No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One guess who won the NRS ...........................

WADA presents the Ron ******* Evans medal to Andrew McGrath! :rolleyes:

Fancy that the NRS winner was acquired from a gifted NO: 1 draft pick due to DRUG CHEATING.

No offence to McGrath.

Not surprising in the least.
It's consistent with the whole "redemption" narrative that the AFL and media are force-feeding the public, to make sure * remain viable as a revenue-raising monster.

To me, the fact that we had five nominees is far more significant anyway, than if we had a single winner of what is a rather speculative award.

On form, Dusty is a cut above the rest of the competition.

Doesn't matter how much you love your workplace, if your career is on a timer and someone offers you an extra $400k per year for 7 years - you'd give it some serious thought. At the end of the day, he's taken $200k less per year to stay at Richmond. Hardly holding the club to ransom.

I admit, he's gone up in my estimation, going with the leaner contract to stay with the Tiges.
It's a good outcome for footy. I am happy for them. (Excuse me while I go to wash my mouth out...)

It's consistent with the whole "redemption" narrative that the AFL and media are force-feeding the public, to make sure * remain viable as a revenue-raising monster..

You only had to listen/watch FOXFOOTY's All-Australian telecast.

All the drug cheat players had "made comebacks after SITTING out the year".

Seriously the AFL should be ashamed, not only rewarding convicted drug cheats with All-Australian honours in the year after they were suspended, but ensuring that their media partner corrupt the narrative by calling it a comeback.

:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-01/archer-convicted-of-assault-cops-fine

Absolutely unacceptable conduct ...... LoL NoRf at it again .....

NoRf : the club has "accepted Glenn's version of events and acknowledges he has taken full responsibility for his actions and is unreservedly apologetic."

Archer: the dual premiership player says he will appeal the penalty

Yup accepted full responsibility .........

CuLCha!!!!

You only had to listen/watch FOXFOOTY's All-Australian telecast.

All the drug cheat players had "made comebacks after SITTING out the year".

Seriously the AFL should be ashamed, not only rewarding convicted drug cheats with All-Australian honours in the year after they were suspended, but ensuring that their media partner corrupt the narrative by calling it a comeback.

:rolleyes:
It's not really that surprising. Have to remember these players are all mates with one another and rarely do anything to seriously tarnish relationships. Essendon definitely cheated but it wasn't your traditional cheating like a Lance Armstrong so they can pretty much just blame the club and consider the players as victims.

The "comeback" story definitely sells but I also think it has a lot to do with other players seeing that they very easily could have ended up in the same situation. Have to remember a lot of these blokes come straight to clubs at the age of 18 and are looked after by agents, coaches, doctors. There's a lot of trust involved and I don't really think the players are taught to think that much for themselves.

I'm not excusing the players at all though. Very good lesson to all aspiring sportsmen.

Honestly it's a waste of energy caring anymore.

Burton should have won but McGrath was pretty damn good himself. Very consistent and talks like a future captain. Just wish it was with another club.

It's not really that surprising. Have to remember these players are all mates with one another and rarely do anything to seriously tarnish relationships. Essendon definitely cheated but it wasn't your traditional cheating like a Lance Armstrong so they can pretty much just blame the club and consider the players as victims.

The "comeback" story definitely sells but I also think it has a lot to do with other players seeing that they very easily could have ended up in the same situation. Have to remember a lot of these blokes come straight to clubs at the age of 18 and are looked after by agents, coaches, doctors. There's a lot of trust involved and I don't really think the players are taught to think that much for themselves.

I'm not excusing the players at all though. Very good lesson to all aspiring sportsmen.

Honestly it's a waste of energy caring anymore.

Burton should have won but McGrath was pretty damn good himself. Very consistent and talks like a future captain. Just wish it was with another club.

It should be another club - the AFL "rewarded" Essendon with the number 1 draft pick for finishing last which was the direct result of there well deserved player penalties - a disgrace.

When you think about it, I hope none of our players win this award with Ron Evans' name on it. How did he even get mixed up with that award? Probably should be the Kevin Sheehan medal if anything.

It's consistent with the whole "redemption" narrative that the AFL and media are force-feeding the public, to make sure * remain viable as a revenue-raising monster.
That well known snout in trough merchant Greg Denham on Thursday morning radio described the naming of the convicted drug cheats in the AA side as "the feel good story of the week"
I wonder whether he felt the same way about the winner of the mens 100m final at the recent world athletics championships .
I suppose it's just a case of bad luck and suck it up for the clean footballers and athletes who narrowly missed glory to these convicted drug cheats .
He followed up with "i couldn't care less" when the subject of finals tickets scalping was raised which is probably true when he scans his free press pass into the press bar .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back