Remove this Banner Ad

A woman's murdered body has been found in Parkville Melbourne by someone walking their dog in the park, in between the Zoo and the Royal Childrens Hospital. I've been wandering around there a bit the last couple of weeks to visit someone in the hospital and having lunch with a friend who works in the medical field. Scary.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...parkville-park-in-horrendous?CMP=share_btn_tw
So you've been seen in the vicinity hey... hmmm. On a serious note, it's time we started just automatically locking murderers away for the rest of their lives. No need for sentencing, if you're found guilty of murder you're just gone forever.

So you've been seen in the vicinity hey... hmmm. On a serious note, it's time we started just automatically locking murderers away for the rest of their lives. No need for sentencing, if you're found guilty of murder you're just gone forever.

Always lurking around somewhere sprockets but a natural defender and anti violence which seems a bit contrary considering how much time I've spent in pro and amateur boxing. We could put more into pegging who might go on to kill someone.

shellyg is there a "free" aka Youtube crime documentaries thread in here? Could not see one but would love to see if anyone has come across any good (and decent vidoe quality) docos on Youtube. Found this last night and was really damn good

This is the one of the most powerful crime doccies I've seen craigos , I had no idea this guy even existed. The first woman who told her story of being abducted and survived, the only one to survive and what she had to do really struck me for her honesty. Really brave and so organic. I had a bit of a cry when she came on at the end.

This is the one of the most powerful crime doccies I've seen craigos , I had no idea this guy even existed. The first woman who told her story of being abducted and survived, the only one to survive and what she had to do really struck me for her honesty. Really brave and so organic. I had a bit of a cry when she came on at the end.

It was good, wasn't it. I loved the part where she was asked if she'd like to remain anonymous and was like eff no!! Powerful lady.

Conversely, the mother of missing girl seemed like she knew more than she pretended. Not calling the Police for 24 hours, not being aware of any sexual abuse etc etc. The brother seemed like a great guy as well, poor bugger.

He got eight years.

Before Judge Moreno announced his decision, Bennett asked that he be let out of prison sooner so he could continue to raise the couple's daughter, who was an infant when her mother vanished.
"If you may permit me to be with my daughter as soon as possible," Bennett said. "I want to bring her up in a manner that is respectful to my wife's wishes."
But Judge Moreno sided with prosecutors and chose eight years in prison as the sentence and three years on supervised release.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05...-to-8-years-in-jail-for-manslaughter/11158968

"A woman with 2500 personalities who suffered unspeakable crimes at the hands of her father has testified in Sydney about his "monstrous" acts which have damaged all aspects of her life.

Richard Haynes, 74, pleaded guilty mid-trial in March to dozens of counts of rape, buggery and indecent assault committed against his daughter, Jennifer, in the 1970s and 1980s.
Ms Haynes, who has consented to be identified, was aged between four and 11 at the time.
She has developed dissociative identity disorder - previously known as multiple personality disorder - as a result. She has thousands of different voices and opinions."

https://www.news.com.au/national/br...e/news-story/b8c27432fa216887830e6f7e697c89aa

Incredible that she's survived and still here to give evidence against him.

Just a couple of crimes that got my attention more than most other in the past few months.

I've had my moments where I've looked stupid in an attempt to be with a particular girl. I can recall situations where I've "misread" the situation.

But I tell you what? Imagine reading the situation where you kill your wife with the intention of shacking up with her sister?

**** man. The depth of emptiness and lack of clarity in your upbringing that that would occur?

Then there was that other ****. The footage of this **** walking along the street with his **** brother and **** friend. Then decks an innocent random walking in the opposite direction.

This type of assault really gets on my nerves. As gruesome as other crimes are, you can rationalise it with a troubled upbringing or psychological deficiency. But this **** struck the victim with a blatant IDGAF attitude.

Idk what the verdict is. But this **** deserves jail time. It doesn't even have to be for long. Just so that it's on his record, and that a few of the other longer serving inmates get a few goes in ganging up and give him a few thorough beltings. :mad:

Just a couple of crimes that got my attention more than most other in the past few months.

