No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination
So you guys think that Brett's going with his own game plan as a Temp coach given Clarkson is coming back? I seriously doubt it

I don't think he's going with any game plan to be fair.

Looks like a mental reset for the kids. Play your own footy and have a bit of fun out there. Really simple structures. Larkey deep and bang it to him.

I don't think he's going with any game plan to be fair.

Looks like a mental reset for the kids. Play your own footy and have a bit of fun out there. Really simple structures. Larkey deep and bang it to him.
I am not sure this is happening. He is well aware of Clarkson's structures. It would undermine what Clarkson is trying to achieve. He will have a different demeanour to Clarkson which might be the difference in the message getting through.

I see Fox rated the hawks an F and Port an A+

They absolutely dominated the first half and the game was over BUT the hawks took 4% off them after half time and for a club who already had a poor percentage and may be the difference between 2nd and 4th that’s a pretty poor showing

I see Fox rated the hawks an F and Port an A+

They absolutely dominated the first half and the game was over BUT the hawks took 4% off them after half time and for a club who already had a poor percentage and may be the difference between 2nd and 4th that’s a pretty poor showing
They gave our off season a D+ so it's clearly a tough curve they're running.

It shits me that Essendon are in line for their 3rd or 4th "traditional" blockbuster slot with this Kings Birthday eve thing as we hang onto our one Easter Monday clash.

I hope we can get a little more proactive and claim another one at least. The one that is just sitting there at the moment is Mother's Day. A decently timed MCG clash on that Sunday afternoon will be snapped up by some clubs guaranteed.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am not sure this is happening. He is well aware of Clarkson's structures. It would undermine what Clarkson is trying to achieve. He will have a different demeanour to Clarkson which might be the difference in the message getting through.
He said before the game he was using clarksons game plan and had just tried to focus on lifting the players spirts. Or that was my take.

It shits me that Essendon are in line for their 3rd or 4th "traditional" blockbuster slot with this Kings Birthday eve thing as we hang onto our one Easter Monday clash.

I hope we can get a little more proactive and claim another one at least. The one that is just sitting there at the moment is Mother's Day. A decently timed MCG clash on that Sunday afternoon will be snapped up by some clubs guaranteed.
In b4 Brad Scott does a Malthouse, and complains about "blockbuster fatigue".

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Look at the desperate efforts from Ziebell to stop a super agile electric Ruckman

Those two kicks on the full for a senior player who is supposed to have elite kicking skills were deplorable.

I will be very surprised if he is playing in the seniors next game.

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Blockbuster games will come to us once we get our s**t together on and off the field. Our numbers between 2008-2016 were huge as far as crowds, prime time and viewership!! Friday and Saturday nights will be our thing once again soon enough.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW
He said before the game he was using clarksons game plan and had just tried to focus on lifting the players spirts. Or that was my take.
I think he's thrown the magnets around too. Greenwood was getting bulk CBAs which wasn't really happening under Clarko. He also seems to have moved Scott into the action a bit more. Other than that it looks similar, they're just putting in a lot more effort at contest and Wardlaw getting fit has made a genuine difference in the middle

Mother's day has been awful. We had a Sunday afternoon mother's day slot a few years ago. It got about 15 thousand at the MCG. WHat mother is going to be Okay with her boys going off to the footy when they are supposed to be at home pampering her?

Mother's day has been awful. We had a Sunday afternoon mother's day slot a few years ago. It got about 15 thousand at the MCG. WHat mother is going to be Okay with her boys going off to the footy when they are supposed to be at home pampering her?
Even Collingwood could muster * all to attend this year. It's a horrendous timeslot for footy.

Choose between Kozi and Weddle

Against GWS from memory. Ditto Collingwood. I don’t see why something with 2 Melbourne clubs, marketed well and combined with something dedicated to women couldn’t work. Not everyone is home pampering mothers and I’m sure we have plenty of mum supporters who’d be up for a lunch followed by us playing a big game at a decent timelot.

Back