Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds really fishy to me!

Laidley was in custody over stalking and drug possession-related charges when police allege photos of her were distributed over a WhatsApp group which were then published over social media.

A detective leading senior constable was charged today with one count of unauthorised access of police information, four counts of unauthorised disclosure of police information and one count of misconduct in public office. He will appear in the Magistrates Court 30 March, 2021.

In a statement, Victoria Police said the investigation was ongoing and around 274 Victoria Police employees had been interviewed.

"Due to the number of Victoria Police employees who received or forwarded the images, as well as those who shared the social media posts, the investigation has taken longer than originally expected," the statement said.

"One of the main challenges investigators have faced is determining who received or forwarded the photos taken at the station, versus those who were sent links once they appeared on social media."

Police said three more officers who were currently suspended were facing charges while 39 officers and seven public servants faced internal disciplinary action.

Laidley was put onto a diversion program on November 11 for possession of methamphetamine and related charges and given an adjourned undertaking with no conviction recorded on one count of stalking on November 18.

Sounds really fishy to me!

Freedom salmon tastes better.

Just when you thought things could not get any fishier this week!

I've heard of flakey chips, but to actually make fake chips out of flake sharks is going one stroke too far.

'many said the scene was 'devastating' while others suggested they may have been netted to use as flake for fish and chips'

“The experience of being the subject of images that then go on to be used to pleasure men everywhere, there’s this dirtiness and this feeling of never being able to fully escape. And it’s a very lonely experience,” she says.

That comment is heart breaking.

No need to feel dirty tho, its not their bloody fault. The police/legislation clearly needs to catch up with online crime.

“I got contacted by some paedophiles who recognised me. And that was when I realised that it wasn’t over and that it was never going to be over,” she says.
“I still have nightmares and flashbacks and there are so many ways that it still impacts my life today … but I’m safe now and the physical sexual abuse is no longer happening.

Srsly.

Do these pedos even give one s**t about anyone but themselves? Do they even understand the effect of their crimes. Like... fk.... i just... idk. Im fuming here.

Last edited:
Just curious- how does one access the dark web?

I dont understand.

/no details, just in general

If you know of a 'dark' website you can access it like any other. When most say dark web though they're talking about using a Tor (encrypted) server where you can browse anonymously. They aren't illegal in themselves and you can just download them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious- how does one access the dark web?

I dont understand.

/no details, just in general

The dark web is a part of the internet that isn't indexed by search engines. You've no doubt heard talk of the “dark web” as a hotbed of criminal activity — and it is. Researchers Daniel Moore and Thomas Rid of King's College in London classified the contents of 2,723 live dark web sites over a five-week period in 2015 and found that 57% host illicit material.

I think in some cases the sites are not http sites, so need a special browser.

The Whiskey Au Go Go in Fortitude Valley went up in flames after two drums of diesel fuel were set alight in the building foyer. Fifteen people died.

Police quickly arrested two men — James Finch and John Stuart — who were subsequently convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

But there is evidence others were also involved in the crime.

The new inquest is expected to examine why police at the time didn't investigate further, and why corrupt NSW detective Roger Rogerson was involved in the original investigation.

Rogerson, who is currently serving a life sentence for a 2014 murder, reportedly told a newspaper he has no "new or secret evidence".

But Queensland crime author Matt Condon, who is writing a book on the Whiskey Au Go Go tragedy, says one possible theory is that police were protecting someone.

"From my understanding and research, police didn't proceed because one of the unnamed individuals associated with the Whiskey Au Go Go firebombing was an informant to a very senior corrupt police officer," he said.

After being deported to the UK in 1988, Finch admitted at least two other men were involved in the crime.

One of the men he named, Vincent O'Dempsey, was convicted last year for the 1974 murders of Barbara McCulkin and her two daughters.

The prosecution argued his motive was to keep Barbara McCulkin quiet about his involvement in the Whiskey Au Go Go fire.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-24/whiskey-au-go-go-firebombing-new-inquest/10290416

There's all sorts of weird connections that rattle around the Whiskey Au Go Go case, and some even rumble through to this day. Any more info known on this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back