Discussion General AFL Thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have any idea what they are on about with this blaming the AFL bullshit?
The AFL did their utmost to find the players not guilty , disregarding all the ASADA guidelines.

The WORLD ANTI DOPING AGENCY found them guilty. I wonder if Lance Armstrong feels hard done by as well.
Apparently Lance hates the AFL and Gill in particular....Alan Hird told me.

Do you mean the Hird family?

I too, like most think James bought this on himself.
You reap what you sow as they say. But i wouldnt go as far to say hid DAD " wasnt good people".
He has sat there and watched his sons life go down the toilet.
He isnt a supporter of another club who found the whole Eesendon saga funny.
He isnt a neutral observer who can view it unemotionally .
He is his Dad.

He is just trying support his son .

I agree that as a family member this is a tragic situation to be living with.

However, by rehashing the whole saga through the media and perpetuating the myth that James bears no responsibility but everyone else does, isn't he also failing to understand that one needs to accept ( some) responsibility for one's actions.

Bringing this all up again is possibly not the the best way to support him as it reignites the debate, and in some cases vitriol, against James.

JOM might get to the field by easter according to hawks puff puece on afl.com.au. They don't say...

So, after a 1000 days off it, JOM might come back. I don't doubt his ability. But his knee is looking increasingly suspect. Still, the tone of the article suggests that by the end of the year, JOM should be really flying.

I agree that as a family member this is a tragic situation to be living with.

However, by rehashing the whole saga through the media and perpetuating the myth that James bears no responsibility but everyone else does, isn't he also failing to understand that one needs to accept ( some) responsibility for one's actions.

Bringing this all up again is possibly not the the best way to support him as it reignites the debate, and in some cases vitriol, against James.
Yes correct:thumbsu:
Im not saying its the smartest thing to do. But hes just doing what most parents would do.
Im sure the poor blokes angry and confused cos his son just tried to neck himself.
Would be hard for him to act rational and not to make any emotional statements at the moment.
Essendon the club can rot in turmoil for another 100yrs as far as im concerned.
But there are a lot of innocents caught up in their grubby mess.

JOM might get to the field by easter according to hawks puff puece on afl.com.au. They don't say...

So, after a 1000 days off it, JOM might come back. I don't doubt his ability. But his knee is looking increasingly suspect. Still, the tone of the article suggests that by the end of the year, JOM should be really flying.

On the news this morning it looked like he had one skinny leg bigger than the other skinny leg. Might have been the angles.

On the news this morning it looked like he had one skinny leg bigger than the other skinny leg. Might have been the angles.
On the other hand, his upper body sure is impressive :cool:

legday-3.jpg

Sorry if this was brought up already, but I was reading about Dom Tyson's injury and saw the description a few times as a "partial dislocation of the patella tendon". How on earth can you dislocate a tendon? I guess they mean patella dislocation or tendon rupture right?

Rewatching all our wins last year over a few beers over the next few days on YouTube. If anyone wants links let me know.

Got Collingwood Round 3 and Melbourne Round 6 on tonight. Great to see how we progressed over the course of the season :)

Rewatching all our wins last year over a few beers over the next few days on YouTube. If anyone wants links let me know.

Got Collingwood Round 3 and Melbourne Round 6 on tonight. Great to see how we progressed over the course of the season :)

I can't find Round 18 vs the Dogs anywhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't find Round 18 vs the Dogs anywhere?
Damn thanks for the heads up mate! I had a look on YouTube just then and couldn't find it either? I was going to watch it on the AFL Replay site but even that has been disabled now (need a subscription to watch it). Damn.

Just saw the whole Richmond team at the airport. Great to see Xavier Clarke amongst the group, his coaching success in the NTFL has obviously been rewarded. Hope he goes well.

I read that article. Sounded awfully familiar like they'd just replaced the words 'Gold Coast' with 'Hawthorn' & republished it from this time last year ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back