General CROWS talk ~ topical tidbits ...the thread for when you can't find a thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting hearing Tredrea on the radio before.

Said watch this space in regards to the crows coaching staff. Said Nicks came in with a pre-established group thatr he didn't select, and that internally everything is up for review, and expect to see some changes.....
Given the late signings of both Kelly and Nicks it'd probably have been difficult for them to organise a new coaching panel, but you'd think both would have put forth that they want their say in who gets brought in for 2021.

Given Mattner leaving i'm guessing they both made the call on him pretty early (or the Bassett rumour is true)

Given the late signings of both Kelly and Nicks it'd probably have been difficult for them to organise a new coaching panel, but you'd think both would have put forth that they want their say in who gets brought in for 2021.

Given Mattner leaving i'm guessing they both made the call on him pretty early (or the Bassett rumour is true)
Bassett to us?

Said watch this space in regards to the crows coaching staff. Said Nicks came in with a pre-established group thatr he didn't select, and that internally everything is up for review, and expect to see some changes.....
Tredrea one of the few AFL experts/pundits worth listening to I always think.

Mark Bickley was always pretty adamant it would take several years for the changes from the review to come in to play.

Really? Thought he would have been one of the next coaches in-line for a job?
Done a fair apprenticeship.
He's got one big thing going against him. He's a massive cranky pants who doesn't like having to interact with people outside his job scope. In a massively commercial league that is something that comes under consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how Nicks and Tredrea get on?

He's got one big thing going against him. He's a massive cranky pants who doesn't like having to interact with people outside his job scope. In a massively commercial league that is something that comes under consideration.

Actually, his biggest weakness right now if where he is. Port Adelaide.

Sure they're doing good right now, but so far, he's spent a fair apprenticeship at a mediocre club. Needs to get to a club in the top 4 (or Port to become that club) before he might get talked about in a head coach role.

Soooo the Indians are booting around the idea of dropping the nickname. Naturally, writers are making suggestions. This made me laugh:

Cleveland Crows

Note the pleasing alliteration! Bird nicknames are to be encouraged, and "crows" is a neglected avian species when it comes to sports iconography.

But wait, that's not all. Straight from the pages of the Ralph Perkins II Wildlife Center & Woods Garden of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History we learn that, "American Crows are abundant in Ohio ...". Hills be shaken: There are crows in Ohio. So, so fitting. GO CROWS! CAW! CAW! CAW! CAW, CAW, CAW, CAW!

I think I have stumbled across the minutes from the Defenders last team meeting.

W.H: “Look guys I just want to say how much I am loving being part of the senior team and learning from you blokes, can you give me some honest feedback on how I’m going?”

D.T: “Will, we get that you are young and enthusiastic but there are a few things that have become glaringly obvious.”

“The first thing is when you take a mark, you should never ever play on.

J.K: “Yes Tarls, that’s right, never ever play on. We are given 10 seconds after a mark for a reason, it is important that you hold onto the ball for that full 10 seconds. I suggest that when you take a mark you assess all of your options and then kick it sideways or backwards.”

D.T: “Jake is correct. We are always there to provide an option, you just need to be prepared to look backwards. Have you got anything to add Rory?

R.L: “I agree with you boys but I will add this. If for some reason you can’t kick to the side or backwards you will inevitably have to go long down the line. What I always do is imagine the man on the mark is really, really tall, this ensures that I kick the ball high and means I am never smothered. Plus, Tex loves the ball coming in high so he can use his strength which is contested marking.”

L.B: “Don’t forget we have another ace up our sleeve when forced to go forward. We like to use Murph as a genuine tall marking option deep inside 50.”

W.H: “But isn’t Murph a small forward?”

R.L: “He plays tall. It was the Crouches who gave us this info.”

W.H: “What about kicking to Billy who can provide an option and create a contest down the line?”

K.H: “We don’t kick to Billy”

W.H: “Why not?”

J.K: “Because he wasn’t very nice to Kyle.”

W.H: “Oh when he punched him at training a couple of months ago.”

K.H: “Yep and he also said that my decision making with ball in hand was erratic.”

R.L: “The nerve of the bloke, probably doesn’t even know how to sing our club song!”

W.H: “Well it probably won’t matter this season anyway.”

D.T: “What do you mean by that Will?”

W.H: “I just mean we probably won’t win a game this season, so Billy won’t need to know the words to the song!”

K.H: “Can we please stop talking about Billy!”

W.H: “Sorry Kyle, no more talk of Billy.”

L.B: “One last thing Will. When Brodie or I take the kick in after a behind, do yourself a favour and head to the right half back flank just outside 50 and we will kick it to you. The opposition always leave a big space there so you will have the spot to yourself. I still can’t believe the opposition haven’t woken up to the fact that we use this option.”

W.H: “O.K thanks lads, it sounds like I still have a lot to take in but I appreciate the honest feedback.

D.T: “No problems mate, keep working on it and soon you will fit right in to our defensive unit, just remember our golden rule. All together boys…….”

D.T, R.L, L.B and K.H: “When you take a mark, don’t play on and always use your 10 seconds!”

Meeting over.

Absent from meeting was Tom D and Brodie S who were out practicing not playing on.

Please note this meeting may or may not have really happened!

L.B: “One last thing Will. When Brodie or I take the kick in after a behind, do yourself a favour and head to the right half back flank just outside 50 and we will kick it to you. The opposition always leave a big space there so you will have the spot to yourself. I still can’t believe the opposition haven’t woken up to the fact that we use this option.”

tenor.gif

Found Brownlow betting for our club

Considering we're playing like sh*t, Tom Lynch might be worth some sneaky $$$. No one in the side is going to be getting 3 votes and taking a lead.

View attachment 908688

Surely Brouch wins it polling 2 x 1 vote games. Playing for a big contract, has the motivation, umps don't understand impact of possessions. ROB the other. If we can manage a close loss that coincides with him getting 20 touches, a couple of defensive grabs and a goal, he might poll the 2 votes required to take this comp out.

Surely Brouch wins it polling 2 x 1 vote games. Playing for a big contract, has the motivation, umps don't understand impact of possessions. ROB the other. If we can manage a close loss that coincides with him getting 20 touches, a couple of defensive grabs and a goal, he might poll the 2 votes required to take this comp out.

Yes.. and then in the final game of the season, Lynch or someone pulls out a blinder and gets three votes and wins the club

I might look at other clubs that had spoon seasons and look at their Brownlow voting

Might be something here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back