Remove this Banner Ad

How practical would it be to indefinitely monitor via GPS, all parolees previously convicted of a crime of violence or paedophilia/sex crimes etc?
Have they completed their parole or just those on parole?

I think bracelets are a reactionary device used to placate people. Better and cheaper to develop a tracking app for a phone. Person cant change phone company , must report phone numbers and put app on phone. This can be better utilised to track an offender and regular audits carried out.

Just wondering if someone can give me some clarification.
A mate of mine was telling me that there has been a new law quietly past through parliament that gives the power to hold serious violent offenders and serious sexual offenders in prison past there release date.
Is it true?
Is it Victoria only?
It’s been in place for sex offenders for quite some time. The recent change is to include serious violent offenders

IMG-20181212-111427.jpg

How practical would it be to indefinitely monitor via GPS, all parolees previously convicted of a crime of violence or paedophilia/sex crimes etc?

Cutting off your GPS bracelet comes with some serious consequences

The brother of Australian cricketer Usman Khawaja is back behind bars after breaching his bail by allegedly attempting to contact a witness.

Counter terror and law enforcement authorities arrested Arsalan Tariq Khawaja, 39, for a second time on Thursday after he allegedly framed a co-worker with a terrorist hit-list earlier this year.

The list, which police say was found at the University of NSW, allegedly outlined threats to kill former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull, former foreign minister Julie Bishop and attacks on a number of iconic sites.

Khawaja's colleague Mohamed Kamer Nilar Nizamdeen spent four weeks in jail - including a night in Goulburn's Supermax - after being charged with creating a document in connection with preparing for a terrorist act.

Mr Nizamdeen, 25, was released on bail in late September and charges were dropped.

The UNSW contractor returned home to Sri Lanka after he was cleared and is now considering suing for compensation.

Khawaja was arrested on December 4 and was charged with attempting to pervert justice and making a false document.

He's accused of authoring the list to incriminate his co-worker after a feud over a woman.

Khawaja was later granted bail in Parramatta Local Court on the condition he posted $50,000 surety, report to police three times a week and not go within 100 metres of UNSW's Kensington or Cliffbrook campuses.

But in Parramatta Bail Court on Friday, magistrate John Favretto found Khawaja breached his bail conditions.

"I'm satisfied on the material before me that there has been a breach," Mr Favretto said on Friday.

Court documents show Khawaja contacted the brother of a woman called "Witness A" on the evening of Boxing Day to persuade her to provide false evidence or withhold evidence.

Khawaja did not appear in court and neither did any members of his family when his matter was heard.

His cricket playing brother was preparing to take to the pitch at the MCG against India in the third day of the Boxing Day Test at the time.

The $50,000 surety was not raised in court leaving it unclear if the money was forfeited as a result of the breach.

Khawaja's lawyer, Angelo Bilias, did not apply for his release and it was formally revoked.

Khawaja is expected to remain in custody until his matter is next before the courts on February 12.

This is my thinking of the plea bargain

' Lovestruck romeo sentenced to Good Behaviour Bond ''

How easy is it to set somebody up for charges that carry a life term? He's been charged I think with trying to influence a witness and breached bail, he just doesn't get it.

I'd like to see the conniving Romeo slotted in Super Max for a few weeks, might snap him out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sad part about this is the authorities acted in good faith and arrested and charged the person who was purported to have written the list.
That person is now crying Australian’s are racist and is looking to sue over his false arrest. No mention of his buddy Khawaja who was responsible for the position he was in.
All over a girl they both fancied.

The brother of Australian cricketer Usman Khawaja is back behind bars after breaching his bail by allegedly attempting to contact a witness.

Counter terror and law enforcement authorities arrested Arsalan Tariq Khawaja, 39, for a second time on Thursday after he allegedly framed a co-worker with a terrorist hit-list earlier this year.

The list, which police say was found at the University of NSW, allegedly outlined threats to kill former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull, former foreign minister Julie Bishop and attacks on a number of iconic sites.

Khawaja's colleague Mohamed Kamer Nilar Nizamdeen spent four weeks in jail - including a night in Goulburn's Supermax - after being charged with creating a document in connection with preparing for a terrorist act.