I've had my moments where I've looked stupid in an attempt to be with a particular girl. I can recall situations where I've "misread" the situation.

But I tell you what? Imagine reading the situation where you kill your wife with the intention of shacking up with her sister?

**** man. The depth of emptiness and lack of clarity in your upbringing that that would occur?

I liked that he googled whether it was okay in Islam to marry your wife's sister beforehand. Maybe he should have googled whether it was okay to murder your wife to marry her sister.

"A Texas prosecutor says investigators have linked more than 60 killings in at least 14 states to a 79-year-old California inmate who may be the most prolific serial killer in US history.

Ector County District Attorney Bobby Bland said Samuel Little continues to cooperate with investigators from around the country who are interrogating him in prison about cold case killings dating back to the 1970s.
Little was convicted of killing three Los Angeles-area women and pleaded guilty to killing a Texas woman, and he's serving life sentences in California.
Little, who lived a nomadic lifestyle, claims to have killed 93 women as he crisscrossed the country over the years.
Bland said Little is in failing health and has exhausted his appeals, leading him to be forthcoming with investigators.
"At this point in his life I think he's determined to make sure that his victims are found," he said. ..."

https://www.news.com.au/world/break...r/news-story/58cf68762e917d106ce40d18822e5c7a

Anne Hamilton-Byrne dies aged 98

One of the first Commune/Family type kooks that had people believing she was Jesus Christ and getting people to sign over property and children. While not in the pantheon of serial killers and mass murderers Anne Hamilton-Byrne affected many many lives and some have said she was one of the most evil people that lived

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_(Australian_New_Age_group)

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...lt-the-family-dies-at-97-20190614-p51xs7.html

Hamilton-Byrne was never charged with anything more serious than fraud, which led to $5000 in fines. Police and prosecutors did not pursue potential charges of kidnapping, administering drugs and assault.

Former Victoria Police detective Lex de Man, who investigated the cult and its leader, said he still had regrets that Hamilton-Byrne never faced justice on several allegations due to legal technicalities.

"I shed not one tear today," he said. "Today for me brings to an
end the life of one of Victoria's most evil people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The former home/boarding house of Dorothea Puente

and the tale of its evil landlady
(there are other videos on topic, but for a starter)

imho

Baillee Schneider suicide highlighted in The Age yesterday. Must admit I got a shiver down my spine when they revealed her BF was the BF of tPhoebe Handsjuk when she suicided in such a bizarre fashion a while back.

They did the whole 'there is no suggestion that he had anything to do with it' but then proceeded to draw together all the similarities of the two cases..

Arrest made in 43 year old murder case in Brisbane FYI. On the News, they postulated that DNA evidence was crucial to identify the arrested man.

Wolf Creek actor John Jarratt has denied the allegation of a historical sexual assault in Sydney's east in the 1970s.

Found not guilty today. How do these things even make it to court, 40+ years after the fact, without corroborating evidence to support one person's word?

Testimony of a friend immediately after the fact can be quite compelling in allegations of rape.

At the time the woman continued living with Jarratt and his wife and holidayed with them in Queensland. The friend appeared on the scene some years down the track.

This is why I have dogs. :hearteyes:

Two pet dogs have thwarted a sexual assault on a woman at a cemetery in Melbourne's west, fending off the man who attacked their owner.

The woman was walking her dogs — RuPaul the shih tzu and Louie the terrier cross — in Williamstown cemetery as she did every night when she was approached from behind by a man at about 8:30pm on June 29.

"I'd stopped to do something and wait for my dog to come back from chasing a rabbit and I got pushed from behind into the ground," said the woman, known as Kate, which is not her real name.

"It really just came out of nowhere — I didn't hear anyone behind me or around me."

Kate screamed as the man held her in the mud and tried to pull her pants down.

Two-year-old Louie and one-year-old RuPaul then attacked the man, who ran off towards KC White Reserve on Park Crescent.

dogs.jpg

Bravo doggies, savage beasts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back