Women's Footy general AFLW talk

Remove this Banner Ad

They could yeah. We're two games up with one to play. Can't see how anything short of an Essendon performance and medicine team could prevent us from hosting it.

That announcement predated this last weekend's games. :)

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Melbourne lose today it'll just about confirm Adelaide as our grand final opponent (unless the Crows lose by something like 10 goals).

But if Melbourne win, Adelaide will essentially be playing for a spot in the grand final tomorrow against Collingwood at Olympic Park - certainly not the easiest match. Although Melbourne must be kicking themselves for that GWS loss though, could really hurt come tomorrow.

WA Lion

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Definitely looking like Demons will force Crows to need a win tomorrow. If they do get through the Demons will be brimming with confidence

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Those 2 goals Melbourne conceded to Adelaide in the last minute last week are going to be really costly it seems.

WA Lion

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Those 2 goals Melbourne conceded to Adelaide in the last minute last week are going to be really costly it seems.
on the assumption that Crows win tomorrow, not a sure thing given Pies have won 3 in a row

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commentators saying of Melbourne make the GF it should be played Melbourne. Idiots.
Yeah heard that. Clearly the whole Melbourne must be centre of the footy universe isn't just a men's game thing. This women's game is legit, comes with all the prejudices the men's game has

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Commentators saying of Melbourne make the GF it should be played Melbourne. Idiots.

Which one said that? They deserve a torrent of criticism for that. * that's infuriating.

BL_dobsmob

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
49ers since 1982
Melbourne have just bumped their percentage to 141. Adelaide are currently at 159.

Now we wait!

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Percentage irrelevant as Melbourne slowed in that last quarter. Even if Adelaide won 56-55 they'd still have enough percentage to hold 2nd spot.

DemonLord

Senior List
Mar 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pardon the intrusion to your board.

As much as I would love to see Melbourne play in a GF if the girls get in, it would be a travesty if they moved it from being a home GF for you guys. Your gals finished on top so the GF should be yours as well.

On a side note if the Dees did make I think they would prefer to play you in Qld - less chance of rain than Melbourne and rain seems to our biggest Achilles heel. I think we are just about the best ball movement team in the dry the season.

DL.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

As much as I would love to see Melbourne play in a GF if the girls get in, it would be a travesty if they moved it from being a home GF for you guys. Your gals finished on top so the GF should be yours as well.

On a side note if the Dees did make I think they would prefer to play you in Qld - less chance of rain than Melbourne and rain seems to our biggest Achilles heel. I think we are just about the best ball movement team in the dry the season.

DL.
You haven't looked at our weather forecast have you?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 8.10.49 am.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 8.10.49 am.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 4

DL.
Yep, as briztoon alludes to, March/April is rainy season up here. Queesnlanders pass around sentimental stories about childhood wet Easter holidays like some debased currency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back