Remove this Banner Ad

For a minute there I thought you were going to say facial recognition !!

Where are facial recognition technologies used?
Another area where facial recognition is having a profound influence is in law enforcement agencies with policing, prevention and security. Video surveillance systems all around the world are now being installed with face recognition systems and linked to biometrics data and criminal databases.13 Jan 2022

Pretty sure one of our big public hospitals in Melbourne is using it and it's probably been used in our airports for some time.

For a minute there I thought you were going to say facial recognition !!

Where are facial recognition technologies used?
Another area where facial recognition is having a profound influence is in law enforcement agencies with policing, prevention and security. Video surveillance systems all around the world are now being installed with face recognition systems and linked to biometrics data and criminal databases.13 Jan 2022
Yep, I know this technology also exists. It's different technology to ANPR but I'm not sure where (if at all) it fits in to the platform created by the NZ lads.

Facial recognition should definitely be installed outside northern/northern regional bottle shops, surprised it isn't already. It's already in most Kmarts.

They might need to look more than just Nationwide after broadcasting this.

Particularly on who from today, books their ticket out of Australia, or might be on any private plane or boat heading overseas in a hurry, or suddenly change, or attempt to change their name in any way.

They might need to look more than just Nationwide after broadcasting this.

Particularly on who from today, books their ticket out of Australia, or might be on any private plane or boat heading overseas in a hurry, or suddenly change, or attempt to change their name in any way.

The hunt is probably well progressed (do they ever stop hunting?) and this is a strategic press release with a specific objective/s.

Last edited:
Is this a World Record?

Shouldn't take too long to ID the culprit.

More than 100 number plates have been stolen from parked cars in four hours across the Brighton-Le-Sands area as police appeal for public assistance.

The plate theft took place on March 12, between 1am and 5am.

'Targeted streets included Bay, O’Neill, Princess, Bruce and Gordon Streets, Crawford and Tereba Roads, Brighton and Moate Avenues.'

The face of this bloke has now been redacted. So I've deleted the pic from my quoted above post.

'On Tuesday, officers arrested a 28-year-old man at a Brighton Le Sands residence about 7am following extensive inquiries and the public call for assistance.
The man been charged with larceny and also with destroy or damage property.'

'The arrested man briefly appeared in court on Wednesday and was granted strict conditional bail to reappear in Sutherland Local Court on April 4.
Police added their investigation into the why the number plates were allegedly stolen is ongoing. '

It's important to remember that the NT government has this under control. There's no need for another prison.
How old are those kids in the first video? Around 10? The Alice will be a ghost town soon because even long term residents have had enough and 'getting the hell out of Dodge'. A friend of mine is one of them.

How old are those kids in the first video? Around 10? The Alice will be a ghost town soon because even long term residents have had enough and 'getting the hell out of Dodge'. A friend of mine is one of them.
Yep, I'd move. Part of me says if the TOs want Alice, give it to them. Move away, leave them to it. Government can reimburse the homeowners for the value of their houses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I'd move. Part of me says if the TOs want Alice, give it to them. Move away, leave them to it. Government can reimburse the homeowners for the value of their houses.
lol - what value would the homes be?

Last edited:
Plenty of rocks in the NT - MORONS!

Tougher bail laws have passed the Northern Territory parliament following the fatal stabbing of a bottle shop worker in Darwin 10 days ago, but the reforms will not apply to offences involving improvised weapons such as rocks and bottles.

Plenty of rocks in the NT - MORONS!

Tougher bail laws have passed the Northern Territory parliament following the fatal stabbing of a bottle shop worker in Darwin 10 days ago, but the reforms will not apply to offences involving improvised weapons such as rocks and bottles.

Gee, I wonder what they'll bash/slash the next innocent worker with...

Terrible, really. Had a great holiday in the Centre about 20 years ago. Wonderful place, so much to see. No one will go there now. What's gone wrong?

Same probably goes for scissors and paper too.

Hurling missiles can be real dangerous, you really need to read the situation in the outback before winding your window down in some towns. They might not mean to actually hit anybody but there's been instances, not just in the NT but WA as well, where people have had their heads split open when a rock's come through the car's open window.

Just a few incidents Wednesday night - note the decades old palm trees set alight. Gawd knows how much car insurance is in the Alice now.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 2023-03-31T080951.448.png
    Screenshot - 2023-03-31T080951.448.png
    671.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot - 2023-03-31T081101.157.png
    Screenshot - 2023-03-31T081101.157.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot - 2023-03-31T081133.071.png
    Screenshot - 2023-03-31T081133.071.png
    473.3 KB · Views: 40

Remove this Banner Ad

Back