No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood board a real mess right now. They are turning on each other like droves (and the Eddie defenders are extremely hostile and toxic)

Feels a lot like Qanon in there lol.

The scary thing is the ones who hate Eddie are sane. Normal Collingwood supporters, who knew.

Might have something to do with one taking steps to successfully fix the relatively new problem and one having made little to no progress in 20 years with a systemic issue.
More like one ignoring advice from Federal sources, shifting blame and then finally fumbling their way to a outcome and the other having their head stuck in the sand for 20 years.

Collingwood board a real mess right now. They are turning on each other like droves (and the Eddie defenders are extremely hostile and toxic)

Feels a lot like Qanon in there lol.
Turning on each other "in droves".......

Might have something to do with one taking steps to successfully fix the relatively new problem and one having made little to no progress in 20 years with a systemic issue.

I think you’ve just got to ask whether Joe Public is likely to draw a parallel, Jabba. Not the majority of the public, but enough to make the Premier politically hesitant. I fully accept that you don’t see a parallel. But if you’re Dan Andrews, and you’re standing in front of the media, and they’re asking your comments on Eddie... then are you thinking to yourself that there are going to be elements of the population who will draw parallels between your leadership and Eddie’s? If the answer is yes, then you’ve got to defend Eddie. And I should say, there are enough posters on this thread drawing the parallel to be indicative of likely trends within the Victorian voting population.

Put it this way. Andrews and Gil were close to only ones in the public glare defending Eddie. And that’s from across the political spectrum, both Labor and Liberal (several of Andrews’ colleagues signed the open letter, as I understand it). If there were no parallels that anyone could possibly draw between Eddie and Dan’s leadership, then why else was he defending him?

mighta meant doves...soft feathery things

Didn't manage much sleep right now, so I am not firing on all cylinders in my cranium right now 🤡

What I find astounding though is quite a lot of them over there seem more loyal to Eddie than the footy club itself.

Makes me more glad and happier than ever we have a club President who pretty much prefers to stay quiet and let others be the public spokespeople for the club.

Loguidace has quietly putting his very positive impact on our football club without trying to audition himself to be the next host of The Oscars (or in this instance, The Logies) which Eddie loved to do whilst Prez of The Filth.

148628761_3662017487209708_4291338524544577521_n.jpg

Didn't manage much sleep right now, so I am not firing on all cylinders in my cranium right now 🤡

What I find astounding though is quite a lot of them over there seem more loyal to Eddie than the footy club itself.

Makes me more glad and happier than ever we have a club President who pretty much prefers to stay quiet and let others be the public spokespeople for the club.

Loguidace has quietly putting his very positive impact on our football club without trying to audition himself to be the next host of The Oscars (or in this instance, The Logies) which Eddie loved to do whilst Prez of The Filth.

Would be a significant number of them who have no memories of a pre-Eddie Collingwood. They conflate the two and an attack on Eddie is an attack on the club.

It seems bizzare I know but unfortunately we had a similar situation with George Harris and then again with Elliot. They get too big for their boots and make it all about them. I agree Loguidace is a very different beast. Thank goodness too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demons expectations:

FF: Ben Brown
CHF: Sam Weiderman
3rd/relief ruck: Luke Jackson

Demons reality:

FF: Mitch Brown
CHF: Tom McDonald
3rd/relief ruck: Luke Jackson

this ridiculous support of mcguire is just that - who cares if he is the most aware respectful pro multi-culture bloke on the planet? his club is a toxic wasteland

this ridiculous support of mcguire is just that - who cares if he is the most aware respectful pro multi-culture bloke on the planet? his club is a toxic wasteland

Would that people extended this kind of 'he's a human being, he doesn't deserve treatment like this' to everyone they don't know, instead of saving it solely for the 'good blokes'.

I wonder if Buckley rang Eddie and told him " the other board members don't want to work with him and it would be best for him to find another club.
Don't know but Bucks has a bit to answer for in regard to Heretier.

Collingwood won't be better without him, but football as a whole, will be.

Not too sure about that, he sold a number of games to financially struggling clubs, one it aided his club for playing on the MCG, and 2, the opposition got a financial boost playing on the MCG with a majority Collingwood crowd. I don't believe Victorian clubs will be better off without him, a few a struggling financially and the AFL are struggling to keep propping up clubs. Another season without crowds and the %h1t will really hit the fan.

He has come up to his used by date, he knows it, yeah he has put his foot in his mouth along the way, but haven't we all?

He is a proud and passionate man when it comes to Collingwood and you want that in your president, but maybe toned down 35%.

Not too sure about that

He is a proud and passionate man when it comes to Collingwood and you want that in your president, but maybe toned down 35%.
You do not have to agree. I know a lot of people buy into his self-salesman ways to make out he motivated for good of all clubs. I seen through that bullshit but it was clever spill he always done.
But I have always known he was genuine in his passion for his own club and his club are better at the end of his time there, than they were when he took the role on. He knows a lot of things he sold as an idea for smaller clubs indirectly helped his real love of Collingwood. That is why I say Collingwood will not be better without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back