No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see how Geelong go without him. Older sides will run out games better - and Geelong will be substantially older than Adelaide - but Adelaide oval, without a second KPF, with Hawkins, Selwood and Danger another year older and greyer and no Ablett?

It will be interesting to see how Geelong fair a year older. We will probably need a better opponent than tomorrow’s though.Adelaide are just too inexperienced a side to really damage Geelong tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see how Geelong go without him. Older sides will run out games better - and Geelong will be substantially older than Adelaide - but Adelaide oval, without a second KPF, with Hawkins, Selwood and Danger another year older and greyer and no Ablett?
hidden cats, missing crouches.............

nice call

Bottom 4.......
swans beat lions
hawks beat *
crows beat cats
roos ??
blues lose again.:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
Finishing that off, Roos got spanked. * lost from 6 goals ahead. Cool your jets, wait and see what happens. Round 4 last year the Suns were 2nd with 3-1 & 131.2% and the Hawks were 4th with 3-1 & 101.1%. Both teams won another 2 games for the year. The year before Gold Coast won 3 of the first 4 then lost every other game. There's a lot to play out yet.

I think that is probably a happy/good news situation. Back playing within 3 months is a lot better than initial fears he would be out for the season.

Unfortunately it means he will not be able to win the Rising Star, don't think that would bother the lad at all, he just wants to play footy.

I think that is probably a happy/good news situation. Back playing within 3 months is a lot better than initial fears he would be out for the season.

Unfortunately it means he will not be able to win the Rising Star, don't think that would bother the lad at all, he just wants to play footy.
Depends how many games he plays this year upon return, I think the cut off is 11 games. If he recovers well he'll exceed that, but if they take it really slow and cautious and only let him play the last month of the season he could still be eligible next year...

Finishing that off, Roos got spanked. * lost from 6 goals ahead. Cool your jets, wait and see what happens. Round 4 last year the Suns were 2nd with 3-1 & 131.2% and the Hawks were 4th with 3-1 & 101.1%. Both teams won another 2 games for the year. The year before Gold Coast won 3 of the first 4 then lost every other game. There's a lot to play out yet.
Yep, might have been another loss (as annoying as that is), but it was a close one that we looked capable of taking out. Against the reigning prems, who have won 3 from 4, had 20 players from last year's GF on the field and 12 triple premiership players on the ground. Versus a team that hasn't had a winning season since 2011, had arguably between 4-6 best players out, were playing 3 x KPP with injury clouds from the previous week and playing a club debutant as a KPF when he's traditionally played KPD.
A team who has had very little to worry about on the injury front over a 4 year period of dominance (team cohesion, game plan cohesion, could virtually run on autopilot), vs a team that has had nothing but injury troubles and is probably lucky to have played their best 22 once or twice over that same 4 year period.

It's a fine line between accepting honourable losses and being able to logically dissect the reasons behind a loss and take the positives out of it.

I don't think Brisbane and Freo will be overly concerned with their ladder position right now. And I don't think Sydney, Adelaide, Hawthorn or Essendon would be too comfortable with theirs.

Surely someone can write up a list of how many serious injuries dangerfield has been involved in. From The Carlton side it's at least Judd's knee, then Murphy's shoulder, then later his ankle?

Last edited:
Pendlebury 200 games at the MCG. Is it really that impressive, or does it just highlight the common view that Collingwood get an easy draw with little travel?
I've had a look at his splits.
318 games
200 at the MCG
43 at Docklands
76% of his career has been played in Melbourne and 63% at one venue.
This is his 16th season in the AFL and he has NEVER played a game in Geelong.
He has played 75 games at 9 different venues outside of Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fagan making sure his 'main midfielder' to be looked after .......... straight out of the Clarkson log book!!!!

How much support have we given our players = Crippa?
Notice - you put it out in the media and the "media" indirectly puts pressure on the umpires - not behind closed doors!

Find this really ironic.

One of the contracts they're investigating is the Stephen Coniglio contract.

Y'know, the same contract, that the AFL gave him that contained massive overs and ambassadorial/marketing money to ensure he didn't come across to either the Blues or the Hawks.

Find this really ironic.

Y'know, the same contract, that the AFL gave him that contained massive overs and ambassadorial/marketing money to ensure he didn't come across to either the Blues or the Hawks.
If you don't go to Carlton, your salary cap increases by 750K.

Find this really ironic.

May as well have the Russians investigate their own performance enhancing sporting drugs scandal, or better yet have Essendon investigate their own performance enhancing drugs scandal.

:rolleyes:

I wonder: under the new rules, what's considered a bag/good performance by a KPP? Bruce just kicked 10. Harry kicked 7, and could've kicked 12. How many did Kennedy kick?

The AFL establishment are going to discuss the significance, do what they do whenever some new statistical outlier presents itself; self aggrandisement, glorification of the players/position involved regardless of merit, etc. I mean, we've always had ball magnets (Damien Peverill, Scott West, etc) but it took until Supercoach et al for them to suddenly start winning brownlows, best player awards. Sure, good KPF craft is worth celebrating, but how much of these goals are being generated by good forward craft?

Let's be honest: if Fev, prime Buddy, Gehrig got a crack at the delivery we've seen this year, and got to take their shots without the man on the mark getting involved when you pinched a few metres wide of him, Fev would've cracked the ton a few times, and both Buddy and Fraser would've been multiple centurions.

I 'spose what I'm asking is, where do we draw the line and say, "that's better than should be expected"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back