No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Elmer
I 'm not sure you can sack a player if they are found 'not guilty' can you?

I feel sorry for the woman/girl who was originally assualted by D.G (DeGenerate)..was she paid out do you think? Imagine how whe would fwel when he was cleared...
You'd think his AFL career is over now.

Even if found nor guilty in a court of law,, JDG simply has run out of chances, how many times has he faced court over the years on various offences related to alcohol.

As I said, unfortunately it's very hard to be found guilty of any sexual assault crimes anywhere (which is a blight on our legal system), he is probably more likely to get pinged/convicted for beating the crap of her boyfriend (I assume) , especially if there is photos taken of his physical injuries and bruising.

The evidence is damning, even if the NYC courts let him off, he has seriously ******* up for the last time, and finally needs to be made accountable and actually punished for his total selfishness and esp contemptible regard to women and this arrogance of somehow being above the law, and lose the privilege of playing AFL football.

Even if found nor guilty in a court of law,, JDG simply has run out of chances, how many times has he faced court over the years on various offences related to alcohol.

As I said, unfortunately it's very hard to be found guilty of any sexual assault crimes anywhere (which is a blight on our legal system), he is probably more likely to get pinged/convicted for beating the crap of her boyfriend (I assume) , especially if there is photos taken of his physical injuries and bruising.

The evidence is damning, even if the NYC courts let him off, he has seriously ******* up for the last time, and finally needs to be made accountable and actually punished for his total selfishness and esp contemptible regard to women and this arrogance of somehow being above the law, and lose the privilege of playing AFL football.
When you see the videos of him on the night, not how i or most people I know react when just drinking. Shame they didn’t do a drug test afterwards, I hope he gets a swift boot from the AFL, such a grott

What a Malaka, had form too so should be made to spend that time in jail.

The arrogant strut as he walked out in a bath robe was putrid. FIGJAM extraordinaire!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think it's really telling that some as pro Collingwood biased and staunch defender of their rat pack and their antics in the past in Tony Jones saying De Goey should be finished at the Pies and the AFL is really telling. (In a good way)

Don't like the bloke, but on this issue he is absolutely right.

Just got off the indecent assault type charge. He's lawyered up, appropriate they have represented Weinstein in the past. I'm betting they'll get him off the other charge or non-custodial sentence by arguing proportionate defence when the man came in to confront them....so back mid-December training....New contract June.....rinse and repeat....

Last edited:
Jeff Kennett? Biggest ego going around? Spends most of his time telling others how they should do things. Would have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the place.

Wrong, will be stepping aside once a successor has been identified.
He only came back last time because there was nobody and was asked to.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong, will be stepping aside once a successor has been identified.
He only came back last time because there was nobody and was asked to.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Is only stepping aside because the writing is on the wall.

Has hectored the state government and cost the hawks funding for their Dingley project which is going nowhere.

Botched the Clarkson succession plan to the tune if them having to burn $900,000 off their soft cap over the next two years.

Sent e-mails to members to let them know that they were shopping their older players which didn't happen leaving most of them disenfranchised with the club.

Well played Jeff. You have managed to leave the Hawks in significantly worse shape than when you came back to them.

Last edited:
Even worse turns out that Jeff (who's main brownie points were built up by his involvement in beyond blue) was investing in poker machine technology.

Atlas gaming went broke this week owing Jeff $600k apparently.

Doesn't take too much to see the hypocrisy of someone heading a charity to beat depression being prepared to invest in a company that ultimately can push people towards depression.

AFL 360 co-host Mark Robinson has pulled back the curtain on his recent major health scare, including the moment he knew he was “in trouble”.

What clued you in Slobbo was it the constant state of inebriation or the two packets of cigarettes a day :rolleyes:

What clued you in Slobbo was it the constant state of inebriation or the two packets of cigarettes a day :rolleyes:

The bloke has been through enough and learnt his lesson from his unhealthy lifestyle I would have thought. No need to sink the boots into him when he is down (i did a few months ago, but was unaware of how close he came to dying at the time. His health scare is a big wake up care to us blokes who are a carrying a bit of extra weight and like a drink and or smoke or two from time to time.

I don't particularly like the bloke, but am very glad he is on the mend and I feel like he is one of the very few media personalities left in the game whom I don't believe for a second is a PR for the AFL (right or wrongly, Robbo does often call out Gil and the AFL for mistakes or lapses in judgement he feel have made, and i can respect him for that)

Even worse turns out that Jeff (who's main brownie points were built up by his involvement in beyond blue) was investing in poker machine technology.

Atlas gaming went broke this week owing Jeff $600k apparently.

Doesn't take too much to see the hypocrisy of someone heading a charity to beat depression being prepared to invest in a company that ultimately can push people towards depression.
He also does the conference speaking circuits, I heard him in Cairns 2 years ago. I thought he was a massive tosser! Glad that he is finally getting pushed out if the hawks, they will be better for it

The bloke has been through enough and learnt his lesson from his unhealthy lifestyle I would have thought. No need to sink the boots into him when he is down (i did a few months ago, but was unaware of how close he came to dying at the time. His health scare is a big wake up care to us blokes who are a carrying a bit of extra weight and like a drink and or smoke or two from time to time.

I don't particularly like the bloke, but am very glad he is on the mend and I feel like he is one of the very few media personalities left in the game whom I don't believe for a second is a PR for the AFL (right or wrongly, Robbo does often call out Gil and the AFL for mistakes or lapses in judgement he feel have made, and i can respect him for that)
Don't know whether to shake my head or to smile at the degree to which you've twisted yourself into a pretzel.

There will only ever be one of you, Elmer.

Kornes has pretty much admitted on twitter he likes winding up Carlton fans, I tend to take any criticisms or cheap shots at us with a grain of salt.

Least he admitted he was wrong about Sam Walsh.

The SA slowdowns are probably my most looked forward to non Carlton and finals games every season, even when either or both teams are struggling on the ladder, most of the matches are just so spiteful, intense with players from both sides going hammer and tongs.

Probably part of being in a two team state, I do feel like those type of derbies mean more to players of SA (and WA) clubs than traditional Vic club players and their rivalry these days, although I think The Dees and Dogs players seem to be building a mutual dislike of each other :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back