(Log in to remove this ad.)

ossie_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Everton
Happening too much, another good samaritan gone to the rescue of a 7 year old girl being sexually assaulted in a toilet was stabbed. Apparently, with a scalpel, he's lucky to be alive.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-16/kogarah-assault-leaves-two-men-and-girl-in-hospital/10503278
Latest article I read drops the surname Sampieri, can’t find any article with his name listed but could be behind a paywall with a couple of google searches. Not the best source, but read on Facebook he is a registered offender currently out on parole

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Moderator #504
Latest article I read drops the surname Sampieri, can’t find any article with his name listed but could be behind a paywall with a couple of google searches. Not the best source, but read on Facebook he is a registered offender currently out on parole
Yeh he was. Urgh ...

Anthony Sampieri, 54, allegedly attacked the young girl in the toilets of the premises before stabbing a 46-year-old man who intervened.

"This offender was on parole and was subject to a number of strict conditions," Mr Elliott said in a statement.

Gingerbread man

All Australian
AFL Club
Carlton
Just wondering if someone can give me some clarification.
A mate of mine was telling me that there has been a new law quietly past through parliament that gives the power to hold serious violent offenders and serious sexual offenders in prison past there release date.
Is it true?
Is it Victoria only?

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
A mate of mine was telling me that there has been a new law quietly past through parliament that gives the power to hold serious violent offenders and serious sexual offenders in prison past there release date.
Is it true?
Is it Victoria only?
South Australia has had it a while

If you choose to serve your full time and not engage in any recommended programs you CAN be deemed unreformed

If you have offended in a similar manner more than once after already serving a prison sentence for a similar offence you can be held

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
How practical would it be to indefinitely monitor via GPS, all parolees previously convicted of a crime of violence or paedophilia/sex crimes etc?
Have they completed their parole or just those on parole?

I think bracelets are a reactionary device used to placate people. Better and cheaper to develop a tracking app for a phone. Person cant change phone company , must report phone numbers and put app on phone. This can be better utilised to track an offender and regular audits carried out.

bananatigz

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is it true?
Is it Victoria only?
It’s been in place for sex offenders for quite some time. The recent change is to include serious violent offenders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm floored that they found Jayme Closs alive today. I thought she was dead for sure. It will be interesting to see who the suspect is who kidnapped her.

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Moderator #524
I'm floored that they found Jayme Closs alive today. I thought she was dead for sure. It will be interesting to see who the suspect is who kidnapped her.
Same! I started a thread on it. 21yo guy apparently had her held in a cabin about 10 miles away.

Not much info yet but it might be he killed her parents to take her.

EDIT: Conflicting info, she was about 70 miles away.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom