General AFL thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, i'm so sick of the AFL giving those Blues and Tigers plodders the first game of the season every damn year. Of course it rates well because it's the first ******* game of footy in months! Those hacks don't deliver anything more than the mid-table forever sides that they are, but they get gifted a blockbuster.

Make it a GF re-match at the very least.

I posted this elsewhere in response to one from Verdun66 about how confident he was about the club's direction.

Trust you agree......

Mate, you may be like me: someone who has actually witnessed St Kilda win a premiership.

Though to be honest I only remember two things about that day: looking along the seating on the first tier of the Southern Stand (planks if you remember) and being startled to see my sister, parents, cousins, everyone - standing on the seating, yelling and jumping up and down.

And of course, that night watching my auntie dance on her kitchen table.

Must have been some night. And some celebration.

Then of course, the other: like watching your team lose by more than 18 goals at Victoria Park.

I digress.

My point being I absolutely agree with you.

None of our subsequent successes (71, 97, 09, 10) had the feeling that I'm getting now.

There is a sense of purpose that I think the club has lacked since Drake/Huggins moved us to Moorabbin.

Plus there are a bunch of extremely capable people in place, both at board and executive level, that we have lacked over the years.

Our Football administration couldn't be in more capable hands.

And lastly, for the first time in I don't know how long, there is a playing list that provides a multitude of best 22 options.

That has never been the case, and will only improve over the next two years.

Whether we prove to be good enough, who knows.

But at least we're giving ourselves a great opportunity!!

not sure where else to put this, but...
i saw you guys picked up jack steele recently, taking your tally of "jack's" to 6, i believe.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-jarrad-jarrod-jarryd-dynasty.1150054/
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-jarrad-jarrod-jarryd-dynasty.1150054/
after recruiting jarrod witts and jarryd lyons today, we've taken our tally of Jarrad's/Jarrod's/Jarryd's to an almighty 5.

we'll be keeping an eye on you over the years to come... :p

i saw you guys picked up jack steele recently, taking your tally of "jack's" to 6, i believe.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS
after recruiting jarrod witts and jarryd lyons today, we've taken our tally of Jarrad's/Jarrod's/Jarryd's to an almighty 5.

Perhaps starting next year we can have: "The J Cup Challenge"

"JOBE Watson and his suspended Essendon teammates will return from their drug bans in a prime time [Friday night] MCG blockbuster next season.

The AFL is set to grant Essendon’s wish for a home Round 1 game and is close to locking in its opponent – either Melbourne or Hawthorn.

The Bombers will invite their army of supporters to march from Federation Square to the game as one to welcome back their heroes
."

Sickening.

Haven't seen appeasement like this since 'Peace In Our Time'. :rolleyes:

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS

A few years ago I believe we had a Jarryn, Jarryd, Farren and Arryn on the list at one time. Jayden as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The AFL is set to grant Essendon’s wish for a home Round 1 game and is close to locking in its opponent – either Melbourne or Hawthorn.
The Bombers will invite their army of supporters to march from Federation Square to the game as one to welcome back their heroes
."

Sickening.

And what a great message that sends! That is seriously vomit-worthy. Why do they deserve a prime time Friday night game? The AFL is completely morally bankrupt. Ugh!

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS

Come and see us next year , we have a Jarryn we could trade you. I'd hate to see him go , but its a noble cause

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS

Sorry, but it just doesn't count unless they're all spelled the same, you know, like Jack! :D

"JOBE Watson and his suspended Essendon teammates will return from their drug bans in a prime time [Friday night] MCG blockbuster next season.

The AFL is set to grant Essendon’s wish for a home Round 1 game and is close to locking in its opponent – either Melbourne or Hawthorn.

."

Sickening.

What article is that from?

Whatever happened to teal names like Gerald, Craig and Darren.
images

."

"In other news, the AFL is negotiating a sponsorship deal with the City of Melbourne and will shortly announce that Schapelle Corby is to be named Queen of Moomba."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back