General cycling news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sutton has been given the flick this morning I heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if any station on Foxtel is televising the Vuelta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kreuziger to Orica. Interesting.
Really good signing. On the market after Tinkoff went belly up. Should be a fantastic lieutenant for the GC riders (Yates x2 & Chaves) when the roads go upwards. Now they just have to teach their youngsters to ride a TT properly, so they're not trying to make up minutes at the mountain top finishes.

Really good signing. On the market after Tinkoff went belly up. Should be a fantastic lieutenant for the GC riders (Yates x2 & Chaves) when the roads go upwards. Now they just have to teach their youngsters to ride a TT properly, so they're not trying to make up minutes at the mountain top finishes.
the yates brothers will be fine with the chrono, they come from the track, they will have the power as long as whitey has the logistics for the bloodbags, lil esteban, need work to limit his losses

Carlos Verona (Etixx) was the other signing too and it was effictive immediately, started racing for Orica yesterday in Spain. Another good climber, think he will be a big chance to be in the Vuelta squad.

Carlos Verona (Etixx) was the other signing too and it was effictive immediately, started racing for Orica yesterday in Spain. Another good climber, think he will be a big chance to be in the Vuelta squad.
Saw him listed on the CyclingNews summary. Don't know anything about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roger Kluge from IAM has signed with Orica for 2 years. Pretty sure he has been out here before and raced during summer maybe 2-3 years ago did the bay crits. White says leadout for Ewan, I also notice Hendy has finished up at Lotto and loves riding Beach rd during summer, the boy could learn a lot fom him....

Roger Kluge from IAM has signed with Orica for 2 years. Pretty sure he has been out here before and raced during summer maybe 2-3 years ago did the bay crits. White says leadout for Ewan, I also notice Hendy has finished up at Lotto and loves riding Beach rd during summer, the boy could learn a lot fom him....
hendy is 40 but.

is julian dean still in the car, or did he move to garmin? the DS seat that is

Roger Kluge from IAM has signed with Orica for 2 years. Pretty sure he has been out here before and raced during summer maybe 2-3 years ago did the bay crits. White says leadout for Ewan,
he won a bumpy stage at the Giro no? in a breakaway?

Ewan is a funny rider, 5 foot nothing, low 60 kg, like that former Venezualan GT giro winner Jose Rujano, I just dont know how he will ever have the terminal velocity to really be a big winner. I would look at the options like the warrior Bartoli. amstel, and the ardenne classics. and the CdA sprinting profile, is only good if you have clean air ahead of you and a great leadout, and great team. Will never be created for Caleb. My devils advocate, Cav was only about 5kgs and 5cms taller, and his true talent besides his head, was his CdA and technique.

hendy is 40 but.

is julian dean still in the car, or did he move to garmin? the DS seat that is

Going by his twitter, still works for Orica. Was an assistant DS.

he won a bumpy stage at the Giro no? in a breakaway?

Ewan is a funny rider, 5 foot nothing, low 60 kg, like that former Venezualan GT giro winner Jose Rujano, I just dont know how he will ever have the terminal velocity to really be a big winner. I would look at the options like the warrior Bartoli. amstel, and the ardenne classics. and the CdA sprinting profile, is only good if you have clean air ahead of you and a great leadout, and great team. Will never be created for Caleb. My devils advocate, Cav was only about 5kgs and 5cms taller, and his true talent besides his head, was his CdA and technique.

Yep, won a flat stage and took off from the break solo and held them off. Big strong guy. Ewan needs to gain some tricks if he is ever gonna beat Gaviria, needs to watch a lot of Sagan finishes and get his postions in the bunch right.

Frank Schleck announces pending retirement
Two years after his younger brother Andy Schleck announced his retirement, Frank Schleck has revealed that he will hang up his own racing wheels at the end of the current season.

Not sure that I am sad about this- never really liked the lads and was always dubious about their abilities- but it does kind of feel like the end of an era

Yep, won a flat stage and took off from the break solo and held them off. Big strong guy. Ewan needs to gain some tricks if he is ever gonna beat Gaviria, needs to watch a lot of Sagan finishes and get his postions in the bunch right.
but you know how many watts you need over the last 4km just to contest the last two hundred metres for the sprint win?

Like a team pursuit wattage.

Ok, we have some shorter sprinters, Robbie Mac, Cav, Francesco Cicchi... but they all have about 3 inches and 5lbs on Caleb.

He is phenomenally talented, but they all are phenomneally talented. I just dont see how he will surf the other sprinter's leadouts and hide in their splipstream. Mcewen was a master surfer of others' leadouts.

But the biggest exponent was another short lightweight, Oscar Freire, he would only pop his nose into the wind in the last 50 metres.

I would tell Caleb to mark the dramatic arc of Oscar, and see the MO he used, and the races he won. Oscar was a master of the circuit race, the worlds. I think he won 2 MSR via romas. May have one only the one, or the "three".

And they say Ewan produces less watts in his superman position. But I ask you, when they triangulate opportunity and opposition, the only times he will ever use the superman position, is at Bay Crits in the offseason, and at Tour Down Under in Feb/Jan. He will never ever ever use the position.

So best to look at how he will get the opportunity to sprint v the big dogs for the big wins. Not, in Cav's terms, $h!t $mall races. Best to get him on the best gear in the offseason, and work on getting his 1400 watts to about 1500 watts. Mcewen woulda been about 1550. Kirsipuu was 2000, Cipo and Peta and Kittel and Greipel be about 2200

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back