Women's Footy general AFLW talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Slow work day?
238838.gif

There are heaps of things I dislike... onions, car culture, sewing, soccer. If I was to however go to forums dedicated to enthusiasts of those things to express my dislike of them and try and have a "honest debate" about why they are no good, I should probably at best expect a "cool story bro" response from the natives.
what you got against sewing bro? next you'll be disparaging us hobby chicken farmers.

Wow, how good would that be. There's Fitzroys Ammo's team playing there atm.
The ground ,unfortunately, is not well maintained in terms of its surface.Playing a curtain raiser would be good value. At Etihad or the G.Playing a Melbourne club would seem to demand a comfortable capacity of at least 6 or 7 thousand,as a separate fixture.

Victoria Park is a good option. surface is in mint condition at the moment. Collingwood play VFL games there (although less last season as they use the Holden Centre more now), there are still about 5000 seats in various grandstands and a hill and outer terrace as well.

Not sure if this has been commented on before, but every Crows player had a large, noticeable band aid up on the neck behind their left ear tonight. Anyone know what the go is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this has been commented on before, but every Crows player had a large, noticeable band aid up on the neck behind their left ear tonight. Anyone know what the go is?
Sensor picks up on rapid head movement consistent with likely concussion type hits I think - definitely concussion related but slightly less certain how it functions. Melbourne players wore them against us last week

Good win by the crows.
Yeah,saw the game Doggies were everywhere in the first quarter, but messed up inside 50 ,then seemed to lose intensity .The Crows played more aggressively from then and had a good spearhead to play through .Both Melbourne and the Dogs will stuggle to make the final,contrary to the rubbish written here pre season.

Didn't watch the game, just wasn't interested. Not because it was the girls, I wouldn't have watched a game between the mens team of those two clubs either.....will be the same with my viewing of games, if we like the team/s involved, will watch.

What were the crowds like?

Is it still free for fans, or are they paying from this round onwards?

Didn't watch the game, just wasn't interested. Not because it was the girls, I wouldn't have watched a game between the mens team of those two clubs either.....will be the same with my viewing of games, if we like the team/s involved, will watch.

Free for the whole year except double headers with the Men's pre-season.

Watched the "kingsman" too many times.

About 8,000 at the Western Oval,though it looked more....very good atmosphere, lots of kids heaps of young girls,and girls teams from Altona and Yarraville Seddon formed the guard of honour. Great community event.

Massive hit on a dees player. Lined hrr up and took her out with an elbow to the head. Taking a lot of time to get her off the field. They are treating it like a neck injury. No cart. Have to carry her off on the neck stretcher.
Edit - she was knocked out but has regained consciousness.
Great second half. Happy to watch that level for the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back