No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine there are issues that would arise should he subsequently be found not guilty - club/AFL would be liable for lost income while stood down and potentially for loss of potential earnings given time out of the game would impact subsequent contracts?

Claiming it is for his own good to "allow him to focus on the charges before him" doesn't fly either - it's entirely his call as to whether he needs extra time to do so, and he could take leave if he felt it was needed. If anything, one could argue he's more likely to get into further trouble without the structure of training/match prep week to week. Not that that's a major factor, but just plays into the "for his own good" bit.

Bit of a weird line to straddle. On one hand, you're right, a player facing serious charges probably deserves to be stood down. But technically, until they're found guilty, they'd have a legal right to continue working wouldn't they?
The NRL has a stand down policy, reckon they've probably already done their homework on the matter.

Don't the NRL stands down players who are awaiting trial on sexual or domestic violence charges ?
" The NRL introduced the no-fault stand-down policy in March 2019 – suspending players who are faced with serious criminal charges with a maximum jail term of 11 years or more. "

NRL's no-fault stand-down policy to remain | NRL News | Zero Tackle

Also looks like it holds up in court. " The Australian‘s Brent Read reports that an independent arbiter ticked off the governing body’s decision to enforce the rule in a major win for the NRL over the players union."

The NRL players association (and some apparent piece of s*** players accused of horrible crimes) challenged it but lost, costing the RLPA "north of six figures in legal expenses."

Braddley, Never had mongrel, he was more your outside on baller, but there was plenty of protection around him:D. appart from the sublime skills and supreme fitness. If he was pl;paying today he would always have the most meters gained stat. Run and carry with long passes and goals was his Forte.
Has the club record for most career disposals, kicks, handballs, & Brownlow votes with totals of 8776, 5876, 2900 & 144 respectively.
(Blueseum)

Like Walsh got better the later into the game. Ran the last quarter like it was the first.

Often played cricket the next day early in the season too. Won a district premiership, and four shield shield games as well.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Braddley, Never had mongrel, he was more your outside on baller, but there was plenty of protection around him:D. appart from the sublime skills and supreme fitness. If he was pl;paying today he would always have the most meters gained stat. Run and carry with long passes and goals was his Forte.

Running around in a large circle to tire your tagger and laugh at him - is classic mongrel. :thumbsu:

Has the club record for most career disposals, kicks, handballs, & Brownlow votes with totals of 8776, 5876, 2900 & 144 respectively.
(Blueseum)

Like Walsh got better the later into the game. Ran the last quarter like it was the first.

Often played cricket the next day early in the season too. Won a district premiership, and four shield shield games as well.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Owns the club record for Torps outside 50 for goals as well if you look closer....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Craig Bradley slander here will never be tolerated. He looked after his body the right way (like a temple) and shown far more mental discipline and go through physical torture to maintain his fitness levels than most of use could every dream about about doing once in a blue moon.

Braddles not tough, bah humbug.

Craig Bradley gave his 1987 Premiership Medal to his mate Peter Motley and made sure Mots will be a Bagger for life, even after that horrific car accident that ended his promising career.

images

Braddles is in my top 3 players I was lucky to watch most of his career at Carlton.

He would have played 500 games of VFL/AFL with us if he didn't start off at the SANFL (which arguably at the time was a good a comp as the VFL)

Weird as it sounds, I almost think Braddles is underrated by so many of our supporters (Least the ones who were never lucky to watch him play in his prime)

He was a beauty 💙💙💙

Beams being brought back was purely due to E McG. I have a couple of friends that move around in their inner circle and they told me about it months before it got announced.
Eddie wanted it to happen because he felt that since Beams had left they'd lost some cohesion within the team and, the only way to get it back whilst in their premiership window, was to bring him back in. Beams couldn't care less whether he stayed or left, but when Eddie offered to clear his gambling debt, Beams jumped back on the bandwagon.
Brisvegas new the whole situation, hence why they reemed them in the trade.
100% on the money, was told the same, plus some...

his unique level of mongrel was running through pain most players couldn't even begin to understand...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Craig Bradley slander here will never be tolerated. He looked after his body the right way (like a temple) and shown far more mental discipline and go through physical torture to maintain his fitness levels than most of use could every dream about about doing once in a blue moon.

Braddles not tough, bah humbug.

Craig Bradley gave his 1987 Premiership Medal to his mate Peter Motley and made sure Mots will be a Bagger for life, even after that horrific car accident that ended his promising career.

images

Braddles is in my top 3 players I was lucky to watch most of his career at Carlton.

He would have played 500 games of VFL/AFL with us if he didn't start off at the SANFL (which arguably at the time was a good a comp as the VFL)

Weird as it sounds, I almost think Braddles is underrated by so many of our supporters (Least the ones who were never lucky to watch him play in his prime)

He was a beauty 💙💙💙
What a player Motley would have been....

In 1965, Melbourne won their first 8 home and away games, in an 18 round season.
What many people do not know, is that they won 2 of the last 10 matches and missed out on the finals in 1965.
The next time they played finals was in 1987.

Beginning to understand what they have been going through....

What are people's thoughts regarding 'soft cap'? Just read through I get the idea of seperating medical. And wouldn't mind seeing it raised (I believe we would have the capacity to do this). But maybe not required for us at the moment, but maybe moving forward...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back