General CROWS talk ~ topical tidbits ...the thread for when you can't find a thread.

Big Gazoongas

Premiership Player
May 18, 2008
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, WWT
Would a bottom four finish be enough to see Chapman's time come to an end? Or would he see it as justification to stay on and steady the ship?
Did you listen to old Chappy's speech at the members/club launch day. This was the same guy that didn't think a club review was needed (5AA) yet at the recent launch day he said the complete opposite, in fact I swear we have 2 Chapman's at the club.
We had one defending what the club had done prior to and leading up to the review and another Chapman making statements to the effect it was some pro active leadership that has got us to were we are today.

How he has a Chairmans position is a mystery.

AmericanCrow

Premium Platinum
Jun 17, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Indians and Cavs
Yeah it does. Was pretty surprised one captain tipped Sydney and North to make finals, they're no chance IMO
I would not put a lot of stock into these kind of votes. Some don’t take it that serious, others do and still others are merely doing solids for buddies.

My guess is those 2 teams you named have good friends who double as another teams captain ;)

AmericanCrow

Premium Platinum
Jun 17, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Indians and Cavs
Glad to see they finally uploaded the 2017 Preliminary Final to youtube

I can watch it via my international membership but I never got to see all the pregame

So it is like watching it new ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackster83

Rat in a cage
Jul 31, 2007
the inside
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sin City Swamprats, Dethklok
Watching the 2013 showdown.

Dangerfield must have been at least 10kg lighter when he played for us. Looks much smaller in comparison.

Laird kicking the ball at the moon off one step isn't a recent habit either.

skam85

lick the stamp and send it
Aug 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan, Hornets, Kimi Raikkonen
I still can't believe Lewis Johnston's attempt at the end. Dangerfield was metres in the clear!
He wanted to be the hero and end with five goals in a Showdown win.

Eagleboy2011

Club Legend
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC
I still can't believe Lewis Johnston's attempt at the end. Dangerfield was metres in the clear!
He wanted to be the hero and end with five goals in a Showdown win.
I still think of that kick as match defining. He was a good kick of the ball but the team thing was always there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom