Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

GG.exe

Post-Human
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am disgusted that in both those last two cases, given how much the victim in each suffered, that all the perps were pretty much released from prison so early.

GG.exe

Post-Human
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
There was another case in Collie WA 2 teens killed there 15 yo friend and buried her under a house in 2007. Both girls are due for release soon . It happens a lot more than we can imagine, unfortunately

😞
I cant fathom how the court system ends up paroling people who commit heinous acts like torture and murder. They can be teens, they can be sorry all they want, they can change and find God, but it's a mockery of morality, of judicial systems, of the family of the slain, that they can walk away and still have a long life after....can marry, change their name, get a job, have kids, etc. They stole a persons life, dreams, hopes. They were also a teen just like them. Do they get a second chance to live? Does the family of the slain ever live again? It's disgraceful. And what they did to poor Sylvia Likens is the most horrific thing ever. Imagining the pain and distress she went thru. Martyred in my soul forever. Love let out for the cosmos to catch and send to.

Gpop

Rookie
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
My 16yo nephew was bashed and killed by 4 boys, also 16yo. They were in juvenile detention for 3 years and released before they were 20, due to their age and various discounts! My family has never been and never will be the same, they on the other hand have a whole life ahead of them. It really sucks :mad:

GG.exe

Post-Human
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
My 16yo nephew was bashed and killed by 4 boys, also 16yo. They were in juvenile detention for 3 years and released before they were 20, due to their age and various discounts! My family has never been and never will be the same, they on the other hand have a whole life ahead of them. It really sucks :mad:
It's a disgrace. Teens get too much leeway. Should be tried like adults. Even adults get off too soon. Like the woman who did all that to Likens, she still managed to get out inside 15 or so years.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Just read a feature about this in the Sunday Herald Sun from Boxing Day.

Tell Somebody - Posts | Facebook

What really pisses me off (not just any of the rapists spent a day in jail), but when she attempted the civil route, she ended up losing and having to cough up $100,000 in costs to that skidmark of a human being.

MSB ROYS

Premium Platinum
Apr 23, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just read a feature about this in the Sunday Herald Sun from Boxing Day.

Tell Somebody - Posts | Facebook

What really pisses me off (not just any of the rapists spent a day in jail), but when she attempted the civil route, she ended up losing and having to cough up $100,000 in costs to that skidmark of a human being.
Here is Andrew Rule's podcast with her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

MSB ROYS

Premium Platinum
Apr 23, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

revo333

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Looks like more enabling and then covering up paedophiles in sport - this time Cricket.

Cricket really does have a seedy culture.

When I played as a junior there was always whispers about certain coaches and senior players who you were never to be left alone with.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Looks like more enabling and then covering up paedophiles in sport - this time Cricket.
How did Peter Roebuck write up that tour?

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

FR0GGY

Press the button
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Cricket really does have a seedy culture.

When I played as a junior there was always whispers about certain coaches and senior players who you were never to be left alone with.
Probably the same with anything back then, cricket, footy, school, scouts, church.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad