Remove this Banner Ad

Here's another one for the cold case review team in WA. Her family didn't even know she was missing until they were contacted about her in relation to another cold case. They started to investigate where she was, and she's gone from safe to missing, announced a few days ago, to a murder charge yesterday!

A MAN is behind bars accused of murder, a family is grieving and police are preparing to dig up a potential grave site in industrial Bayswater after a major breakthrough in the cold case of a woman no one knew had been missing for 16 years.

The bizarre murder mystery moved a step closer to being solved yesterday when cold case homicide squad detectives charged 45-year-old Rockingham man Chris Blennerhassett with murdering young mother Rebecca Anne Delalande, who was last seen alive 17 years ago this month.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...-perth-woman-rebecca-delalande-ng-b881011109z

Here's another one for the cold case review team in WA. Her family didn't even know she was missing until they were contacted about her in relation to another cold case. They started to investigate where she was, and she's gone from safe to missing, announced a few days ago, to a murder charge yesterday!

That's sad. Her family just assumed she'd taken off and left her six year old son and they didn't even put in a missing persons report? So hard.

That's sad. Her family just assumed she'd taken off and left her six year old son and they didn't even put in a missing persons report? So hard.
The article says the boy had been adopted out as a young boy before she vanished. A public missing person plea had only just been out a few days ago but it was only by luck that police realised Ms Delalande was missing after contacting her mother late last year wanting to speak to her as a witness in a separate investigation and were unable to track her movements since November 2001.

Ms Delalande and her family had a fractured relationship, with her relatives assuming the young woman, who was known to disappear for long stretches, had moved, possibly interstate, to start a new life.

I'm wondering who they were investigating when they contacted her parents? Someone else who disappeared around 2001?

Last edited:

The article says the boy had been adopted out as a young boy before she vanished. A public missing person plea had only just been out a few days ago but it was only by luck that police realised Ms Delalande was missing after contacting her mother late last year wanting to speak to her as a witness in a separate investigation and were unable to track her movements since November 2001.

Ms Delalande and her family had a fractured relationship, with her relatives assuming the young woman, who was known to disappear for long stretches, had moved, possibly interstate, to start a new life.

I'm wondering who they were investigating when they contacted her parents? Someone else who disappeared around 1991?

I must have read a different article, iirc the earlier one said the boy had been raised by the family.

Interested to see how this unfolds .... 1991?

I must have read a different article, iirc the earlier one said the boy had been raised by the family.

Interested to see how this unfolds .... 1991?
Could have been adopted by family? Sorry meant 2001. Someone is bound to have a list of missing around 2001.

Lisa Brown - Nov 10 1998 was 19 and a year younger but also know to "frequent" Highgate?

Sarah McMahon - Nov 8 2000?

Could have been adopted by family? Sorry meant 2001. Someone is bound to have a list of missing around 2001.

Lisa Brown - Nov 10 1998 was 19 and a year younger but also know to "frequent" Highgate?

Sarah McMahon - Nov 8 2000?

More media and reward increases reported today:

The tragic case of Sarah McMahon is back in the public spotlight after the state government announced it had approved reward increases of $250,000 in 11 unsolved homicide and suspicious disappearance cases.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...now-what-really-happened-20181017-p50a86.html

Happening too much, another good samaritan gone to the rescue of a 7 year old girl being sexually assaulted in a toilet was stabbed. Apparently, with a scalpel, he's lucky to be alive.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-16/kogarah-assault-leaves-two-men-and-girl-in-hospital/10503278

Latest article I read drops the surname Sampieri, can’t find any article with his name listed but could be behind a paywall with a couple of google searches. Not the best source, but read on Facebook he is a registered offender currently out on parole

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latest article I read drops the surname Sampieri, can’t find any article with his name listed but could be behind a paywall with a couple of google searches. Not the best source, but read on Facebook he is a registered offender currently out on parole

Yeh he was. Urgh ...

Anthony Sampieri, 54, allegedly attacked the young girl in the toilets of the premises before stabbing a 46-year-old man who intervened.

"This offender was on parole and was subject to a number of strict conditions," Mr Elliott said in a statement.

Just wondering if someone can give me some clarification.
A mate of mine was telling me that there has been a new law quietly past through parliament that gives the power to hold serious violent offenders and serious sexual offenders in prison past there release date.
Is it true?
Is it Victoria only?

Just wondering if someone can give me some clarification.
A mate of mine was telling me that there has been a new law quietly past through parliament that gives the power to hold serious violent offenders and serious sexual offenders in prison past there release date.
Is it true?
Is it Victoria only?
South Australia has had it a while

If you choose to serve your full time and not engage in any recommended programs you CAN be deemed unreformed

If you have offended in a similar manner more than once after already serving a prison sentence for a similar offence you can be held

Looks like the police really fell down on the job.

A 54-year-old man has been charged with the alleged rape of a seven-year-old girl and for stabbing a man who had attempted to intervene.

Police say a seven-year-old girl was physically and sexually assaulted by Anthony Sampieri in a toilet inside a dance studio building in Kogarah earlier this month.

It is further alleged he then locked the child in a cubicle and held her at knife point, sexually assaulting her.

Two other men intervened and one was stabbed several times in the stomach and neck.

Mr Sampieri has been charged with several offences including sexual intercourse with a child, aggravated kidnapping and grievous bodily harm.

He was also charged with using a child to make child abuse material and two counts of aggravated act of indecency being filmed.

If convicted on these series of charges, he could be given a life sentence.

The 54-year-old is also being investigated for a lewd phone call he made to a Sydney women three weeks earlier.

NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller admitted police had failed the victim when officers from St George Police Station interviewed Mr Sampieri, but did not lay charges.

During a press conference on Thursday, the Commissioner lash lashed out at Mr Sampieri and called for him to be given a life sentence.

"My number one priority is making sure that Sampieri dies in jail," Mr Fuller said.

"I will make sure that the investigation, that all of the evidence that goes before the court, sees him never back on our streets again."

Mr Sampieri was refused bail and will face court later today.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-26/anthony-sampieri-kogarah-sexual-assault-charges/10553026

An internal police investigation has revealed a woman filed a complaint about an offensive call from 54-year-old Sampieri at St George police station on October 26.

At the time Sampieri was on parole after being jailed for raping a 60-year-old woman at knifepoint in his Illawarra home in 2012.

Had police at St George notified the parole board of the complaint, Sampieri's release could have been investigated and revoked, NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller told reporters in Sydney on Thursday.

But the parole board was not told of the alleged breach.

Sampieri went on to allegedly physically and sexually assault this seven-year-old girl in the toilet block just weeks later.

https://www.qt.com.au/news/friends-of-koragahs-good-samaritan-say-hes-been-le/3583369/

Be interesting when its revealed why the officer didn't report his bail breach a few weeks before

Victorian police searching for three teenagers believed to have been involved in an aggravated home invasion earlier this month have been granted permission by the Children's Court to release their names and pictures.

Detective Acting Inspector Brett Kahan said police had been searching for the three boys since "a particularly concerning" break-in at 5:40am on November 17 in Wyndham Vale in Melbourne's west.

The victims of the incident were elderly and faced demands for their car, using "weapons sourced from the house", he said.

He said he could not go into further particulars of the crime, when asked whether a gun was pointed at the chest of one of the victims, as she got out of bed.

"Without being specific to this home invasion I think any crime committed with the use of a firearm is hugely concerning," he said.

Two people have already been charged with aggravated home invasion and theft of a motor vehicle, while Wayward Taskforce detectives have named the remaining three suspects as Deng Kuol, 17, Bafal Gatluak and Mading Nyolic, both aged 16.

"They are actively avoiding police apprehension, they were part of the search warrants that we executed within days of the home invasion," he said.

"We believe them to be still together at times and that they are associating with others in and around the Collingwood, Sunshine and Melton areas," he said.

Detective Acting Inspector Kahan asked Collingwood residents to be vigilant.

He said seeking permission from the Children's Court to release the youth's names was an unusual step, not taken lightly by police.

Under Victorian law, it is illegal to identify children involved in criminal matters unless permission is granted by the president of the Children's Court or a magistrate, subject to specific requirements including the risk to community safety.

"This isn't a step that we would always take but I think it demonstrates the commitment of the taskforce to bring these three into custody," he said.

"We would encourage them to bring themselves into custody and surrender themselves … they certainly know that they're wanted and they certainly know that we're looking for them."

Police have asked anyone who sees the teenagers not to approach them but to call triple zero or Crime Stoppers.

How practical would it be to indefinitely monitor via GPS, all parolees previously convicted of a crime of violence or paedophilia/sex crimes etc?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back