No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor Walker 6 weeks and $20k

Hopefully some good can come from this example.

After watching Eddie talk about this on AFL360 multiple times not sure how anyone thinks this is acceptable anymore. Wonder what he thinks of his ex-captain.

Does anyone know what he said?

My curiosity gets the better of me.

I would prefer not knowing tbh.

Tex will have to live with this stigma and shame for the rest of his life. It's lucky for him he recently re-signed a new deal with the Crows otherwise the AFC probably would have cut him loose.

Good on the Crows official who called it out. Wouldn't be easy going to the club with a story like that about one of your club's bigger players.
Not a fan of Tex and obviously what he said should never be condoned or accepted, but I think he's handled it fairly well. Hasn't tried to back away from it or provide excuses. Owned his mistake and vows to make it a learning experience for himself and others, while asking for the official who reported it to remain anonymous.

This is starting to really look like the administrators are serious about the issue. Would like to think the same penalty would stand were the Crows sitting top. Hard to see that occuring but you never know. This is one social scurge where the tolerance level needs to be zero.

Yep, it's totally mind-boggling that this idiot would make remarks of that nature.

His apology is all spin too. Probably had someone write it up for him.

Of course someone wrote it up for him.

He offered to do the first draft, but the club didn't think a crayon drawing of a rocket ship was really going to suffice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course someone wrote it up for him.

He offered to do the first draft, but the club didn't think a crayon drawing of a rocket ship was really going to suffice.
that is brutally unfair

and utterly hilarious..........you idiot.........

Does anyone know what he said?

My curiosity gets the better of me.
more importantly, does anyone know what the effect on the player was? the consequences, how much this latest round of hatred hurt him and his team-mates regardless of heritage........

Just heard a snippet of Matthew Nicks' press conference...pretty powerful. Just goes to show how much this kind of thing affects people...hate to think how it affects those that are the target of such vile abuse.

excellent!

Richmond, the AFL's most recent leviathan, is a perfect example of patience and hard work shining through. Damien Hardwick inherited a Tigers team who had missed 13 of the last 14 Septembers and would miss another three straight in his first three years going just 24-40. While Richmond didn't make finals until his fourth year, it wasn't until season 8 when Richmond finally won a finals match.

I could be wrong but I don't really put Richmonds success down to Hardwick. There's a reason despite success he's not talked about at the same level of Clarkson.

I think he's a pillar, not the architect. Clarkson was the architect. Obviously he was the right pillar for them, can't argue that.

Just heard a snippet of Matthew Nicks' press conference...pretty powerful. Just goes to show how much this kind of thing affects people...hate to think how it affects those that are the target of such vile abuse.
I try to comprehend, in a tiny way, what the likes of syd jackson went through both onfield and within our club 50 years ago - we barely deserve/d him.....

Love seeing a coach slamming someone in the media for their comments. We need some of that strength with the media so that they think twice…

https://www.afl.com.au/news/659473
I have a question. How much of that supposed strength is drawn from the fact that Beverage has won a flag?

If Teague, Longmuir etc said that, they'd be caricatured by the media. Premierships bring legitimacy to a coach's commentary that coaches without them lack.

How would the media treat someone saying that without the flag to back them up?

I could be wrong but I don't really put Richmonds success down to Hardwick. There's a reason despite success he's not talked about at the same level of Clarkson.

I think he's a pillar, not the architect. Clarkson was the architect. Obviously he was the right pillar for them, can't argue that.
We'll see now, won't we?

How long will Cotchin, Edwards, Jack go for? How will Dusty go without that experienced and talented defensive support and leadership? Will they keep trying the same thing despite it not working, or can Hardwick craft a second premiership winning gameplan from the remains of the first?

A bit harsh with all of the Bogun comments regarding Tex. We all make mistakes hopefully his heart felt appology is accepted and he is rmebered as one of the greatest minds in the history of the game. 1628233314189.png

Love seeing a coach slamming someone in the media for their comments. We need some of that strength with the media so that they think twice…

the media? think twice? what leverage does any club have, let alone ours, to get "the media" to think twice (whatever that means)

I would be very surprised if people in the media would back off from saying things the club doesn't like all because Teague spoke back to them.

What bothers you that the media have said? Surely not Cornes?

Not to mention all because idiots say things doesn't mean you have to respond to them.

Side-note I ******* despise the word SLAMMED, SLAMS in media headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back