AFLW General AFLW Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, that's a fair call, but we also don't know how determined someone can become either. She's rehabbed with Charley and Harriet, they've become quite the threesome.

well a season long injury poison chalice has continued for Han Burchell, has been delisted
gave all she had, but too many players have overtaken her

Whitford, McLaren, Ross, now Burchell all missed a season and were delisted

D'Arcy, Molan, Jacques in some danger, as at least 1 more has to be cut with Cordner and Ryan coming back on the main list to bring us to 30 players
probably Peck might go, as she's a injury replacement player, but with Wakefield retired and Peck being a 183cm forward, maybe we keep her

Richmond AFLW player charged over alleged drunk jet-ski ride​

Richmond AFLW player Jess Hosking has been charged for allegedly driving a jet-ski while under the influence of alcohol on a trip to Burleigh Heads, Queensland.

Richmond said they were aware of the incident, which occurred over the weekend, and have informed the AFL.
“Hosking has been charged for driving a jet-ski while under the influence of alcohol,” the club said in a statement.

“The AFL has been informed of the incident and as this matter is currently under investigation by Queensland Police we are unable to make any further comment.”

Hosking is in Queensland with fellow Tigers players, including sister Sarah, Grace Egan and Eilish Sheerin.

Richmond AFLW player Jess Hosking has been charged for allegedly driving a jet-ski while under the influence of alcohol on a trip to Burleigh Heads, Queensland.

Richmond said they were aware of the incident, which occurred over the weekend, and have informed the AFL.
“Hosking has been charged for driving a jet-ski while under the influence of alcohol,” the club said in a statement.

“The AFL has been informed of the incident and as this matter is currently under investigation by Queensland Police we are unable to make any further comment.”

Hosking is in Queensland with fellow Tigers players, including sister Sarah, Grace Egan and Eilish Sheerin.

Hmmmm not that bright in the circumstances. Whoever hired her the jet-ski should be charged also. They have a duty of care of ensure the people they hire to are fit to manage the craft safely.

Is she an employee of the club also? I know her sister is

The girls don’t get paid enough to cop this level of attention by the media. Can’t imagine how many people get done for mid range readings while on jet skis in Queensland

Hmmmm not that bright in the circumstances. Whoever hired her the jet-ski should be charged also. They have a duty of care of ensure the people they hire to are fit to manage the craft safely.

Is she an employee of the club also? I know her sister is
I don’t think so, her sister is in marketing , get the feeling Jess is a bit of a boof head

Wouldn’t have made the news if it wasn’t a Richmond player. Would have just copped her whack from the cops
If it was Kodi Jacques, the headline would have been: Tayla Harris' partner arrested for hit-and-run murder of a fish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hosking was recently in the headlines when she apologised for an offensive message written on her shoulder tape during Richmond’s semi-final against North Melbourne.

The AFL issued a “please explain” to Hosking for the message on her strapping, but didn’t hand out any punishment for the incident after her apology.

The AFL said “Hosking was extremely remorseful and deeply disappointed in her actions. The AFL has since accepted a letter of apology from Jess and has issued an official warning to the club and Jess regarding the offensive language.”

Does anyone know what that was about?

Hosking was recently in the headlines when she apologised for an offensive message written on her shoulder tape during Richmond’s semi-final against North Melbourne.

The AFL issued a “please explain” to Hosking for the message on her strapping, but didn’t hand out any punishment for the incident after her apology.

The AFL said “Hosking was extremely remorseful and deeply disappointed in her actions. The AFL has since accepted a letter of apology from Jess and has issued an official warning to the club and Jess regarding the offensive language.”

Does anyone know what that was about?
She had “Kill Bitches” written on her shoulder strapping.
Thing is, where it was on her shoulder it wouldn’t have been possible that she wrote it on herself

Darcy looked terrible early season before dropped , looked that slow she made Molan look quick,, unless a very good reason she gone
I reckon all the left footers in the league got about half a step headstart playing cause hardly any of the players have had them in the team to practice against and that little advantage Darcy had is gone now, she’s a strong body but not especially tall.
Looks to me like FF’s only get it on the lead or if they can hold position for chest mark.
Darcy probably isn’t very good at either of those.

Just on left side players…I reckon that’s why Georgie Prespakis gets a little space, kicks with her right but wants to move to handball with her left.
Pretty unusual and stooges the oppo.
She’s not in the same class as Conti or Gardner.

*probably Harris is the only FF who’s got the option for pack marks and shots on goal, consistently

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/a...e/news-story/011b5178b7eca2b58064bc8fc43ef913

Richmond AFLW star avoids conviction over boozy jetski ride​

A Fine of $800 with "no conviction to be recorded" based on Jess's good character, charitable work and having been subjected to adverse media publicity. Magistrate agreed, along with Jess being remorseful and her guilty plea so she reduced the penalty.

Now over to you journo's at the AFL, The Age, Fox and others to report on this outcome!

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/a...e/news-story/011b5178b7eca2b58064bc8fc43ef913

Richmond AFLW star avoids conviction over boozy jetski ride​

A Fine of $800 with "no conviction to be recorded" based on Jess's good character, charitable work and having been subjected to adverse media publicity. Magistrate agreed, along with Jess being remorseful and her guilty plea so she reduced the penalty.

Now over to you journo's at the AFL, The Age, Fox and others to report on this outcome!
I'm sorry but that's ******* bullshit, i guarantee you i wouldn't be getting away with an $800 fine with no conviction for being close to 3 times the legal limit.

She should've had all her licences cancelled and copped the highest possible fine for that level of BAC, she could've killed someone.

I'm sorry but that's ******* bullshit, i guarantee you i wouldn't be getting away with an $800 fine with no conviction for being close to 3 times the legal limit.

She should've had all her licences cancelled and copped the highest possible fine for that level of BAC, she could've killed someone.
I agree TT. A call of non conviction is a slap on the wrist for what is a serious offence and I hope the club aren't paying the fine. It really shouldn't be an option to magistrates as is open to bias and is an option overused in my opinion.

What my point is the character assassination from the media and the regurgitation of past articles discrediting our players, e.g Dusty sending message to John Setka's son, then the media trying to smear Dusty's name with past articles including the chopstick incident referenced. Same with Jess who took a rap for message written on her shoulder. Something she couldn't have written on her own. Its Bullshit media again publishing articles besmirching our players of good character.

AFLW leading goal kicker this season, Jesse Wardlaw apparently on the move from Brisbane and open to offers. Would be a great replacement for Wakefield maybe?

Is she sick of winning and kicking goals or something?

Was shopping down at high point yesterday with my daughter.
I saw Mon Conti and said “Go Tiges” she stopped and had a chat.
Was good of her, she’s hungry for more and to go further next season.
She spoke a little about KB and how she hopes she gets right, she’s not going to be around forever I asked about a Wakefield replacement and she didn’t really say anything about it, I mentioned Charlie Rowbottom might be looking to come back to Vic she said she’d be awesome.
1F1C733D-5DCF-42FE-A689-E6224660D9B2.jpeg
…my daughters got alotve her mother in her

Remove this Banner Ad

Back