Mr Nizamdeen, 25, was released on bail in late September and charges were dropped.

The UNSW contractor returned home to Sri Lanka after he was cleared and is now considering suing for compensation.

Khawaja was arrested on December 4 and was charged with attempting to pervert justice and making a false document.

He's accused of authoring the list to incriminate his co-worker after a feud over a woman.

Khawaja was later granted bail in Parramatta Local Court on the condition he posted $50,000 surety, report to police three times a week and not go within 100 metres of UNSW's Kensington or Cliffbrook campuses.

But in Parramatta Bail Court on Friday, magistrate John Favretto found Khawaja breached his bail conditions.

"I'm satisfied on the material before me that there has been a breach," Mr Favretto said on Friday.

Court documents show Khawaja contacted the brother of a woman called "Witness A" on the evening of Boxing Day to persuade her to provide false evidence or withhold evidence.

Khawaja did not appear in court and neither did any members of his family when his matter was heard.

His cricket playing brother was preparing to take to the pitch at the MCG against India in the third day of the Boxing Day Test at the time.

The $50,000 surety was not raised in court leaving it unclear if the money was forfeited as a result of the breach.

Khawaja's lawyer, Angelo Bilias, did not apply for his release and it was formally revoked.

Khawaja is expected to remain in custody until his matter is next before the courts on February 12.
Way to go Khawaja's brother, wait till Boxing Day to blow your bail conditions..pretty much guarantee your brother could not have his mind 100% on the job at hand..and now it's bye-bye Border-Gavaskar trophy.

Way to go Khawaja's brother, wait till Boxing Day to blow your bail conditions..pretty much guarantee your brother could not have his mind 100% on the job at hand..and now it's bye-bye Border-Gavaskar trophy.

He has a lot of apologies to make. He seems to be a very selfish, immature individual who is still attempting to manipulate people so he can avoid responsibility and accountability.

A former Ninja Warrior contestant has chased down a group of teens after an alleged car theft and carried out a dramatic citizen's arrest.
Loki Kuroi, a former army recruit who competed on season two of Australian Ninja Warrior, has called for tougher punishment for car thieves following the incident.
Kuroi said she was woken with a bang in the early hours of the morning, and saw her Nissan Skyline had been taken.

After reporting the alleged theft to police, Kuroi turned to social media for help tracking her missing car.
Tip-offs sent her on a pursuit through the suburbs of North Brisbane, and by afternoon she was led to a car park near bushland.
"These people were in my car, and I saw the damage to my car as well, and I just thought, they're not getting away with it,"
"So I got out and did something about it."

It took less than five minutes for police to arrive, releasing a 15-year-old teen from a headlock.
One teen was charged with assaulting a man at the scene, but not with stealing the vehicle.
"Without social media, my car would be a burnt-out vehicle in a bush somewhere," Kuroi said.

citizensarrest.png

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/01...r-vigilante-car-theft-alleged-citizens-arrest

Only a Ninja could have done that for anybody else it might have gone horribly wrong.

Its a contemporary conundrum. Women are getting tattoos - men are driving Hyundias'

Modern vehicles are not easy to hot-wire. Did the teens steal the car out of the house?

I’m pretty involved in the car scene in Brisbane and there’s been numerous car thefts that have seen the person stolen from track their car down through social media. One of the searches actually ended with them finding the house it was being stored in and stripped out and the police were called to the house, they got their car back completely damaged and of course didn’t have insurance so it was a case of finding their car or having 10-15k go walkabouts.

Good on her though, saw the whole thing playing out on Facebook.

Lol if she had snapped his neck would be a different story tho

Its actually really hard to snap someones neck. Ironically i showed a release technique to a mate, a 5th dan Zen. While visiting army reserves, who was invited by another mate. he demonstrated by throw out of a sleeper hold. The Seargent then went and showed a SAS staffer.

The first time I tried getting out of the sleeper hold, I had blood coming out my mouth. The second time I put 5th dan in an air spiral. Lucky he knew how to land on hard beach sand. Arms out on his back. Without the space he probably would have bounced of a ceiling and spiraled through something like a window.

Maybe he went sleepy bys after she hugged him?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back