Oppo Camp General AFL Discussion - Opposition posters welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse..

Now we have a Rising star selector admitting he didn't even watch our game last week.

How many other games aren't watched ?

Now we have a Rising star selector admitting he didn't even watch our game last week.

Far out this is ridiculous! If you’re a rising star selector or a selector for something else AFL player related the least you can do is watch EVERY BLOODY GAME!

The most amateur league in the world...

How long until this rule is changed back?

Carlton player starts ahead of the Pies player while running forward for the initial 50m, does a head check, slows down to let the Pies player in front, then speeds up again claiming his run is blocked and gets an additional 50m!

This rule is an absolute joke.

Players are going to keep exploiting it now on the back of this video I reckon.

Yes it is a s**t rule but..................

if you give away a 50m penalty and are behind the player receiving the 50, don't try and sprint past him because it is 100 everyday of the week, you move away and let someone else up the field take the mark. The Carlton player didn't even have to deviate and it still would've been 100 as soon as the pie player got close.

Yes it is a **** rule but..................

if you give away a 50m penalty and are behind the player receiving the 50, don't try and sprint past him because it is 100 everyday of the week, you move away and let someone else up the field take the mark. The Carlton player didn't even have to deviate and it still would've been 100 as soon as the pie player got close.

The phrase its 100m every day of the week is something we should never have to be dealing with IMO unless it is a proper serious infringement.

Awarding another 50m for things they do now is just over officiating IMO

The phrase its 100m every day of the week is something we should never have to be dealing with IMO unless it is a proper serious infringement.

Awarding another 50m for things they do now is just over officiating IMO
I'm with you that it should be like it was but we are stuck with this because the stubborn clowns won't budge. I also think 6-6-6 should be abolished ,game would improve instantly but again the stubborn fools will not budge.

Re the bolded: perfect case in point was Nank not giving the ball back to Fyfe after being told too, that was an extra 50 five years ago.

No bias

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one thing i would change in your rationale Cotcho is 1 - is it a football act? That should be the first assessment made on an incident. Was Ablett and Fyfes hit a football act? Was Durdans a football act? Which incident got suspended, which two got cleared?

Yeah something like that would be perfectly logical. That's what I was trying to cover in the first rule. A bump is not an illegal act. So if you accidentally knock someone out it is the same as if you take a hanger and knock someone out or kick the ball into someones face accidentally. Or am I missing something?

I like to give a car example.
If you are not speeding and you accidentally kill someone you're fine. Accidents happen. (Ie Durdans bump, within rules, head clash, s**t happens)
If you are speeding and you don't kill anyone. You are likely to get a small penalty but you got lucky. (Ie Fyfe, Ablett, blatantly outside of the rules but lucky nobody got hurt)
If you are speeding and you kill someone. You are charged with quite a number of really serious offenses. (Ie Gaff punch, outside the rules and severe consequence)

The only conclusion I can make based on the above logic is that the bump is secretly banned but some players can get away with it if the opposition player doesn't happen to get concussed. Somebody better tell Sydney Stack

Far out this is ridiculous! If you’re a rising star selector or a selector for something else AFL player related the least you can do is watch EVERY BLOODY GAME!
It's called my name is Gil the socialite who knows nothing about football and this is how we operate my league.

It's called my name is Gil the socialite who knows nothing about football and this is how we operate my league.

That’s why I’m praying Gale gets the job. Would hate losing him but there’s nothing more he can do at club land.

It’s the league that needs the right leadership now.

Given how the Rising Star weekly nominations are usually picked, I don't have an issue with Shai, off one excellent week, not being picked. However, if your job is to adjudicate the nominations, surely you could at least watch highlights of every game, or at least highlights everyone who can potentially be nominated that week. I'm sure there's some work experience kid around who'd enjoy putting all the footage together for these selectors to watch, even provide them with some stats maybe.

Genuinely think Miers deserved it due to his consistency, but as the above poster stated, that is not good enough that Johnson didn't watch Bolton's game. Makes you wonder how many of the other nominees in years gone by, have been deserved, and how many have missed out due to negligence

How long until this rule is changed back?

Carlton player starts ahead of the Pies player while running forward for the initial 50m, does a head check, slows down to let the Pies player in front, then speeds up again claiming his run is blocked and gets an additional 50m!

This rule is an absolute joke.

Players are going to keep exploiting it now on the back of this video I reckon.

surely just say that the player has to run in a (relatively) straight line to their 50m penalty and if they deviate off their line like that campaigner did then it's play on. at least it would make it look very slightly better. the oppo defender should also be allowed to follow as close as they like.

the entire rule is just a shameless "get more ads" rule, either by getting a 100m penalty or the player playing on quicker and getting it down to a more open forward line. it's not an exciting rule at all and adds nothing for the viewer imo

well that explains why rising star is awarded to the wrong player nearly every week

Here is the quote thanks to rbartlett

What this tells us is that Tigers players are NOT even considered for the award, he should be sacked on the spot for making a statement like that

Given how the Rising Star weekly nominations are usually picked, I don't have an issue with Shai, off one excellent week, not being picked. However, if your job is to adjudicate the nominations, surely you could at least watch highlights of every game, or at least highlights everyone who can potentially be nominated that week. I'm sure there's some work experience kid around who'd enjoy putting all the footage together for these selectors to watch, even provide them with some stats maybe.

Yeah I think Miers has had a good season and dont have an issue with him getting it as such.

But all team bias aside, its just the fact a selector for an award isn't even watching all games but is still making a judgement call on it.

Crazy stuff.

Yeah I think Miers has had a good season and dont have an issue with him getting it as such.

But all team bias aside, its just the fact a selector for an award isn't even watching all games but is still making a judgement call on it.

Crazy stuff.
If it’s not bias what is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back