Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
A man has been sentenced to prison for "spitting." Meanwhile we have police too squeamish to shoot dead a terrorist or call in a Counter Terroism Unit at the least until 18 hours after the fact (circa 2014 Lyndt siege) and a Cardinal (one of the most powerful men in the world) in one of the most pressing Royal Commission Investigations who has not been hauled back and been forced to answer some serious allegations and face the full power of a Royal Commission.

Our Legal System is a ******* joke. Sorry what other conclusion can you come to?

Our Legal System is a ******* joke.
You deserve a medal in stating the bleeding obvious.

I received a $300 fine for urinating in public... middle of the night, no-one within sight.

You deserve a medal in stating the bleeding obvious.

I received a $300 fine for urinating in public... middle of the night, no-one within sight.

So how were you caught?

earlsta

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
76ers
I hopped onto a bus (I take a bus about once a year), after dropping my car off at the mechanic.

I scanned my myki card which has $10.70 on it.. then went to take my seat.
About 1min later a ticket inspector who was already on the bus came up to me to check my card. He scanned it and stated that it wasn't touched on even though he saw me touch on. I had enough money on the card as well.

I appealed the fine too even asked for cctv footage of me touching on with the card once entering the bus and it was rejected.

$75 fine I think it was.. I was *ing livid.
Trying to do the right thing yet zero discretion was shown to me.

Yup our law is a joke.

two up

Cancelled
May 13, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
A man has been sentenced to prison for "spitting." Meanwhile we have police too squeamish to shoot dead a terrorist or call in a Counter Terroism Unit at the least until 18 hours after the fact (circa 2014 Lyndt siege) and a Cardinal (one of the most powerful men in the world) in one of the most pressing Royal Commission Investigations who has not been hauled back and been forced to answer some serious allegations and face the full power of a Royal Commission.

Our Legal System is a ******* joke. Sorry what other conclusion can you come to?
To be fair, this was the final straw for this guy as he had some fraud and assault charges already against him. And I don't care if he goes to jail, it was a despicable act.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong

You referring to the one who spat in the copper's face on the Sunshine Coast or the one that spat on the McDonald's worker in Essendon?

Disgusting pigs.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
You referring to the one who spat in the copper's face on the Sunshine Coast or the one that spat on the McDonald's worker in Essendon?

Disgusting pigs.

Maccas in Essenedon. Disgusting filth no doubt. But do you really think locking someone in a cage to be brutalised and corrupted or viciously abused for an act of spitting is the way forward. Granted I'm not sure what the way forward is but a fate worse then death it is not it. The person I feel sorry for is the Maccas worker. If our law makers had some balls and allowed people to tool up and protect themselves (given this is a job the police have demonstrated they are simply not up to) I have a feeling the Maccas spitter would've been scared straight rather than have their whole life destroyed by a custodial sentence.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mackers in Essenedon. Disgusting filth no doubt. But do you really think locking someone in a cage to be brutalised and corrupted or viciously abused for an act of spitting is the way forward. Granted I'm not sure what the way forward is but a fate worse then death it is not it. The person I feel sorry for is the Mackers worker. If our law makers had some balls and allowed people to tool up and protect themselves (given this is a job the police have demonstrated they are simply not up to) I have a feeling the Mackers spitter would've been scared straight rather than have their whole life destroyed by a custodial sentence.

Death penalty.

Or at the very least public floggings.

Feerits Elf

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 28, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hopped onto a bus (I take a bus about once a year), after dropping my car off at the mechanic.

About 1min later a ticket inspector who was already on the bus came up to me to check my card. He scanned it and stated that it wasn't touched on even though he saw me touch on. I had enough money on the card as well.

I appealed the fine too even asked for cctv footage of me touching on with the card once entering the bus and it was rejected.

$75 fine I think it was.. I was ruddy livid.

Yup our law is a joke.
Why not take it to a magistrate?

$75 fine I think it was.. I was ruddy livid.

Yup our law is a joke.
You should have taken them to court, and they would have had to pay any legal bills you had.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who do people think are the most disturbing killers?
For me one of them is the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs.
How some kids can do what they did for enjoyment, video taped it and the brutal things they did were crazy.
I also dont understand how you find three people who all think the same way.
Disturbing for sure.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Robert Thompson and Jon Venables were both my age (10) when they killed 3 yo James Bulger. Can't think of anything more disturbing than children murdering other children.
The X-files aired an episode just two years later 1995 with way too much similarity for my liking. Watched it the other week and almost cried.
you seem very mature for a 10 year old Moonwatcher.

on topic. have never been able to understand how a parent can murder their own young child as has been recently in the news.

Back