Discussion General AFL Thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still coming to terms with their start........had them bottom 6 pre season.

I have mates who make me watch a lot of them, I thought they plugged most of their holes in the off season. They kept trying to draft extra mids who ended up being average and finally went and got some talent via trade and managed to get a solid ruckman and some smaller forwards and created avenues to goal. They are seriously flakey but they seem to have got it together now starting the season with wins. They only missed finals one year and had a bad injury run so was a probably more anomaly rather than anything too seriously wrong.

I'm not gonna lie i have a giggle every year ANZAC day rolls around at how much of a concerted effort goes into all the advertisements trying to separate actual war and football. The language we use to describe footy is so outlandish and exaggerated that when ANZAC day rolls around you can just tell the AFL have a meeting and say "well the standard ads are extremely distasteful, better pretense every ad with what amounts to a disclaimer".

Say what you like about the Richmond Football Club, but watching them go 5 and 0 and all up and about just makes me SICK.

Not as much as looking at Geelong and Sydney who were up for 10 plus years with out falling away while we are still trying to make a competitive starting line up. I'll cry if they start winning finals though, they have been the only old club not to have made prelim in the modern era I'm pretty sure and I don't think they have actually won a final for about 20 years.

Tigers have beaten:

11th
12th
14th
17th
And had the bye (West Coast at the MCG)
From last season.

Let's not get carried away.

Crows by 100 next week at home comfortably

Much like North last year whose 9 - 0 start only included two teams above them if I recall correctly. Yet they were lauded by the media until they came crashing back to earth with a thud.

Still, I don't like the Dees and am very glad the Tiges beat them.

I'm not gonna lie i have a giggle every year ANZAC day rolls around at how much of a concerted effort goes into all the advertisements trying to separate actual war and football. The language we use to describe footy is so outlandish and exaggerated that when ANZAC day rolls around you can just tell the AFL have a meeting and say "well the standard ads are extremely distasteful, better pretense every ad with what amounts to a disclaimer".
Yeah as much as i love Footy and when we watch a tough crash n bash game you cant help but throw the words brave , courageous etc around. But when you hear some of the stories about what young men and women went through during the wars.
It brings AFL back to a bit of reality. Its just blokes on big money chasing a ball around for fun.

Still love it though:)

I notice Captain Neckbeard is in today for the meths. I wonder if he'll get slaughtered by a depth player again?
I would argue he's better than about 1/3rdof the players named regularly in that Bombers team.

I'd have Nekbeard ahead of Stanton, Baguley, Ambrose, Green, Colyer & Mitch Brown

I notice Captain Neckbeard is in today for the meths. I wonder if he'll get slaughtered by a depth player again?

IMG_2798.JPG

Worst. Pirate. Ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the fixture, I still have us on 11-13 wins.

And I need to keep reminding myself that we've played

Melbourne with a point to prove
The biggest home field flat track bullies to ever play the game
A top 3 team with their biggest strength being our biggest weakness in probably the most important part of the ground.

Still plenty of water to go under the bridge.

I would argue he's better than about 1/3rdof the players named regularly in that Bombers team.

I'd have Nekbeard ahead of Stanton, Baguley, Ambrose, Green, Colyer & Mitch Brown

Selection is always a prickly issue! And not without the odd red herring.

Looking at the fixture, I still have us on 11-13 wins.

And I need to keep reminding myself that we've played

Melbourne with a point to prove
The biggest home field flat track bullies to ever play the game
A top 3 team with their biggest strength being our biggest weakness in probably the most important part of the ground.

Still plenty of water to go under the bridge.
The two sides we beat are bottom 4 sides.
Melbourne and Eagles are very average. Geelong are probably the 4th or 5th best side but no better than that.
So in summary - we are pretty ordinary.

I think today is the day Bucks finally gets the ass.
Collingwood have only managed 41 goals for the whole season. Abysmal. The next lowest is Carlton on 48 and then Essendon on 53.
I used to think Bucks was ok but I was wrong and today proves it.
The obvious thing he needs to do is bring in Dunn down back and throw Reid forward. Why recruit Dunn if you wont play him? His VFL form has been excellent. Why stick with a forward line that cannot score?
But nope. Too stubborn and vain to do that. Absolute moron.

Last edited:
Talk about a Debbie downer
More like a fact checker.

Debbie_Downer.PNG

I am not sure why Anzac Day medal is given only for today's game and not all the games during Anzac day week?

There are other players from other teams wants to experience the same kind of spirit.

Why only one player from 2 s**t teams is eligible?

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I am not sure why Anzac Day medal is given only for today's game and not all the games during Anzac day week?

There are other players from other teams wants to experience the same kind of spirit.

Why one player from 2 s**t teams is eligible?

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I cant get into the ANZAC day game since the Essendrug cheating.
I enjoy the pre game ANZAC tribute but then I'll just go do something with the kids and reflect on how lucky i am.
Doubt I'll watch any of the game.

I cant get into the ANZAC day game since the Essendrug cheating.
I enjoy the pre game ANZAC tribute but then I'll just go do something with the kids and reflect on how lucky i am.
Doubt I'll watch any of the game.

#LestWeInject

Ahhh Anzac day when the AFL play a team famous for cheating against a team known for their feral fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back