General CROWS talk ~ topical tidbits ...the thread for when you can't find a thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
If our other interests are performing as strongly as they have us believe and we’re a fiscally well run club, then we’d have nothing to fear by accepting the cheaper interest rate loan courtesy of the AFLs secured asset and allowing them oversight of our financials. We know footy spend is already controlled, so you can’t have reservations about AFL control there. I’d be interested to know what kind of decision that the AFL might force us into concerns you. No
I'm wondering why you're trying to argue that the 5 clubs who have decided not to go with the AFLs loan system are going to be worse off than those who accept it.

We know the soft cap is going to be slashed, however those poorer run clubs wont be able to run at the maximum of said cap.

The vast majority of others wont.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm wondering why you're trying to argue that the 5 clubs who have decided not to go with the AFLs loan system are going to be worse off than those who accept it.

We know the soft cap is going to be slashed, however those poorer run clubs wont be able to run at the maximum of said cap.

Jesus, you’re not that dense. Why do you keep trying to hang your hat on the hatstand with the 4 most financially successful clubs in the league. Each of those clubs had minimum $15m in working capital at 2019 balance day. We had about negative $3m. Firstly, you need to realise that. Secondly, the other 4 aren’t not borrowing from the AFL because they have no need to borrow at all at this stage. They can more than likely manage their cash flow without borrowing. We cannot. Do you understand this very simple reality? Please try, you’re repetition on this is martyesque.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Jesus, you’re not that dense. Why do you keep trying to hang your hat on the hatstand with the 4 most financially successful clubs in the league. Each of those clubs had minimum $15m in working capital at 2019 balance day. We had about negative $3m. Firstly, you need to realise that. Secondly, the other 4 aren’t not borrowing from the AFL because they have no need to borrow at all at this stage. They can more than likely manage their cash flow without borrowing. We cannot. Do you understand this very simple reality? Please try, you’re repetition on this is martyesque.
You're calling me dense ?? That's pretty rich. So you'd rather loan money off of your employer who is going to tell you how much to spend and where, and is likely to want that money back considerably faster than our setup ??

You love finding new and interesting ways to mock the club you supposedly support. Youve not found too much lately so you've resorted to making rubbish statements.

I had a pleasant day without you..... I might extend that.

I always liked aka, something different to the boring robots that were starting to fill the league. Can’t respect him now that o know he’s a golf cheat. What’d he say about Stynes?
I don't remember the exact details bit a few days after he died, Aka came out and said Stynes wasn't a good bloke or something

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Take it ir leave it, you’re being a simpleton. Here‘s Caro plainly stating only 4 clubs can get through without borrowing. Obviously she didn’t think we’d be begging a bank so as to avoid any form of AFL oversight into our admin. I mean, what rationally thinking person would expect that. We’re not included with the wealthy 4, we’re with the other 13. Ask why they’re not going to banks when we are? Of 14 clubs that need to borrow, only 1 is in negotiations for a higher interest rate with a bank. And you think we’re normal and part of the big 4 financial clubs with our negative working capital. Get off the bong, it’s screwing with your thinking thingy.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
You're calling me dense ?? That's pretty rich. So you'd rather loan money off of your employer who is going to tell you how much to spend and where, and is likely to want that money back considerably faster than our setup ??

You love finding new and interesting ways to mock the club you supposedly support. Youve not found too much lately so you've resorted to making rubbish statements.

I had a pleasant day without you..... I might extend that.

You really are reaching to blindly support paying a greater interest rate. You’ve not provided a single valid reason except your delusion that we’ve somehow magically become as financially successful as the Pies, Eagles, Tigers and Hawks. You ignore our negative working capital compared to their massive bank balances. Yeh, we’re exactly like those clubs.

1. They tell us how much we can spend on footy as it is. What spending authority are you actually worried about? Provide an example.
2. You have no idea the term of the loan and we’ve not yet secured funding as far as I’ve seen in the news.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

Yeah Aka, Hall cost you jobs after footy, not your big mouth :rolleyes:

He talks about it all here - well most of it

Give him credit - he recognises its his ego that is the problem.

He points the bone at the Bulldogs mafia - sounds like Darcy , Johnson and Murphy

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone read the article about unluckiest teams not to win a Grand Final? We were on there for 2005 and 2006. We had a strong team those years but an average forward line.

I feel like 2012 was a big waste. Our backs was solid with great run and carry, Reilly had a career best year, Matt J was dangerous with the ball, Smith was in his prime, same with Talia and Truck was still going well. Our mids was so strong with Thommo, Danger, Sloane on a wing, Jacobs is his prime, Bernie with cameos. Then our forward line was probably even better than 2017 with Kurt doing the crash and bash and Tex and Porps with class. Petrenko and Wright were handy as well and hadn't started being liabilities yet. Callinan is another to mention who was great that year.

We really butchered it by losing to Sydney in the qualifying final. We kicked ourselves out of the game and lost Talia in the process. Then a great comeback at home to Freo on the back of Tex's matchwinning 5 goals. We managed to grab the lead late in the prelim thanks to Johncock but went down in the end. If Talia played i have no doubt we win as we ended up playing Luke Thompson who tried but was no star like Talia.

Gotta give it it to Sando that year, he released the shackles and we played some of the best balanced footy we played in years.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Take it ir leave it, you’re being a simpleton. Here‘s Caro plainly stating only 4 clubs can get through without borrowing. Obviously she didn’t think we’d be begging a bank so as to avoid any form of AFL oversight into our admin. I mean, what rationally thinking person would expect that. We’re not included with the wealthy 4, we’re with the other 13. Ask why they’re not going to banks when we are? Of 14 clubs that need to borrow, only 1 is in negotiations for a higher interest rate with a bank. And you think we’re normal and part of the big 4 financial clubs with our negative working capital. Get off the bong, it’s screwing with your thinking thingy.

Just wondering, how do you know that we're taking a higher interest rate?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The AFL is charging 3.3% interest after October 31 and also not lending to clubs who can get a loan through a bank. Most of the clubs borrowing from the AFL already owe money to banks, which is why they can't get another loan from them.

Do you think we’ll get better than 3.3% with negative working capital, no security and an uncertain cash flow projection?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
FB_IMG_1588835290089.jpg

lincsPJ

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I’m liking the use of the word “significant”. What are doing? Having internal trials or something according to sammy darling?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back