No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
I’m on the pies side, we should be as loud and arrogant when it comes to the colour navy blue.

It was farcical how dark Melbourne’s jumper was a couple of years ago and we were forced to wear the away jumper when if they just stayed with the historical colour there would be no clash at all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Think Kane beat Eddie in the argument on tv.

But my vote is still with Collingwood, foundation club, wore the same jumper since 1897..

It's all pretty simple in my eyes, if Port want the prison bars id go fine,
they need to be (black and teal) home games and (white an teal) away games, which they wouldn't accept..

Just looks like Collingwood are on their knees (on and off field) and Port are trying to take advantage..
To me it came across as Kane being way out of his depth, Eddie rag dolled him figuratively speaking.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m on the pies side, we should be as loud and arrogant when it comes to the colour navy blue.

It was farcical how dark Melbourne’s jumper was a couple of years ago and we were forced to wear the away jumper when if they just stayed with the historical colour there would be no clash at all

It's their history, why is Collingwoods more important than theirs? I don't see. Why they can't wear it in games that have nothing to do with victoriana clubs, let alone just Collingwood. Let the fans and team connect with their history.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
To me it came across as Kane being way out of his depth, Eddie rag dolled him figuratively speaking.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Thought Eddie spoke nonsense and like Trump and Kane was the only one trying to talk calmly and with logic. (amazingly). Best mate a pies supporter and was horribly embarrassed by Eddie there.

“You don’t talk on behalf of Collingwood fans, I do” says disgraced former President

Was his initial reply.

"We should be loud & arrogant".

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
We all know that North are in a world of pain at the moment, sitting 0-6 on the AFL ladder. Their reserves are also on the bottom of the VFL ladder & in their game tonight they are trailing Casey 71-10 halfway through the 3rd quarter, having just kicked their first goal for the game.

The AFL are going to start getting very nervous about North soon. They know North can't afford to be down for long.

Bluechip66

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
If Port want to wear a traditional jumper a couple of times a year, home game, not against the Pies, I can't see why it's an issue
Sorry, can’t agree there arrow...your jumper is your ID.... port came into the AFL knowing & agreeing that they couldn’t usethe magpie name or “prison bar” jumper.
therefore their traditional jumper is whatever they entered the comp wearing.
for once I agree with Eddie!

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Win/win for Port, the club don't care that much if the AFL stop them wearing the stripes because it just feeds into their anti-Vic, us against the rest, always the victim, * the system identity. Fan engagement will be through the roof.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Sorry, can’t agree there arrow...your jumper is your ID.... port came into the AFL knowing & agreeing that they couldn’t usethe magpie name or “prison bar” jumper.

Is there a contractual agreement in place?

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
What choice did they have. Outdated and insecure politics shouldn't dictate what they can and can't do now. Common sense and respecting the tradition of one of the older clubs in the comp and helping their players and fans connect to that should be perfectly acceptable andunderstandable. Imagine if the AFL suddenly expanded to include 2 NZ clubs but they got priority to the colour Navy Blue - what would you be saying then?

Just cause Collingwood were the stronger club at the time financially shouldn't mean we get to permantently delete part of another clubs historical identity

Bluechip66

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Wasn't there an agreement that allowed them to wear it in the old heritage round? If so, the agreement can be challenged, that there is an agreement to allow then to wear it once a year, despite the removal of said heritage round
The only agreement was they could wear it during heritage round...but that is now defunct...no other option was agreed or discussed.... very literal or arbitrary....but, in lawyer terms ..dem the facts!
i would hate to think if they were the PA navy blues in SANFL..we would be happy with em wearing that our jumper.

Bluechip66

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
What choice did they have. Outdated and insecure politics shouldn't dictate what they can and can't do now. Common sense and respecting the tradition of one of the older clubs in the comp and helping their players and fans connect to that should be perfectly acceptable andunderstandable. Imagine if the AFL suddenly expanded to include 2 NZ clubs but they got priority to the colour Navy Blue - what would you be saying then?

Just cause Collingwood were the stronger club at the time financially shouldn't mean we get to permantently delete part of another clubs historical identity
We have deleted nothing, as they were never in the AFL before Collingwood.
have the PAmagpies stopped playing in sanfl?
their history is still there!

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Do you think they should be allowed to wear the black and white?

A bit on the fence about it.

Can see why the AFL wants to avoid having multiple clubs with very similar guernseys as a general rule, and on entering the AFL I figure Port implicitly agreed to adopt the new colours.

But if it's solely for an SA Showdown, in honour of their heritage, I don't really see any harm. And other clubs have worn some pretty significantly off-brand guernseys over the years without any issues as well.

Then again...if you cave to Port now, what happens next? They start arguing that if they can wear it against Adelaide, why not against Gold Coast? Sydney? Anyone but Collingwood? Maybe it's not worth conceding the inch when you know Port really want to take the mile.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
If Port want to wear a traditional jumper a couple of times a year, home game, not against the Pies, I can't see why it's an issue
It's an interesting one Az.

Is it the actual colours or the prison bar design that is the issue for Port? Their AFL team has developed a brand with the teal and black, so a compromise could be teal and black prison bars. It's been mentioned in the media previously, but at least they keep their brand with the traditional design.

It's also a design that they could wear in all AFL games, not just the heritage round. Even Collingwood and Eddie couldn't challenge that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back