General CROWS talk ~ topical tidbits ...the thread for when you can't find a thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would a bottom four finish be enough to see Chapman's time come to an end? Or would he see it as justification to stay on and steady the ship?

Did you listen to old Chappy's speech at the members/club launch day. This was the same guy that didn't think a club review was needed (5AA) yet at the recent launch day he said the complete opposite, in fact I swear we have 2 Chapman's at the club.
We had one defending what the club had done prior to and leading up to the review and another Chapman making statements to the effect it was some pro active leadership that has got us to were we are today.

How he has a Chairmans position is a mystery.

Yeah it does. Was pretty surprised one captain tipped Sydney and North to make finals, they're no chance IMO

I would not put a lot of stock into these kind of votes. Some don’t take it that serious, others do and still others are merely doing solids for buddies.

My guess is those 2 teams you named have good friends who double as another teams captain ;)

Glad to see they finally uploaded the 2017 Preliminary Final to youtube

I can watch it via my international membership but I never got to see all the pregame

So it is like watching it new ;)

Fairly sure there was a virus outbreak and they suspended the season after the prelim that year.

Yeah, almost certain.

I figure it is enjoyable watching the surfer get what he has coming

:)

Watching the 2013 showdown.

Dangerfield must have been at least 10kg lighter when he played for us. Looks much smaller in comparison.

Laird kicking the ball at the moon off one step isn't a recent habit either.

I still can't believe Lewis Johnston's attempt at the end. Dangerfield was metres in the clear!
He wanted to be the hero and end with five goals in a Showdown win.

I still think of that kick as match defining. He was a good kick of the ball but the team thing was always there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7mate on now. Crows 1993 against kangaroos. Mods mark of year game and 10 goals. Though he would be dragged this day in age with that first goal fir not attacking the ball. Just happens that it fell down to roo wh punched the call to mods by himself in goal square

7mate on now. Crows 1993 against kangaroos. Mods mark of year game and 10 goals. Though he would be dragged this day in age with that first goal fir not attacking the ball. Just happens that it fell down to roo wh punched the call to mods by himself in goal square

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but I'm enjoying this AFL season more than I have other seasons in several years. Maybe it has something to do with no longer hearing footballers and ex-footballers pontificate at me about morals, principles and virtue.

Probably covered in another thread but if I was Nicksy I'd tell Tex to stop engaging with Kane Cornes on social media.

I love Tex on field but I don't think he is naturally a funny guy and like the Kyrgios twitter argument I just think it gets cringeworthy.

It also sets a poor example for the younger players on how to deal with the media, Cornes is only there to get a reaction and I think Tex just needs to forget about him.

Last edited:
Probably covered in another thread but if I was Nicksy I'd tell Tex to stop engaging with Kane Cornes on social media.

I love Tex on field but I don't think he is naturally a funny guy and like the Kyrgios twitter argument I just think it gets cringeworthy.

It also sets a poor example for the younger players on how to deal with the media, Cornes is only there to get a reaction and I think Tex just needs to forget about him.
Probably Tex making sure people knew he is happy to engage with Kane in the open on Twitter, rather than people speculating its him sending Kane ‘nasty’ texts

Kane taken our former captain to the cleaners again on footy classified. How funny this guy was our captain
What sort of person would choose living away from his family for work reasons in a time of crisis. This guy is money driven.Maybe he is happy to be away from Lucy :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back