevity.

You leave a wife, 3 children and close family behind and I’m truly sorry for the grief they are feeling now.

As for those outside of immediate family and friends there are tens of thousands of people like me who are feeling the pinch at your tragic demise.

It’s oft said but you are a ‘one off’ and, as a result, irreplaceable. The footy universe will grieve with his family at this terribly sad event.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
One of his daughters is in America. His poor family, awful news.

images

Literally started cutting onions when I saw this beautiful photo. 😥😥😥

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Accidentally posted it in the other Carlton media thread but my condolences to the Frawley family and friends.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Just heard the news of Danny Frawley's passing from my daughter who used to work at Fox Footy. She described him as "the nicest person at Fox Footy & such a decent, lovely guy."

Being 56 years old myself, it is way too young for someone so full of life to die. One can't even begin to imagine the heartbreak being felt by his family at this time.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Greene pleads guilty to serious misconduct. Basically eye gouging.
Gets a $7.5k fine.
What a ******* farce.
Quite clearly there was no eye gouging though. Even the prosecutor said that. It clearly was a farce though. Reckon he paid about $5k5 overs for the fine because he was Toby Greene.

Wish that he played for us.

OnceWeWereKings

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Quite clearly there was no eye gouging though. Even the prosecutor said that. It clearly was a farce though. Reckon he paid about $5k5 overs for the fine because he was Toby Greene.

Wish that he played for us.

He can play football no doubt, but he’s a grub of a human.
Just look at his exit interview after leaving the tribunal, he needs a clip.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
He can play football no doubt, but he’s a grub of a human.
Just look at his exit interview after leaving the tribunal, he needs a clip.
He was asked a stupid question about playing on the edge.

He would quite literally win us 3 or 4 extra games a year should he play for us with his ability and mongrel. I also reckon he would be a ripper to play with and would go out of his way to back up his team mates at every opportunity.

Apparently "not being a choir boy" now equals "grub".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back