No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't recall many of us thanking Grigg for his service and wishing him well at Richmond when he walked out on us. Hypocrisy indeed.
It was the way Grigg went about it which caused the angst.

He bolted overseas before letting the club know he wanted a trade & left us in a position where we had no bargaining power to negotiate a decent trade given the Tiggies had an earlier pick in the PSD than us. In the end we had to accept a steak knife (no disrespect meant towards Andy Collins) for Grigg.

Most players like to see the club they are leaving receive decent compensation in a trade. Grigg didn't give a s**t whether we got any compensation at all.

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
It was the way Grigg went about it which caused the angst.

He bolted overseas before letting the club know he wanted a trade & left us in a position where we had no bargaining power to negotiate a decent trade given the Tiggies had an earlier pick in the PSD than us. In the end we had to accept a steak knife (no disrespect meant towards Andy Collins) for Grigg.

Most players like to see the club they are leaving receive decent compensation in a trade. Grigg didn't give a s**t whether we got any compensation at all.

It was reported this morning that Lever rang all his team mates and told them what he had decided to do, that to me is a classy young guy with his head screwed on. (He received some poor feedback too) Adelaide should make the most of it and get what they can.

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It was reported this morning that Lever rang all his team mates and told them what he had decided to do, that to me is a classy young guy with his head screwed on. (He received some poor feedback too) Adelaide should make the most of it and get what they can.

Yep hats off to him for that.

That is above and beyond. I would have thought a call to the leadership group and a few others would be more than enough. But every player? That shows respect and guts. Picking up the phone over 40 times knowing many of these guys you copnsidered mates are going to give you an ear full.

Well done young man

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
Childish industry really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it's an industry full of man-children when you think about it. Straight out of school to playing a game for a living. If they're any good, employers come knocking at their door. Even young players earn way more than I ever will as a teacher.
These guys don't have to lodge 50 applications to get an interview and go to 10 interviews to get a job. A job which may suck, but you have to keep doing it to pay rent and bills.
Some players are more switched on than others, but the reality truck must hit pretty hard once a player's AFL career is over, unless they're a Lingy, a Lloydy or a Richo and can walk straight into a sweet, lucrative job in the media. (Then you never have to grow up!)

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Well, it's an industry full of man-children when you think about it. Straight out of school to playing a game for a living. If they're any good, employers come knocking at their door. Even young players earn way more than I ever will as a teacher.
These guys don't have to lodge 50 applications to get an interview and go to 10 interviews to get a job. A job which may suck, but you have to keep doing it to pay rent and bills.
Some players are more switched on than others, but the reality truck must hit pretty hard once a player's AFL career is over, unless they're a Lingy, a Lloydy or a Richo and can walk straight into a sweet, lucrative job in the media. (Then you never have to grow up!)

True, Lingy's voice is still breaking.

Moody Blue

Premiership Player
May 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Geez, Adelaide are filthy on Lever, and rightly so.

Burton saying they'll talk with all 10 Victorian clubs.
Get used to it. Players are going to seek a trade for money or chance of playing in a flag
I don't recall many of us thanking Grigg for his service and wishing him well at Richmond when he walked out on us. Hypocrisy indeed.
He wasn't wanted by Ratten. Can't really blame him. Collins was a good pick up.

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
He's back :straining:

He always reminds me of this guy..
101df1c5597611f8d581988e116418a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back