Remove this Banner Ad

Omg..our whole structure of a society is based on the individuals hardship s and negative impact s ...Lawyers, Doctors, Insurance etc...

Not sure what you mean.
Are you suggesting that criminals are a contributing member of society because they keep the Lawyers, Doctors , Insurance companies in business?

Most doctors would happily suggest that it would be good to do without it.
Lawyers and Insurance..... Who cares?.

This is what we should be doing.
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/why-norways-prison-system-is-so-successful-2014-12

But by the same token, you don't allow people to run around damaging others.
Eliminating the jail won't help. Its the last step to take, the ultimate goal, not the first step.
If you are a criminal you are NOT a first class citizen, or what do you mean by second class?

Someone rapes a 12 year old. They enjoy it.
Do you suggest you should speak nicely to them to stop them doing it again?
Do you not think there should be some sort of deterrent?
But maybe they really really enjoyed it. So is a wishy wasy deterrent going to cut it?

Why is littering in Singapore virtually non-existent. No its not because all of the citizens feel responsible for their environment.
Please don't ever try and understand how a person psychologically develops and ends up carrying out vicious acts on another person... In countries where they have few laws and minimum jail sentence s they have less crime. In the USA state of Texas where the death penalty applies they hold the highest crime rate and fullest prisons..

Not sure what you mean.
Are you suggesting that criminals are a contributing member of society because they keep the Lawyers, Doctors , Insurance companies in business?

Most doctors would happily suggest that it would be good to do without it.
Lawyers and Insurance..... Who cares?.
Not at all..I'm saying our world thrives on making money on the bases of another persons hardship.. Look at cancer treatment for example.. Look at how sick and screwed up we are as a race to make a career and profit on a persons illness... If u think nothing is wrong with that then you are defiantly part of the problem not the solution

Please don't ever try and understand how a person psychologically develops and ends up carrying out vicious acts on another person... In countries where they have few laws and minimum jail sentence s they have less crime. In the USA state of Texas where the death penalty applies they hold the highest crime rate and fullest prisons..
And on a further note criminal, nun,saint ,prostitute ,child , elder = All equally valued and should be respected

Few laws less crime. No s**t Sherlock. Hey we can have no laws and no crime.
I struggling to realise why an idiot would be condescending. Then i think about it and i know.

My point is my rapist above, may well be rehabilitated. If he stops his violent acts after the third or 4th little girl we can all pat our backs and say what a good thing we've done. Oh wait ... the victims.

Police strongly opposed bail and the Bail Justice did not take the circumstances into consideration on the likelihood of the accused offending on bail. The Police aren't to blame here.

Bloody bailors

Do u understand a rapist is a mentally unwell person?? How is our justice system healing and helping this individual? Let me tell you what the screws at port Philip prison say about Jill mahors attacker..They made a statement that Adrian is the "model prisoner" and they wanted to make him a special birthday cake when the day arrived.. Of course he is a wonderful cooperative inmate.. He knows how to play it so he gets early release.. They should be supervised by psychtrists who understand what they are dealing with. The nieave are too easily manipulated..

So your solution is to put him under house arrest? I would hope that his parole is determined by psychiatrists rather than the prison officers who make him a cake, and he has 40 years to go, so lets see if he can keep up the "play" for 40 years.

I'm actually interested in what the Norwegian model i linked above, would do if they declared someone rehabilitated after 20 years then he/she promptly re-offended. Nevertheless their statistics suggest they are doing something right.

It makes more sense than saying "we'll make your punishment even worse than 2 life sentences, we'll make it 3 life sentences" Martin Bryant gets parole in 1035 years. But he may well be a better case for rehabilitation than Jill Meaghers killer.

So your solution is to put him under house arrest? I would hope that his parole is determined by psychiatrists rather than the prison officers who make him a cake, and he has 40 years to go, so lets see if he can keep up the "play" for 40 years.

I'm actually interested in what the Norwegian model i linked above, would do if they declared someone rehabilitated after 20 years then he/she promptly re-offended. Nevertheless their statistics suggest they are doing something right.

It makes more sense than saying "we'll make your punishment even worse than 2 life sentences, we'll make it 3 life sentences" Martin Bryant gets parole in 1035 years. But he may well be a better case for rehabilitation than Jill Meaghers killer.
Martin Bryant was framed.. . And in order for a safer and healthier community, our education system needs a massive overhaul. . Health professionals understand the changes we need to make yet we ignore the severity of this problem.

Martin Bryant was framed.. . And in order for a safer and healthier community, our education system needs a massive overhaul. . Health professionals understand the changes we need to make yet we ignore the severity of this problem.
Everybody has the ability to be rehabilitatied..just the skills and Patience are lacking in those who work these fields

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be worth trying the Victims of Crime Helpline - 1800 819 817.

They're open on weekends, and can help with referrals for support.
Jails are there to keep the convicted serious offenders, murderers and rapists off of the streets, whether you agree or not society deems them an unacceptable risk otherwise

But war is acceptable!?? Its OK to kill others in the stance of a nation because we are "TOLD " they are Wrong and we are RIGHT...
WE are manipulated to think these values and morals are our own and not something we are TOLD how we should feel...Life is RISK...everyday we may encounter a life threatening situation but REACTING DUE TO FEAR of monster around every corner to destroy our lives is insanity and an unhealthy mind set

But war is acceptable!?? Its OK to kill others in the stance of a nation because we are "TOLD " they are Wrong and we are RIGHT...
WE are manipulated to think these values and morals are our own and not something we are TOLD how we should feel...Life is RISK...everyday we may encounter a life threatening situation but REACTING DUE TO FEAR of monsters lurking around every corner to destroy our lives is insanity and an unhealthy mind set

WE are manipulated to think these values and morals are our own and not something we are TOLD how we should feel...Life is RISK...everyday we may encounter a life threatening situation but REACTING DUE TO FEAR of monster around every corner to destroy our lives is insanity and an unhealthy mind set

You are a silly person.

I think you need to look at other variables such as the unemployment rate, social security benefits.
Availability of guns and drugs.
In the USA it costs more to execute and the taxpayer funds the legal bill.

Whats happens if you use Singapore as your Texas?
10 lashes for chewing gum?

What's going on with all these people who are claiming Martin Bryant was framed? I had a two hour long debate with a friend who's one of the most rational people I know, she made me read realms of documents trying to build a case for a set up. It's so bizarre. Seriously, it's even weirder than all of my theories about the Claremont Serial Killer.

I think you need to look at other variables such as the unemployment rate, social security benefits.
Availability of guns and drugs.
In the USA it costs more to execute and the taxpayer funds the legal bill.

Whats happens if you use Singapore as your Texas?
10 lashes for chewing gum?

You ARE allowed to chew it . :D
But yeah, its neat and tidy there.

Interestingly for all those defending the inaction of the government. Why are the government NOW reacting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back