No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You always start high and then work back from there...

No issue with 2 firsts...
No issue with anyone outside of top 5 players...

Yes that's what ambit means, we weren't going to pay that.
A calculated gamble that our midfield group was going to grow is/was the right call.

Oliver would be an excellent addition but on the face of it, we should have had enough emerging talent in the guts and in that age group without throwing enormous resources at acquiring 1 mid.

What about the topic we are discussing, could an AFL player under certain circumstances, Sue the AFL for blocking them from playing in a GF?
You can sue for anything, whether you are successful or it gets to court is another thing. If she plays, gets hit early, and ends up in a coma for 3 months, the club, doctors and the boot studders will be sued. Boxers are routinely stopped from fighting, the same applies here. It will be covered in an agreement somewhere.

I note an article on foxsports saying Stephen Wells has stepped away from Geelong to consider his future...not a good time for the to happen one would have thought for the Cats dads army team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I guess we didn’t have to wait long for the concussion protocol to rule a player out of a major final or GF with Adelaide Crows captain Chelsea Randall ruled out of the AFLW GF this Saturday. So heartbreaking for her to miss out but in the long run it will be possibly beneficial.

I was really impressed by how dignified and classy she spoke about her injury, thinking about others (ie grassroots football) before herself and not feeling too sorry for herself.

I note an article on foxsports saying Greg Wells has stepped away from Geelong to consider his future...not a good time for the to happen one would have thought for the Cats dads army team

Greg or Stephen Wells ???

I was really impressed by how dignified and classy she spoke about her injury, thinking about others (ie grassroots football) before herself and not feeling too sorry for herself.

Yeah, it took a lot of class indeed.

You can sue for anything, whether you are successful or it gets to court is another thing. If she plays, gets hit early, and ends up in a coma for 3 months, the club, doctors and the boot studders will be sued. Boxers are routinely stopped from fighting, the same applies here. It will be covered in an agreement somewhere.

Second impact syndrome is what Chelsea Randall described.

Basically thats why you need a protocol that stops players playing too soon after a concussion (especially young players) the club would be protecting itself from liability by not letting you play.

I wonder how that balances out in court be interesting to hear the grounds of the players lawsuit, lost earnings if they happen to win?

PS Stephen May has had two concussions in 5 weeks, if he was a boxer he can't box for at least 90 days. In the EPL after two concussions must undergo neurological assessment before returning to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like he has decided to step down.

Hmmm experienced list manager needed not currently employed resume must include playing a key part in building a list that got to a grand final ??? I can think of one candidate.

Had the chance to get Oliver and we didn’t pull the trigger...

Sometimes you have to give up what you ‘think’ will be good for what you ‘know’ to be good...

We need another mid, not a HBF. Pay overs or we will lose players because of lack of success...

With all due respect, we did not have the currency to trade for Clarry, and Melbourne were never going to trade him

Gun player sure, but I wouldn't have sold the farm for him (Which is what it would have taken)

Second impact syndrome is what Chelsea Randall described.

Basically thats why you need a protocol that stops players playing too soon after a concussion (especially young players) the club would be protecting itself from liability by not letting you play.

I wonder how that balances out in court be interesting to hear the grounds of the players lawsuit, lost earnings if they happen to win?

PS Stephen May has had two concussions in 5 weeks, if he was a boxer he can't box for at least 90 days. In the EPL after two concussions must undergo neurological assessment before returning to play.
The Courts would probably not hear the case as there is an agreement in place with the Governing Body (AFL). The players on the one hand cannot sue for head trauma injuries sustained in a career and then sue for not being allowed to play as a direct result of a head trauma. I feel for the first club doctor that has to make the call that a superstar cannot play in a GF b/c of a concussion.

I note an article on foxsports saying Stephen Wells has stepped away from Geelong to consider his future...not a good time for the to happen one would have thought for the Cats dads army team

Bring him to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back