Oppo Camp General AFL Discussion - Opposition posters welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

If it’s not bias what is it?
I meant from my perspective not the selectors.

As in it doesnt matter that it was Bolton that missed out, the mere fact games aren't being watched by selectors is shocking

I’ve never really understood why people get so hung up about the rising star noms, or other stuff such as mark or goal of the week etc.
It's just nice to see some reward for effort for the young players.

But when we have selectors not even watching the games I think we have cause to be concerned

I’ve never really understood why people get so hung up about the rising star noms, or other stuff such as mark or goal of the week etc.
Yes and no...they are interesting to ponder...and always nice to win when it's one of our own! That rosy warm feeling of being on the Tiger train!
And heck those pictures of top marks are a pleasure to look at regardless of who wins it!
I still think about that Moorcroft speccie against the Doggies! And that Shaun Smith dazzler! Some good photographers ply their trade with those marks!
But if the AFL do inaugurate such awards then at least be fair dunkum about it and fund them properly with interested judges!

I meant from my perspective not the selectors.

As in it doesnt matter that it was Bolton that missed out, the mere fact games aren't being watched by selectors is shocking
What it does tell you is results are manufactured, pre ordained , the game is a con job

It's just nice to see some reward for effort for the young players.

But when we have selectors not even watching the games I think we have cause to be concerned
Maybe it’s just me but I honestly don’t care if our young players are recognized or not.
But if the players are, well then it’s pretty silly not having somebody watch the games.

Yes and no...they are interesting to ponder...and always nice to win when it's one of our own! That rosy warm feeling of being on the Tiger train!
And heck those pictures of top marks are a pleasure to look at regardless of who wins it!
I still think about that Moorcroft speccie against the Doggies! And that Shaun Smith dazzler! Some good photographers ply their trade with those marks!
But if the AFL do inaugurate such awards then at least be fair dunkum about it and fund them properly with interested judges!
Don’t get me wrong I love the great marks and goals, I just don’t care who wins them.

Don’t get me wrong I love the great marks and goals, I just don’t care who wins them.
My point entirely....i am the same...but if the AFL do have awards then do them properly...have a watcher at the games!
Those awards at least expose the footy oppo public to players they may not be aware of whether Tiger or Oppo...that's a good thing for the game!
If your not fair dinkum about implementing them...scrap them altogether, it's a sham otherwise!

Last edited:

And to add to this, what the media says. Who gives a crap. Don’t listen if you don’t like their opinions. They get paid to offer their opinion.

And to add to this, what the media says. Who gives a crap. Don’t listen if you don’t like their opinions. They get paid to offer their opinion.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion...we all have them...it's always nice to come across an intelligent and well thought out opinion...it's a treat!
Especially a well constructed opinion that is informative and changes your perception about the game...more of it i say!
I adored reading Martin Flanagan pieces of Journalism on the AFL game...
But this current level of moronic blabber...looking at you SEN and Co...Lloyd from the bumbers...you have to sort through the chaff to get some gems..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It gets brought up a lot but I genuinely believe that AFL umpires should be full time like any other afl level officials

People argue that they wouldn’t have a load to do on non game days but I think if they got together more frequently as a group reviewed every game and looked at every call they did and didn’t make as a group would help with the consistency with how games are adjudicated

One thing I thought about as well but I’m not sure if it would help or not but also giving the line ump’s and goal umpires the ability to call out infractions if they are in a better view than the main umpires and a call goes wanting

Maybe things like incorrect disposals could be left to the main but other things like head high contact or things that often get missed behind play that may warrant a free kick

Brad Johnson wth?

“body of work” add that one to the ever growing collection of silly phrases,a player should be selected on what he did on the day.

Imagine if that’s how the Brownlow votes were picked

“I gave x player a vote because they have been alright for a couple of weeks and they weren’t the best today but I thought they needed a vote”

Nothing wrong with having an opinion...we all have them...it's always nice to come across an intelligent and well thought out opinion...it's a treat!
Especially a well constructed opinion that is informative and changes your perception about the game...more of it i say!
I adored reading Martin Flanagan pieces of Journalism on the AFL game...
But this current level of moronic blabber...looking at you SEN and Co...Lloyd from the bumbers...you have to sort through the chaff to get some gems..

That post is so contradicting.

I don’t think they’ve ever made a howler of a decision for the guy who wins it at the end of the year.

But I’m still calling spot fixing.
Lewis Taylor in 2014 was a bit iffy i reckon.

Lewis Taylor in 2014 was a bit iffy i reckon.
He was a weird one.

It was a few years ago now but wasn’t someone else the hot favourite and was it Johnson that won money from that bet?

Or was it King? Can’t remember now, it was a long time ago.

I think I’m getting old. :(

He was a weird one.

It was a few years ago now but wasn’t someone else the hot favourite and was it Johnson that won money from that bet?

Or was it King? Can’t remember now, it was a long time ago.

I think I’m getting old. :(

It was King i'm pretty sure :)

Looks like Essendon have finally got on the front foot and demanded some answers.

good on them.

I know we give them a bit of stick for a wide range of things, but they have every right to ask for some clarity on the Rampe goal post climbing decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back