General Comments

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WEST COAST
My friend wanted me to post a new topic, now during the waterpolo final, so I thought for a wjile and couldn't think of what to put so, just put any views you have on anything, just general comments and see how many posts we get on this.

Richmondfan what was the best thing you've seen then? Great Goal!

Aussie Aussie Aussie OI! OI! OI!

biggrin.gif

Jod23,
On the second day of the olympics, the mens freestyle relay cos we beat USA and won gold!
The team featured Thorpe, Klim, Pearson and Kirby.
WAHOO!!! I also won a bigmac.

[This message has been edited by Richmondfan#1 (edited 23 September 2000).]

Richmond Fan you are thinking of the 4x100 relay, which was on the second day. Pearson and Kirby were in the 4 x 200 realy, later on in the games.
Our 4 x 100 team had Michael Klim, who swam a WR for the first leg, Chris Fydler, Ashley Callus and Ian Thorpe.
And Thorpe started the last leg even with Gary Hall Jnr, then was behind by about a second with 50m to go and came over the top of him to win in a World Record Time by just .19 secs.

What was the yank coach complaining about? That we were the better side on the night and he couldn't hack it? Geeze!

Does anyone think Australia has underachieved in any sport? For me I think it's been the rowing - our awsome foursome didnt quite make it (although not the original members were racing)

why the hell was the american coach complaining to me they americans seem like soar losers, i know it sounds harsh so no offence to anyone. i am just saying it as it is. well done aussies!!!!

The septic coach was complaining that our shot on goal was inside seven metres. You must score an indirect goal like in soccer if you are within 7 metres on a free throw.

It was outside 7 metres anyway ya whingin coach!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our aim for the olympics was to get 20 gold but instead we will get it in silver, not really that bad although i too think we under achieved in rowing but better luck next time. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE CATHY RUN

Don't just look at Gold medals. Look at total medals. We are second only to the USA I think, which is remarkable since we have 20 million people and they have 300 million.

We will probably win about 65 medals at the current rate. Probably about 15 gold, 25 silver and 25 bronze.

But it so easily could be 25 gold, if things had worked out. Often there is nothing between Gold and silver. Just a fraction of a second.

Some idiots said that our swimming team underachieved. They expected us to match the USA and the USA won 14 Gold, and we won 5. But we also won 9 silver, a lot of those silver were when the USA won Gold. If 4 of our silver were Gold, then the USA would have won 10 gold and we would have won 9.

Australis effort of 18 medals in the pool is a great effort. Look at the total medals (not just gold) to see how good we have been. Not just in swimming, but in rowing too.

Dan, do you deny there were at least three races we could've/should've won easily? (200m free, 100fly, and 200flyw) I don't think our team 'underachieved', but there were a few dissapointing results to go with the great ones...

Can't we come up with something a bit more original than "Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi"?

It sounds totally stupid, especially compared to some of the other countries' chants and songs.

Even at the cricket, where the Barmy army have a host of clever and funny phrases, the best we can come up with is "Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi"

It's just crap.

When I started following the Olympics in about 1980, Moscow I think we were happy just to make a final. I know we semi boycotted that one so maybe thats a bad example.

But since then we have been steadily improving. Geez these guys making finals are in the best 8 or so in the world at what they do. The BEST 8 IN TH WORLD. Even Shirvington at 9th is a super human effort.

In all seriousness do they have to win a medal let alone gold for some of you to acknowledge their brilliance? Sure with a bit more luck Susie O'Niell and Ian Thorpe could have won gold. Same goes for Grigorovic and even Dokic. But they are not losers.

We would all love to see every one of our athletes win gold in a nailbiter like the water polo but just because they don't it doesn't make them losers.

Anyone who is in the olympics is a champion to me, i could never make it for any events and anyone who makes the final is even better but We love to see them win gold and in some cases they may finish 8th in the world but honestly should have done better as they are better, it is just the way of life. I loved seeing the nailbiter in the waterpolo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back