AFLW General AFLW Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Was shopping down at high point yesterday with my daughter.
I saw Mon Conti and said “Go Tiges” she stopped and had a chat.
Was good of her, she’s hungry for more and to go further next season.
She spoke a little about KB and how she hopes she gets right, she’s not going to be around forever I asked about a Wakefield replacement and she didn’t really say anything about it, I mentioned Charlie Rowbottom might be looking to come back to Vic she said she’d be awesome.
View attachment 1576052
…my daughters got alotve her mother in her

Nice share Cdog71

See Nicole Livingstone has signed off on AFLW expansion clubs being able to poach players from existing clubs without the need for a trade!

We stand to lose 2 players with 3 or more years' experience for FA!

What an absolute joke of a competition. We were never handed this sort of free kick.

No need to guess which club she barracks for!

It’s ridiculous, sure you get a compensation pick but with the season start changes the ‘draft’ you get picks in is the one without any good junior players in it

The non expansion teams should be pitching a fit

It’s ridiculous, sure you get a compensation pick but with the season start changes the ‘draft’ you get picks in is the one without any good junior players in it

The non expansion teams should be pitching a fit

The way I read it, the compo picks you get are for the 2024 season, so the next proper draft.

I wouldn't panick yet, it could help us as it should weaken the teams that are better than us.

The way I read it, the compo picks you get are for the 2024 season, so the next proper draft.

I wouldn't panick yet, it could help us as it should weaken the teams that are better than us.
Hmm yeah it could be read that way. I’m just nervous that Sydney have seen the error in their ways and go very hard for Sheerin

Fortunatley she is protected as she is not a 3rd year + player. McKenzie to Hawthorn is a big chance. * u Livingston

yeah you're right on Sheerin, no chance to leave based on the criteria reported

McKenzie to Hawthorn is a big chance?
NO CHANCE, seriously you've thrown this up for the last 2 trade periods
she's on some seriously big money at the Tigers, in the top 5, maybe top 3
she's really tight with all the girls based on her socials (Molan in particular)

given the PSP rule states we can only lose 2 players
i'd be more worried about Sydney poaching Maddie Shevlin and/or Bec Miller

the PSP rumors are
Hawthorn > Mikala Cann (Pies)

Sydney > Chloe Molloy (Pies) sounds definite based on AFLW article today
Charlie Rowbottom (GCS) was heavily courted but declined

Essendon > Georgie Prespakis (Cats) yes again, with sister Maddie heavily involved

Port Adelaide > all the Adelaide players

other trade rumors
North Melbourne > Kate Shierlaw (Saints)

StKilda > Jesse Wardlaw (Lions), Jaimee Lambert and Steph Chiocci (Pies)

i'm very confident we wont lose any players that dont want to leave
that's all because of the great culture we have at the club

Hmm yeah it could be read that way. I’m just nervous that Sydney have seen the error in their ways and go very hard for Sheerin

yeah all the smoke seems to be coming from the top 3-4 clubs losing players via the PSP (Demons, Lions, Crows and Kangas)
they, more than others can afford it

Sydney > Sheerin, no not possible, but i have worries they'll be asking the question to Miller and Sheerin, maybe Kiely as well (NSW girls, with family still there)
we can only lose 2 players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unfortunately for both our sakes she won't be this year :mad:
i reckon we'll keep the list as is at the moment.

you can post all you want about Ellie McKenzie leaving, she won't.
she's a RFC player thru and thru and isn't going anywhere.
will be our future captain

Hope she stays but no chance she is captain in front of Mon.

Roos have delisted Abbatangelo.
She killed us

Without a doubt, I'd be looking at add her to the list if she wants to continue playing. We do have a lack of small forwards. Williams came over for that role, but hasn't worked out just yet. We have Yassir playing that role, but I think she will start transitioning into the midfield a bit more this season so there is certainly a spot open for her.

Brancatisano is a bit of depth loss, but if we were told last year when the expansion clubs came in that we would lose Branc and Sarah Dargon whilst also strengthening our own list, I'd think we'd snap their hands off.

HAWTHORN has completed a cross-code coup ahead of its second season in the AFLW, with Melbourne Victory star and capped Matildas goalkeeper Casey Dumont accepting an offer to switch to footy.

This is a perfect example of how the AFLW is run poorly. Bragging that you've poached a player from another code only ends in failure same as Israel Folau and Carmichael Hunt. She's basically been offered more money to play footy than soccer so the AFLW can thumb their noses and beat their chest about being a superior pathway to women's professional sport. The thing is she's a Goalie so would never have been required to sprint in a game before and maybe had to jog 10m a few times a game. At least the rugby boys had to run in their previous sport. Sabrina Frederick was at Punt Rd and I've never seen a lazier player in any form of footy EVER. U9's would be dragged if they stopped and stood still while the balls contested 5m away cos they're gasping after jogging 10m. Might as well poach shotputters and darts players next.

HAWTHORN has completed a cross-code coup ahead of its second season in the AFLW, with Melbourne Victory star and capped Matildas goalkeeper Casey Dumont accepting an offer to switch to footy.

