No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an old-time Carlton Supporter going back to the 1970's who proudly went to every game for 16 years with my fellow Blue Army comrades.
If the Board ever appointed 'He must not be named' as coach, I would feel dirty. Yes different generation, time and all of that, but it still would not change anything. Three people who should never coach Carlton: Sheedy, Balme and 'He who must not be named'.

1615947588819.png

New sub rule, players named as subs will have senior games credited to their career even if they don't come onto the field.

Looks like its time to sign Brad Fisher up through the SSP! Lets get him that 100th game.

1615947658615.png

View attachment 1078896

New sub rule, players named as subs will have senior games credited to their career even if they don't come onto the field.

Looks like its time to sign Brad Fisher up through the SSP! Lets get him that 100th game.

View attachment 1078898
Bit weird that they get credited the senior game, someone might end up beating the simmo record of getting donuts for their first few games

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit weird that they get credited the senior game, someone might end up beating the simmo record of getting donuts for their first few games

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Exactl, its ******* weird. Bloke who's never stepped on the field in anger could be a 10 game player.. or even a 50 game player if you were to take the scenario to the extreme!

And could make a kid ineligible to win the rising star, without playing a single game

I wonder what happens now with games-played clauses. Let’s say a player has an 18 game clause that would trigger a new contract but he only plays 15 games for the year and a further 3 games as a medical sub but he never actually needs to be used in those 3 games. His games played for the year would show as 18 games but he only played in 15. Seems a bit weird that that would trigger a new contract for the following year.

And could make a kid ineligible to win the rising star, without playing a single game
Nick Graham reaches 300 game milestone without leaving bench...........more inside............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are they counting it as a game played if set player never plays a minute of game day?
Must be something to do with the fact that the player is getting full match payments, maybe the AFLPA would be up in arms if they are officially registered on the teams list for that match as a substitute but not paid etc.

Legal mumbo jumbo in other words.

Is there another sport on the planet where new rules are instigated the day before the season opener?
Backyard cricket often has rules introduced during play ... otherwise, no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back