Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
An arrest of a 62yo man and extradition from Queensland GreyCrow

The murdered man has been missing for 17 years, his name is John Christianos.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...ristianos-body-found-in-wheelie-bin-melbourne
"A former Melbourne memorabilia dealer has admitted killing an "irrational and violent" graphic artist in 2001 before stashing the body in a wheelie bin.

John Spencer White pleaded guilty to manslaughter on Tuesday in Melbourne Magistrates Court after prosecutors downgraded the charge from murder.
The body of John Christianos, 40, was found in 2018 at a Oakleigh South storage facility as the business was being shut down and the owner was cleaning out the premises, the court was told."

https://www.news.com.au/national/br...h/news-story/e155950da79e0575e36980dad84479b4

kergulen

Premium Platinum
Mar 9, 2011
Mitcham, Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was thinking about tragic Judith Barsi the other day. It shows how much had changed by the 1980s that she was able to keep an "ethnic" surname in media. Had Judith been acting during Hollywood's Golden Era, the studio would have forced her to change her name to Margaret Williams or something else seen as "American".

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
Been following the Chris watts case late to the party

Mostly interesting because of all the video

Then you stumble into a YouTube abyss of crime "experts" jesus some nuts there

but what a shocking case putting your kids in those small holes

Asapartyhat

Hat wearer
Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
Speaking of you tube I accidently found the you tube channel of Nixos Metaxas the first ever seial killer from Cyprus who confessed to murdering five women and two children after being arrested about two weeks ago.His last post on you tube was less than a month ago.Theres a few videos featuring chokers and wresting choke holds that he recently liked,he possibly knew his time was up when he liked them.A bit disturbing seeing as he strangled his victims .But nothing on the channel that isn't unusual for a proffesional type guy into photography and film making.If anything the guy seemed classy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Valentino Rossi, Melbourne Stars

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
shellyg is there a "free" aka Youtube crime documentaries thread in here? Could not see one but would love to see if anyone has come across any good (and decent vidoe quality) docos on Youtube. Found this last night and was really damn good

shellyg

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
shellyg is there a "free" aka Youtube crime documentaries thread in here? Could not see one but would love to see if anyone has come across any good (and decent vidoe quality) docos on Youtube. Found this last night and was really damn good

Might watch that later, thanks craigos

You think a thread would be good and have you checked out Documentary Heaven? There's some good ones in there too with ratings.

https://documentaryheaven.com/category/crime/

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Might watch that later, thanks craigos

You think a thread would be good and have you checked out Documentary Heaven? There's some good ones in there too with ratings.

https://documentaryheaven.com/category/crime/
Propbably just general crime docuementaries, no need for it to be free even.

Oh wow, there's tonnes of docos on that site. I was spending way too much time searching netflix for good documentaries (crime ones are very hit and miss) and being the time poor/lazy person I am, was hoping people would do the leg work for me.

shellyg

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

sprockets

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
A woman's murdered body has been found in Parkville Melbourne by someone walking their dog in the park, in between the Zoo and the Royal Childrens Hospital. I've been wandering around there a bit the last couple of weeks to visit someone in the hospital and having lunch with a friend who works in the medical field. Scary.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...parkville-park-in-horrendous?CMP=share_btn_tw
So you've been seen in the vicinity hey... hmmm. On a serious note, it's time we started just automatically locking murderers away for the rest of their lives. No need for sentencing, if you're found guilty of murder you're just gone forever.

shellyg

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So you've been seen in the vicinity hey... hmmm. On a serious note, it's time we started just automatically locking murderers away for the rest of their lives. No need for sentencing, if you're found guilty of murder you're just gone forever.
Always lurking around somewhere sprockets but a natural defender and anti violence which seems a bit contrary considering how much time I've spent in pro and amateur boxing. We could put more into pegging who might go on to kill someone.

shellyg

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

This is the one of the most powerful crime doccies I've seen craigos , I had no idea this guy even existed. The first woman who told her story of being abducted and survived, the only one to survive and what she had to do really struck me for her honesty. Really brave and so organic. I had a bit of a cry when she came on at the end.

cartwright

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
here
AFL Club
St Kilda

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
This is the one of the most powerful crime doccies I've seen craigos , I had no idea this guy even existed. The first woman who told her story of being abducted and survived, the only one to survive and what she had to do really struck me for her honesty. Really brave and so organic. I had a bit of a cry when she came on at the end.
It was good, wasn't it. I loved the part where she was asked if she'd like to remain anonymous and was like eff no!! Powerful lady.

Conversely, the mother of missing girl seemed like she knew more than she pretended. Not calling the Police for 24 hours, not being aware of any sexual abuse etc etc. The brother seemed like a great guy as well, poor bugger.

sprockets

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
"A woman with 2500 personalities who suffered unspeakable crimes at the hands of her father has testified in Sydney about his "monstrous" acts which have damaged all aspects of her life.

Richard Haynes, 74, pleaded guilty mid-trial in March to dozens of counts of rape, buggery and indecent assault committed against his daughter, Jennifer, in the 1970s and 1980s.
Ms Haynes, who has consented to be identified, was aged between four and 11 at the time.
She has developed dissociative identity disorder - previously known as multiple personality disorder - as a result. She has thousands of different voices and opinions."

https://www.news.com.au/national/br...e/news-story/b8c27432fa216887830e6f7e697c89aa

Incredible that she's survived and still here to give evidence against him.

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 10, 2011
In isolation due to coronavirus
AFL Club
Carlton
Just a couple of crimes that got my attention more than most other in the past few months.

I've had my moments where I've looked stupid in an attempt to be with a particular girl. I can recall situations where I've "misread" the situation.

But I tell you what? Imagine reading the situation where you kill your wife with the intention of shacking up with her sister?

**** man. The depth of emptiness and lack of clarity in your upbringing that that would occur?

Top Bottom