No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike ockerts

Premiership Player
May 25, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
northern blues
By Monday we'll be sitting 4th after a poor month of footy and coming up against reasonable opposition at moments in their season when they are hitting their straps: ess, are, stk. Throw in plenty of injuries which are really affecting structures and a lull in intensity, and I think we have cause to have some hope yet. There is still a lot of footy to be played yet this season.

I hope more than any fellow blue bagger your right, time will tell mate, got to get tomorrow out of the way first ;)

Mod Edit :- Continued from here ...

Last edited by a moderator:
" inject the most important ingredient – reality – nothing has actually changed under Teague Train. Another derailing against a GWS outfit which itself was all over the place on Thursday night. But wait, there's always noise that next week and next year will be better. It's all just words. "

:(

" inject the most important ingredient – reality – nothing has actually changed under Teague Train. Another derailing against a GWS outfit which itself was all over the place on Thursday night. But wait, there's always noise that next week and next year will be better. It's all just words. "

:(

I predicted this on Monday. I said that, in the event that we lost this game, the muckrakers would have a prewritten narrative concerning our development (or, rather, its lack) and our rebuild.

Here's the thing; AFL media (and Barrett) are trying to 'business as usual' their way through this; despite 4 day breaks, 4 games in 12 days, hubs away from home and home grounds, shortened quarters, etc. The biggest difference for a side like us - gone from bottom 4 to the next rung of challengers for the top 8 - is in the fixture. See, in a normal season, we'd have gotten doubleups against the poorer sides from last year, and we'd have played them in Melbourne and away. So, we'd have won 2-4 additional games from where we are right now with a few to go, and all would be citing our improvement.

I prefer this system of single games against each team - it prevents the kind of sugarcoating form a soft draw provides - but this is manifestly not business as usual. Barrett and his breed are required for their jobs to produce controversial or at the very least risable content, and perhaps we shouldn't be too harsh on them for it at the moment; given the state of the country, tis not the time to be out of work on principle. But he is wrong, genuinely and completely, and our results this year prove it. Percentage, wins vs losses, for and against are all superior to what the were last year once adjusted for gametime.

Check Arr0w's posts in the bookmarked thread. It'll set you straight if you're doubting a bit.

Last edited:

Lol absolute *heads

Richmond players have created headlines the AFL can ill afford.

The Courier Mail exclusively revealed Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones were involved in a brawl outside a strip club on the Gold Coast on Thursday night.

Stack, 20, and Coleman-Jones, 21, were allegedly evicted from the Hollywood Showgirls gentleman’s club on the Glitter Strip’s Orchard Ave before engaging in a fight just metres from a police station.

Lol absolute fu**heads

Send them home, season over for those two idiots.

No more suspended sentence for the club, second (and third) offense.

When will the players learn to behave like adults?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty weak and poor response for a serious breach from the Ferals ...

EhCaS1aU4AAy3RN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back