General AFL thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you. With some senior experience added for next year and young guns injury free watch out for the Dees. Comparing the teams directly, we've mostly beaten them with big games from our senior players in recent times. Their mid depth and potential has us covered easily atm imo. Hopefully Hogan gets the yip hop hip yops again.
I think that was less true in 2016 round 6 Acres was massive then the second time Membrey and Hickey were massive.
Roo, Dempster and Montagna are a huge advantage in our development not only in lifting the team on field but setting standards in preparation.
They know what it takes to be the best who at Melbourne sets that tone in that playing group Wattso_O

I think that was less true in 2016 round 6 Acres was massive then the second time Membrey and Hickey were massive.
Roo, Dempster and Montagna are a huge advantage in our development not only in lifting the team on field but setting standards in preparation.
They know what it takes to be the best who at Melbourne sets that tone in that playing group Wattso_O

None of our inside mids win the ball like theirs. Look at contested possession stats for starters.
We have no-one close to Viney for starters.

Those types of pundit probably only remember our last game and think that Roo kicked bags in all our matches.

Yep. Roo kicked 14 goals between round 8 and 22. Just 14 from 13 games and missing a game.

We won 9 of those 14 games, 75% of our season worth of wins.

We also won vs Collingwood when he went off before HT.

The point is we aren't relying on him to kick bags to win games anymore. Paddy, Bruce, Membrey and Battle- we're set for big blokes to try and full the gap whenever he retires completely. Our forward line CAN function without him which was often the concern for life after Roo. He's an awesome wingman now and will still be hard to replace but a wingman is much easier to replace than a champion key forward. The loss of Roo will hurt but not to the point of dropping our W/L tally, he plays on next year and MAYBE even the year after. Considering we are slowly getting less and less reliant on Riewoldt with every game we play, we can only assume this trend will continue and we'll be well equipped to deal with it when he's gone.

None of our inside mids win the ball like theirs. Look at contested possession stats for starters.
We have no-one close to Viney for starters.
And still they get beaten by us every time we play.

Ad for King. Lazy as they come.
Saints wont win a game.
We swapped Parish for Carlisle.

They guy would not know s**t from clay.
Nope, i reckon once lists are finalized and locked we can move onto the next year.

Oh and while we're talking about King, absolute muppet. Only good thing he ever did was campaign for Steven to be an All Australian and he couldn't even get that right.

I texted in when kingy was on about his thoughts on the parish for Carlisle deal a year later.

Unfortunately didn't get a response.

Would love love love McKenzie, lonie, Webster et al... To really assert themselves next year and show that we have just as to shelf yoof as they do.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Melbourne has 3.5 top notch players

Gawn
Viney
Jones
and McDonald is coming up.

Hogan is special and so is Petracca. Hogan is still too inconsistent but apparently having a great pre season so far. Hunt is pretty speedy.

So, all their guns are up & coming guns.

Tyson never does well against us, so not rating him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flat stick at work atm which is a shame cos I missed the draft and lead up to the draft. I've still been lurking a bit.
C'mon man, we need our fix.

Just one more hit... That's all we need...

Flat stick at work atm which is a shame cos I missed the draft and lead up to the draft. I've still been lurking a bit.
Lurking.... I'm dubbing you Dyson Heppell.

Lurking off the back of the pack for easy ball like a seagull waiting to be thrown a chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back