General AFL thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dogs also have a lot of Duckers so f*** them.

Hunter, Macrae and McLean to name a few. First thing they do when they get the ball :mad:

Apparently Spotless Stadium ran out of beer at half time.. I've heard that Bevo and Rors cleaned it up between the two of them during the first half :beercheers:
Pretty much. Just got home, feeling a tad rusty. * that was an awesome game

Should have asked Bevo for a few uppers for the hangover in the morning ;)

Have a watch of this video and see what Bevo says about a club great of ours.

I'll be cheering him and the doggies this Saturday. The Dogs success shows us we don't need AFL handouts to be relevant and contending.

He's a gem of a coach. He's a great mix of tactician and the type of coach players want to play for. it just goes to show how important coach selection is in our game as plenty of the footy experts out there wouldn't have thought Bevo would have been able to have the impact he has had on the Dogs so quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's with Jobe Watson having a press conference to announce his return like a celebrity after all his team mates just signed on fairly quietly?
Misplaced hero-worship much?
I don't mind the guy personally, but I think that's OTT considering the circumstances around his absence in the first place.
He'll be frigin hopeless. It's class A hilarity!

Have a watch of this video and see what Bevo says about a club great of ours.

I'll be cheering him and the doggies this Saturday. The Dogs success shows us we don't need AFL handouts to be relevant and contending.

Ffs.

Luke why did you bloody join that shower? Instead of making jokes about you being an addict, you could have helped us do what Barks' had dreamt of.

Ya bloody druggie.

Didnt want the dogs to beat us to 2.
But * the swans.
* cola. And * the afl!
Stick it up em dogs.

Let the dogs get to 2 before us
(Just let them remain on 2 as we get to about 4-5 ahead of them)

I'm really torn.

The bullies' story is a great one. And you can't help but to be impressed with the effort they bring and the one team ethos. To see them win the big dance would be some sort of story.

But I'll be spewing if they get their 2nd cup before us. As was posted above though, it's not like we haven't had our chances....

He's a gem of a coach. He's a great mix of tactician and the type of coach players want to play for. it just goes to show how important coach selection is in our game as plenty of the footy experts out there wouldn't have thought Bevo would have been able to have the impact he has had on the Dogs so quickly.
And many forget he was ours before the Dogs' implosion. :(

I'll be barracking for the Bloods on Saturday at the 'G. They are a genuine 'second' team of mine due to the SMFC family connection.

If the Swans play with the intensity that they played with in the first half against Geelong we could see another 10 goal GF drubbing. In reality the situation got to Giants but Dogs weren't amazing - yes they won and broke the hoohoo but I reckon Swans will be excited that they are playing WBs.

Most teams have a lack of respect for us and our history but most Dogs supporters have the same sort of history and genuinely hate us. I won't be feeling all gooey inside if they get their second flag before us, no way!

I'm really torn.

The bullies' story is a great one. And you can't help but to be impressed with the effort they bring and the one team ethos. To see them win the big dance would be some sort of story.

But I'll be spewing if they get their 2nd cup before us. As was posted above though, it's not like we haven't had our chances....

How bad is the 1 flag anxiety when the other team is up and about? Welcome to your first taste of having that dread extend over GF week. Haha man it's a tough gig being a Dog/Saint.

I don't know how to feel.

Dogs to beat us to number 2 or for them to prove smaller clubs are relevant?
I think it's more than just us vs them next week mate. I think sticking a big finger up to the AFL (who have babied the Swans and Giants for a long time now) is more important for the competition in general.

I remember in 09 and 10 when the entire country was behind us, it's the same today. For the Bulldogs to win their second premiership really has nothing to do with St.Kilda - we had our chances to do it and couldn't, so if they can then good luck to them.

To see the AFL prop up the NSW teams and then for a club that's been around 100 years without the same handouts or concessions to go on and beat them both would be something really special.

People forget how much of s s**t time the Swans had when they were shipped up north. They are not a plastic club by any stretch.

They are very pro. Best team all year and deserve to win.

That said, the AFL should remove academy picks and put all draftees into the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back