General AFL thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nup, I'm with Pebbles here. Businesses hire people on potential all the time. Doesn't mean they get a free ride from then on.
He has a contract that is not performance based. A contract cannot be downgraded while it is valid unless both parties agree.

Why should Boyd agree? And if he is pressured how does that culture attract big money players who are not guaranteed they wont do the same to them.
Huge unsightly mess. Not ours thankfully

It was very depressing to be Mitch Clarke on big money not being able to play for Melbourne.
Hamill would have been on big ( at the time ) bucks when he played one season in three years.

Buyer beware.
In this case the Dogs took a bigger risk than most would have.

Dogs are an absolute shambles of a club, it's time they were relegated to the VFL what an embarrassment it's truly is beautiful what Peter Gordon is doing to that club
disagree. They have a great coach. Fairly good list. Lost their inspirational captain early this year. Not bad people. Perhaps their only issue is getting over the two Prelim. Finals in 2009, 2010. Gordon is a flog.

Jesus Bulldog supporters are thin skinned and cant handle the destruction of their season.

Some child known as GetDimmaBack is carrying like an A grade peanut on the Tom Boyd thread.
God they are like children that someome has taken their lollies from.
Never experienced their level of irrational arguments and tantrums these supporters are indulging themselves in.
Embarrassing really.

SEN had some Dons supporter ringing in to demand St Kilda take Goddard back because he's a gesticulating negative flog. Not even their fans like him.
Captain Goddard .
Weren't the druggies smug when they got Goddard.
Premiership was a formality.
Lol

SEN had some Dons supporter ringing in to demand St Kilda take Goddard back because he's a gesticulating negative flog. Not even their fans like him.
If they had taken Lovett back, I would consider it.

As it stands, Fkem. Deadbeat bunch of male strippers and shysters. Now even worse than the flogs of Carlton, the peasants of Collingwood, the greasers of Richmond, the nobodies of North and the mentally fragile of Footscray: some achievement, considering what a shower those teams are. The whole club should be boxed along with University and put a Tassie team in its place.

GAGF Dons.

After all the hijinks they pulled with Carlisle last year, there are seriously essendon supporters who would expect us just to take back a player that they have grown tired of?

Essendon supporters sip the Koolaid like none other

I loved goddard at the saints as well.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take him and their 2nd for our 3rd
Yeah our 2nd for their 3rd. And if they chucked in Hurley as well you'd at least have to consider it

* may have to put BJ on rookie list to avoid stifling list cloggage

holmesby spot on here

Finally some sense being spoken!!! The bizarre over the top histrionics coming out of the kennel this week has been too much. It has been so ridiculously emotional that the public sentiment has gone from: "gee, that was a tough night for the dogs" to "there's something very weird about that football club." One of the strangest things I've seen in footy.

Can't see a problem. Contracts are a two way street. He accepted the contract knowing full well he was expected to perform in return for the payment - if he says otherwise its breach of contract.

So if the problem is that he maybe not be putting in as much as other players I'd be a bit blunter with him - we're paying you to perform - you haven't performed so can you please explain to your teammates why you should continue to be paid that salary.

Doggies will then know whether he is part of the team or doesn't give a s@#$?
He signed a contract with express terms. He is entitled to the amount of money outlined in the signed agreement. End of.

If they had taken Lovett back, I would consider it.

As it stands, Fkem. Deadbeat bunch of male strippers and shysters. Now even worse than the flogs of Carlton, the peasants of Collingwood, the greasers of Richmond, the nobodies of North and the mentally fragile of Footscray: some achievement, considering what a shower those teams are. The whole club should be boxed along with University and put a Tassie team in its place.

GAGF Dons.

Love it! :thumbsu:

I don't blame him for taking the deal. I would blame him, if I was a Doggies supporter, for his attitude from that point on. Ideally, he'd honour the good faith shown to him. Reports seem to indicate otherwise.

Pretty sure that at the time the media would have been saying how good the Bulldogs had been at the trade table.
a) They offered Boyd a really really really really high salary, making Boyd want to jump clubs ( not a free agent of course ) , making him make his point to GWS in no unlcear terms.

b) Offered pick 6 and an aging star for the previous year's number one pick.
Would StKilda have accepted Griffin and pick 6 in exchange for Paddy's pick ?

Bulldogs lose all sympathy when they use big money to force an unfair trade upon another club.
GWS lose all sympathy when they are given those players for nothing in the first place.
Boyd loses all sympathy because he is a 20 and earns as much in a year as i do in a decade.
Flogs all of them.

Meanwhile when the media are there at trade week saying "just get the deal done " , tell them to stfu, because they will be the first one to put the knives in when Boydy spuds it up or Jake snorts a line. Horrible little pubic hairs playing the corporate game , I support Aussie Rules Footy.

amidoinitright?

Then they gotta PROVE Boyds not trying dont they? Maybe he is doing his best?
Thats what they are paying him for. To play well. If he is playing as good as he can how is it his fault?
BUT if it can be proved he is a lazy arse and not trying then Doggies have something to complain about.
That was my point Snake.

My take on the situation is that some time within the next 12 months unless Boyd makes a substantial improvement, the Doggies and Boyds management will agree to a amendment/cancellation of the contract and a payout.

The punch up and a "perceived" lack of effort especially if its supported by the leadership group of the players would make it hard for Liam Pickering to threaten court action and still be a player manager that the clubs would deal with in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back