Remove this Banner Ad

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey guys,

I've added this thread as a sort of catch all for general chat, announcements etc...

fumbler Silly Billy Zim^zuM Karnezis_13 Jordie_tackles Drew23 Smartys Power Danger in Texas bombers007 WAG Eagleoz83 Reardo
Stormageddon mClarke329 MG MG

I've tagged everyone who's in the league at the moment. That list is right, yeah? :)

Not a requirement obviously, but it'd be great if everyone can check-in in this thread so that we're all across chat etc..

I got in touch with the UF people and asked them to make me league manager for the league (which they've done). So far I've fixed up the numbers of in-season signings... Nancyboys, myself and the Honey Badgers were all locked out of making signings because of our pre-season signings whereas we should've only had 1 or 2 signings recorded. I've set the lock out to the first Saturday game, which gives people time to make changes after the Sunday squads are announced. I don't mind whether we have it set to first game Saturday or a proper rolling lockout that works on each game. I'll go with the consensus on that one.

The other big issue we're looking at is that we've got at least 3 inactive teams. If anyone has mates or knows of other posters that would be keen to join a dynasty league then tag them in here. Every league has teething issues, the previous league I was in now has 14 active coaches (out of 14) but we lost 5 teams in our first season. If you're a manager of one of these inactive teams and want to stay in the league then now is the time to say so. Or, if you know you're a manager of one of the inactive teams and can't continue as manager then let us know as well so we can make your license available to another manager :thumbsu:

If there's any other admin issues that need sorting for the league etc.. then let me know. PM me or post in the thread. I was about to say I'm on BigFooty at least every other day, but thinking about it I probably check in every day :/ Hehe, point is, I'll get back to you quickly.

As i posted in the other thread i'd like to see Owners have a chance, we all go on holidays or hate the world for a few weeks.

My suggestion is if an owner does not change their teams on UF or post on the BFFL threads for 5 consecutive weeks that a vote be held to see if we all think we need another owner.

Rockford i think you may want to check out some of the BFFL Rules and see what we can do to make a smooth transition. New owners can not relocate teams until the end of this season.

checking in, and good work Rockford, really appreciate the effort you have put in, if you need help then let me know i might be able to help.

Also lets keep it as active as possible, maybe get some more banter an chat going to keep it from being just a anonymous league imo

My opinion would be early saturday too, as in not a full rolling lock out just for sunday changes ect

As i posted in the other thread i'd like to see Owners have a chance, we all go on holidays or hate the world for a few weeks.

My suggestion is if an owner does not change their teams on UF or post on the BFFL threads for 5 consecutive weeks that a vote be held to see if we all think we need another owner.

Rockford i think you may want to check out some of the BFFL Rules and see what we can do to make a smooth transition. New owners can not relocate teams until the end of this season.

Is that because of our rules? Because replacing a coach is a function we can use.

Is that because of our rules? Because replacing a coach is a function we can use.

I think at the end of the season we need to have 2 or 3 owners go through my over zealous rules and trim them down a tad and include some that are BFFL worthy.

The 5 consecutive weeks is to be fair to all owners that for some reason or another can not make contact through no fault of their own.

I think at the end of the season we need to have 2 or 3 owners go through my over zealous rules and trim them down a tad and include some that are BFFL worthy.

The 5 consecutive weeks is to be fair to all owners that for some reason or another can not make contact through no fault of their own.

I've got no issue waiting the 5 weeks for this initial season. There's a couple of coaches that have already been inactive for the first 5 rounds. We can revise the ruleset at the end of the season, I think we can expect a little more from coaches that we bring into the league from here on out. If they're going to be on holiday or have a family crisis etc.. that means they'll be away then if they let us know we can take measures to manage their team in the interim (ensure a full team is on the park for match ups etc..) and they can be away for as long as they need to be. It's the going AWOL with no notice that we're trying to avoid, and in those cases I think we need to find replacement coaches. As it is, I've got two teams that I see haven't been active for the last 5 weeks, so if anyone knows anyone who'd be keen to join an active dynasty league and would themselves be active then now is the time to put forward nominations to take over a license ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got no issue waiting the 5 weeks for this initial season. There's a couple of coaches that have already been inactive for the first 5 rounds. We can revise the ruleset at the end of the season, I think we can expect a little more from coaches that we bring into the league from here on out. If they're going to be on holiday or have a family crisis etc.. that means they'll be away then if they let us know we can take measures to manage their team in the interim (ensure a full team is on the park for match ups etc..) and they can be away for as long as they need to be. It's the going AWOL with no notice that we're trying to avoid, and in those cases I think we need to find replacement coaches. As it is, I've got two teams that I see haven't been active for the last 5 weeks, so if anyone knows anyone who'd be keen to join an active dynasty league and would themselves be active then now is the time to put forward nominations to take over a license ;)

I had some bigger and more stringent stipulations for owners this season and i only wanted a maximum of 14 owners but was more or less voted out on those.
I suggest future owners in future seasons must:
Be of good standing in the BF site.
Have some knowledge of Fantasy Sports
Be able to commit to a full season
Adhere to all BFFL rules and BF site rules
and fill out.

BF Boardname:
email pm:
Club location:
Club identity (only if accepted);
Club colours:
Gary Ablett JNR or Joel Selwood?
If you and your club are accepted into the BFFL what can we expect max 50 words?

I'll pm you Rockford about some ideas i have that can make this league take the next step.

