No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once took a girl on a date to the footy, some game not Carlton. We brought in a bottle of vodka. Fun. Not as much fun as the girl I brought to the super test at etihad though. We only brought the fires of our passion that day.

They should have tried to force their way into the property and interview the children. Award winning stuff. Who knows maybe follow them when they go back to school. Interview the teachers and other students. Any wonder people have stopped buying newspapers.

People haven't stopped reading papers, quite the opposite. People just prefer different mediums to consume it, thing is the yield on internet compared to papers is like chalk n cheese.

Played golf last Thursday with a couple of older Essendon members and the topic got onto football at around the 5 th hole, I was surprised at the rhetoric coming out of their mouths in relation to Hird. Going by the tongue lashing he received from an Essendon supporting wife of a judge in an article I read today he's done a wonderful job in completely trashing his reputation with those who idolised him.

He should have stood down when the investigation started and headed to France then, sliding door moments in life all of his own making.

Footy.......70's style.... Just watching some of these matches brings back some memories.

The football highlights are pretty special. A lot of genuine champions and legends. But I'm glad we've eliminated some of those tactics...
It was a different time, I know, but some of those short jabs to the jaw, elbows flying everywhere and "clothes hangers", were fairly gutless. I prefer the toughness guys show today at the contest...

The football highlights are pretty special. A lot of genuine champions and legends. But I'm glad we've eliminated some of those tactics...
It was a different time, I know, but some of those short jabs to the jaw, elbows flying everywhere and "clothes hangers", were fairly gutless. I prefer the toughness guys show today at the contest...
100% agree - cheap shots were never tough and I have no idea why it was accepted for so long.

• the perceived-macho behaviour of never dobbing a thug in at the tribunal was a problem for a long time
  • cameras
  • more umpires
  • greater social awareness of the damage a punch can do
  • unathletic, hulking types fading out of the game
  • discipline - adherence to a team philosophy of play hard but fair
  • introduction of 50 metre penalty
  • other stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allan Hird on 3AW going on about the conspiracy against his son. Has not yet visited his son and the first thing he talks about is the conspiracy against his son. He just does not get it and it is sad and delusional..... Just given the media the oxygen that they have been craving.

And in true Hirdite fashion....everyone else is at fault.

All smells even if there is truth in what Alan is saying.

You can almost write the rest of the story from here.
The Hird family are going to throw as much mud as possible, hoping some of it sticks and then they'll attack the weakness.

How are the media going to respond now, given James's 'delicate' situation?
Well done Alan and there may well have been a conspiracy but now you're returning yours in kind.

Look forward to the feedback from here. Will be interesting.

All smells even if there is truth in what Alan is saying.

You can almost write the rest of the story from here.
The Hird family are going to throw as much mud as possible, hoping some of it sticks and then they'll attack the weakness.

How are the media going to respond now, given James's 'delicate' situation?
Well done Alan and there may well have been a conspiracy but now you're returning yours in kind.

Look forward to the feedback from here. Will be interesting.
Gloves will come off.......If he had asked for privacy, then it would have been over. Instead he just reignited the whole saga. Not sure how that will help Ser James mental condition.

Gloves will come off.......If he had asked for privacy, then it would have been over. Instead he just reignited the whole saga. Not sure how that will help Ser James mental condition.

They know what they're doing.
Never trust someone that sells themselves as being honest and full of integrity and at the same timing alluding others not to be.

Alan set out to muddy the integrity of the Government, ASADA, Fitzpatrick, Demetriou and MacLachlan and by no means are these guys pure, but they do have a job to do.
Situations have to be handled and as s**t as it may be, sometimes have to be handled through political means.

Had have James backed out early on, none of this would have come about for him.....but no....He watched others slide onto their swords but James was going to prove points here at the expense of the EFC, the players, the supporters etc. No hero here.....regardless of what may yet eventuate.

I think Alan missed the United Nations and Trump with his swipe.

No doubt the AFL and ASADA handled this really poorly but so did *FC. Yes James did put conditions in place but you can make as many rules as you like but if no one is there to govern the the rules it is pointless and comes back to being James responsibility as he wanted Dank and Robinson running the program.

Hirds pride was his biggest downfall imo.

I don't think this was particularly well done at all.

I cannot think of a single reason why any rational person would have volunteered to do that interview.

Bad decisions clearly run in the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back