No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
male, white, good teeth, no signs of food on shirt...........any other boxes to tick?
Who does he know? Can he drink?

Got to hit all the bases.

Edit: Axing the Marngrook footy show basically ends the final vestiges of the original community feel the AFL used to have. You watch the show, and they talk the footy - unlike the footy show, or even the front bar - but they also talk to the guests in a real way.

I don't like most of the humanising stuff around AFL players and coaches. I don't need to know that information, it's none of my business and frankly it's superfluous, designed to raise the profile of the player for some marketing department somewhere. I'm also certain that at least some of that goes on through Marngrook, too. But the way they speak to players and they questions they ask, these aren't interview questions, they're not there to be mouthpieces or slogan generators. They're being themselves, and so are the hosts.

If it doesn't get picked up, I'll be furious. Best footy show on TV.

Last edited:
Listening to GilMac with Andy & Bob I came to understand that although it looks a bit slapped together it actually employs about 40 people. So not cheap but still, fmd......

SammaGilberto

Premiership Player
May 2, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

What could've been had it not been for 40 hundred acl's, wonder if someone throws him a bone, 28 been awhile since his last acl might be worth a shot to someone.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Listening to GilMac with Andy & Bob I came to understand that although it looks a bit slapped together it actually employs about 40 people. So not cheap but still, fmd......
I liked that it looked a bit rough. Everything's overly produced these days.

There's something charming about living by the edge of your seat, doing it live, not knowing whether tonight will be the night you chronically stuff up in front of an audience.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I liked that it looked a bit rough. Everything's overly produced these days.

There's something charming about living by the edge of your seat, doing it live, not knowing whether tonight will be the night you chronically stuff up in front of an audience.

This .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

The sad thing is I do/did admire Joel Selwood as a player, fearless and does seem like a good captain, but geez, the art form he made out of ducking/playing for frees, has somehow tarnished his legacy for me, although I go get the suspicision that he is instructed to do that under Chris Scott (it was a long time ago now, but he never seemed to be this bad under Bomber Thompson).

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back