This is a perfect example of how the AFLW is run poorly. Bragging that you've poached a player from another code only ends in failure same as Israel Folau and Carmichael Hunt. She's basically been offered more money to play footy than soccer so the AFLW can thumb their noses and beat their chest about being a superior pathway to women's professional sport. The thing is she's a Goalie so would never have been required to sprint in a game before and maybe had to jog 10m a few times a game. At least the rugby boys had to run in their previous sport. Sabrina Frederick was at Punt Rd and I've never seen a lazier player in any form of footy EVER. U9's would be dragged if they stopped and stood still while the balls contested 5m away cos they're gasping after jogging 10m. Might as well poach shotputters and darts players next.
She hasn't left soccer. Nor is she getting crazy marketing money. So it's not like Folau or Hunt, nor is it about thumbing noses.

Second, the reverse happened earlier this year when Collingwood player Sarah Rowe signed for Melbourne Victory. (There are plenty of other previous examples, too.)

Third, Brianna Davey was a goalkeeper for MV and the Matildas, before going on to be an AFLW league B&F winner.

So what you wrote is total nonsense.

She hasn't left soccer. Nor is she getting crazy marketing money. So it's not like Folau or Hunt, nor is it about thumbing noses.

Second, the reverse happened earlier this year when Collingwood player Sarah Rowe signed for Melbourne Victory. (There are plenty of other previous examples, too.)

Third, Brianna Davey was a goalkeeper for MV and the Matildas, before going on to be an AFLW league B&F winner.

So what you wrote is total nonsense.

Of course, she's not getting crazy marketing money, they don't generate any, they can only syphon so much from the men's game. Either way your opinions as irrelevant to me as mine is to you. Maybe look up the definition of TOTAL, as you clearly ignored what I wrote about Sabrina, lest you most likely agree with me. But hey it's fine to criticize Relton Roberts, Dean Rioli, Lance Whitnell, Dane Swan, Elliot Yeoh, Anthony Mcdonald Tipungwuti or any other male player for daring to be a couple of kegs overweight at start of season, whilst calling someone like Sabrina or Sarah Perkins "Cult FIGURES" when they couldn't run out of sight in a week. Anyway I don't give a sh!t about the comp it's lower quality than u14 boys b grade, not worth my time to watch again. Then again neither does 99% of the population, both genders included. BLOCKED!

Of course, she's not getting crazy marketing money, they don't generate any, they can only syphon so much from the men's game.
Plenty of AFLW players get good marketing money, but it's proven top players like Brennan and Conti.

And that money doesn't come from men's football, it comes from businesses that want to be associated with top AFLW players.

Either way your opinions as irrelevant to me as mine is to you. Maybe look up the definition of TOTAL, as you clearly ignored what I wrote about Sabrina, lest you most likely agree with me. But hey it's fine to criticize Relton Roberts, Dean Rioli, Lance Whitnell, Dane Swan, Elliot Yeoh, Anthony Mcdonald Tipungwuti or any other male player for daring to be a couple of kegs overweight at start of season, whilst calling someone like Sabrina or Sarah Perkins "Cult FIGURES" when they couldn't run out of sight in a week. Anyway I don't give a sh!t about the comp it's lower quality than u14 boys b grade, not worth my time to watch again. Then again neither does 99% of the population, both genders included.
I haven't expressed any opinion, just stated facts.

Plenty of AFLW players get good marketing money, but it's proven top players like Brennan and Conti.

And that money doesn't come from men's football, it comes from businesses that want to be associated with top AFLW players.

I haven't expressed any opinion, just stated facts.

Since we're in the fact stating business.... to go along with yours here are some for you:
  • a large part of the Non-Alphabet army are completely put off by the Rainbow flag and all its connotations rammed down their throats in the W.
  • maybe if the AFLW players acted like "PROFESSIONALS" and stopped hooking up with their teammates, they wouldn't have to keep changing teams to avoid dealing with their ex's at work everyday. Thus, creating some continuity in the playing lists, so little girls favorite players aren't gone every other year.
  • the AFL overinflate the ratings and crowd attendance to not look bad.
  • lastly, the aforementioned players couldn't run out of sight in a week. Unless Macca's was giving out free hamburgers.... but only then.

I haven't expressed any opinion, just stated facts. ;););););)

They don’t do alotta running in volleyball and Gabby Seymour goes alright

Of course, she's not getting crazy marketing money, they don't generate any, they can only syphon so much from the men's game. Either way your opinions as irrelevant to me as mine is to you. Maybe look up the definition of TOTAL, as you clearly ignored what I wrote about Sabrina, lest you most likely agree with me. But hey it's fine to criticize Relton Roberts, Dean Rioli, Lance Whitnell, Dane Swan, Elliot Yeoh, Anthony Mcdonald Tipungwuti or any other male player for daring to be a couple of kegs overweight at start of season, whilst calling someone like Sabrina or Sarah Perkins "Cult FIGURES" when they couldn't run out of sight in a week. Anyway I don't give a sh!t about the comp it's lower quality than u14 boys b grade, not worth my time to watch again. Then again neither does 99% of the population, both genders included. BLOCKED!
Girls/womens footy builds clubs at grassroots level that feeds the AFL.

AFLW has made footy a more popular sport with communities, making more consumers and people playing the game at suburban level.
There’s no two ways about it.

The AFL owes a lot to it

Girls/womens footy builds clubs at grassroots level that feeds the AFL.

AFLW has made footy a more popular sport with communities, making more consumers and people playing the game at suburban level.
There’s no two ways about it.

The AFL owes a lot to it
More schools in the school system too because of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back