Silly Billy please give us some info on what is going on, esp since i am the CEO II?

If we do drop it to 14 clubs, how do we handle the introduction of the new players into the free agency list? They would have to enter the draft. In the event that this happens, what structure does the draft take? Would we have a separate draft for the discarded players with a snake format prior to the draft for new players? Just thinking aloud, would like to get some conversation/thoughts happening on how to handle reducing the league to 14 teams.

Has the setting from last season gone? Where it shows the date a coach was last online? ASK UF to bring it back.

I had some bigger and more stringent stipulations for owners this season and i only wanted a maximum of 14 owners but was more or less voted out on those.
I suggest future owners in future seasons must:
Be of good standing in the BF site.
Have some knowledge of Fantasy Sports
Be able to commit to a full season
Adhere to all BFFL rules and BF site rules
and fill out.

BF Boardname:
email pm:
Club location:
Club identity (only if accepted);
Club colours:
Gary Ablett JNR or Joel Selwood?
If you and your club are accepted into the BFFL what can we expect max 50 words?

I'll pm you Rockford about some ideas i have that can make this league take the next step.

Silly Billy please give us some info on what is going on, esp since i am the CEO II?

I suggested 14 too, bad luck now. Seems a hell of a lot of trouble to reduce it. Compromises the whole initial draft we had. It will be lob sided as to how the good players get distributed. We have to find a system that is fair. I dont understand how it's gotten to this so quick? Why did these coaches even enter? If you cbf thats fine, then dont enter.

If we do drop it to 14 clubs, how do we handle the introduction of the new players into the free agency list? They would have to enter the draft. In the event that this happens, what structure does the draft take? Would we have a separate draft for the discarded players with a snake format prior to the draft for new players? Just thinking aloud, would like to get some conversation/thoughts happening on how to handle reducing the league to 14 teams.

I suggested 14 too, bad luck now. Seems a hell of a lot of trouble to reduce it. Compromises the whole initial draft we had. It will be lob sided as to how the good players get distributed. We have to find a system that is fair. I dont understand how it's gotten to this so quick? Why did these coaches even enter? If you cbf thats fine, then dont enter.

Yeh 14 would have been great, but if we can't work out a good way of sharing the players around fairly we will have to keep it at 16 teams.
Ultimately we can also use as many suggestions as possible.

Ziim you have been a great help to get the league up and i tried to use as many as your suggestions as i could, but at least the league is moving forward.

Potentially we could look at dropping to either 14 or 12 teams at the mid-season break (when the bye rounds are on) and have a mid-season draft of the players that are spill. I'd suggest we increase the number of bench players in this case. If there were 12 or 14 teams left (and looking at the -24 teams that would be spilled at the moment) the remaining teams would all get a share of the spilled players and it could work out that every remaining team comes away without feeling aggrieved that some other team had an unfair advantage from these players (as in there's 12-24 premium's available so everyone gets 1 or 2 depending on how many teams are spilled). My suggestion would be to start with reverse order of the initial draft... and then reverse it for every round after that. Or vice versa. So if you had pick 1 in our initial draft you'd have picks 12 and 13 (assuming a 4 team spill, you'd have 14 and 15 if 2 teams are spilt) in the mid-season draft. If you had pick 16 in the initial draft then you'll have the first pick of the spilled players in the mid-season draft but your second pick won't be until either 24 or 28 depending on how many teams are spilt. I'd have to look into whether or not the functionality is there in UF to allow this but it'd allow us to drop to a smaller number of teams mid-season, absorb those players and carry on with a more active league. Thoughts on looking in to a mid-season draft? While we're at it, thoughts on a mid-season trade period (during the bye rounds)?

I think we would be better off dropping 2-4 teams in the long run aswell Rockford, i just dont know if it can be done mid year or not. Keeping it at 12-14 dedicated teams would be ideal, we are really pushing it for number atm in terms of really only having a team and bench some weeks atm.

you would also have to assess who has had an easy draw ect so far in ters of playing non-functioning teams ect it would be compicated

I wasn't going to use the current ladder for the draft, I was thinking our original draft order in reverse would be more fair? I think ideally we'd only drop two teams (if we drop any) but then it'll be a little unfair on teams who get later draft picks. Essentially, with only dropping two teams we've got maybe 6 premium players who are going to be especially desirable that would be shared between 14 teams. So 6 teams will land premiums and the other 8 will get good players but definitely not of the same calibre. If we drop 4 teams then potentially there's 12 premiums to go around between the 12 remaining teams... but is dropping 4 teams too many? I don't think it's too late to replace AWOL managers at the moment, I see what you're saying that some teams have potentially had an easier draw (by playing more teams that haven't fielded full teams) but it's bound to all even out in the end. An example too, I played the Vic Allstars this round, and mClarke hasn't updated his squad since round 1 and regularly been missing players. This time round both Nahas and Stevenson came in for him as emergencies, and I had Bugg and Docherty as subs plus loss Pittard. So one of my two losses was against one of the "easy draw" teams. I'd have been better off with a manager taking control of that team and a Saturday lockout.

I'd like to see some more owners thoughts before i agree to drop owners mid season without any new ones taking there places.

Agree, I think we'd need a consensus to do it. Potentially the fairest option is simply going to be to maintain the 16 teams. If we don't get everyone agreed on an alternative then that might be our only choice. Won't be the end of the world, I think we've all drafted pretty well, a couple of the non-active managers drafted really well too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back