No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just found out Scot Palmer passed away.

Was a massive icon in the football press and media, esp for me growing up in the 80s.

A life well lived.

Keep on punching in that media box in the Sky Scottie

images

Still holds the record for longest serving employee at the Herald Sun, something ridiculous like 62 years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Two headlines from past 24 hours...

Amber Laidler welcomes her first child with AFL star husband Jeremy.

Collingwood star’s bid to wear prescription sunglasses.....Star = Mason Cox

sh*t, there must be more stars in the AFL than in the Milky Way....

Liam Jones on Seven News later this hour.

Says he still thinks his best footy is ahead of him … intimating that a return to AFL is not out of the question.

Oh this should be interesting ... how pray tell could he return unless he gets vaxxed? Am I missing something?

Oh this should be interesting ... how pray tell could he return unless he gets vaxxed? Am I missing something?
He might be prepared to accept the newly available Novavax option?
If this occurred, he's still on our list isn't he?

edit. Just read that this vaccine is supposed to be a safer alternative for those that may have adverse reactions to previous vaccines.
Just take it Jonesy and welcome back.

Last edited:
No he didn’t.

Based upon his posting history online, I’m guessing he is anti-vax rather than relying upon health advice about what is contained in different vaccines.
I recall that when this came to a head last year there was poster on this forum suggesting that the truth will come out in a couple of months and those thinking he is a just an anti-vaxx fool will look very foolish. Well a couple of months have gone by and i havent seen anything to suggest he is anything but an anti-vaxxer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He might be prepared to accept the newly available Novavax option?
If this occurred, he's still on our list isn't he?

edit. Just read that this vaccine is supposed to be a safer alternative for those that may have adverse reactions to previous vaccines.
Just take it Jonesy and welcome back.

I hope not. Because that would mean Liam Jones still has a Carlton contract for 2022 and the club are paying him not to play.

I don’t think that’s the case at all and retirement simply means retirement. The way I see it is if Liam gets vaccinated and wants to resume his career, we don’t have first dibs on him because he retired.

If the opportunity arose and we somehow got Liam back on the list wouldn’t that be bad for our culture? I mean how would the other players feel about this? Personally I think we should have no interest in Liam even if it was possible to get him bank on the list.
Yeah, I have no real interest in getting Liam back on the list (no pre-season for Liam makes him less valuable than everyone on the list). If Liam gets vaccinated and comes back via the mid-season draft, the only way he could play for Carlton is if we are 18th by Round 11 and we select him. Let’s just hope that never happens. He made his decision and he retired, he’s no longer on our list.

I hope not. Because that would mean Liam Jones still has a Carlton contract for 2022 and the club are paying him not to play.

I don’t think that’s the case at all and retirement simply means retirement. The way I see it is if Liam gets vaccinated and wants to resume his career, we don’t have first dibs on him because he retired.
I thought the go was once you were moved to the inactive list in this scenario (or retired in Liam’s case) he was paid in full for the time until he pulled the pin and maybe got a litle bit after that, but not close to the full contract. Something in the ballpark of 25-40%. Not sure if the retirement made a difference compared to a player that simply was moved to the inactive list then delisted by the club in May or whenever the deadline was.

I thought the go was once you were moved to the inactive list in this scenario (or retired in Liam’s case) he was paid in full for the time until he pulled the pin and maybe got a litle bit after that, but not close to the full contract. Something in the ballpark of 25-40%. Not sure if the retirement made a difference compared to a player that simply was moved to the inactive list then delisted by the club in May or whenever the deadline was.

I don’t know how the money works in this case. It’s a tricky one.

I just think as a club and supporter base we should move on. Liam not being out there hurts but I think we have enough to cover it.

I heard he got a $100k payout.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back