General cycling news and discussion

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Albasini has been Orica-Scott's best performed rider during this classics season. Gerrans was clearly riding as a domestique, in a race he won 3 years ago. His brief attack was designed to "toughen up" the race, but it was far too little and received no support from the other teams.

I agree that falls and broken bones seem to have taken their toll on Gerrans. Hopefully he can recover and return to his best form. His place in Australian Cycling history is already assured - stage wins in all three Grand Tours, and winning two of cycling's "monuments" means that he should be remembered as one of Australia's top-5 riders of all time.

With the classics over, it's no up to Chaves and the Yates brothers taking on the Grand Tours. The Giro is rapidly looming on the horizon.

chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
A win for Ewan last night which is exciting for Australian cycling. Looks like another flatish stage tonight, could be another chance for Ewan to get a victory. Feel like he will always be in Gaviria's shadow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
A win for Ewan last night which is exciting for Australian cycling. Looks like another flatish stage tonight, could be another chance for Ewan to get a victory. Feel like he will always be in Gaviria's shadow.

Not a bad shadow to be in...

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
If I was Ochowicz right now I'd be getting Cadel on the phone to set up 2 weeks with Porte on schooling him on the art of the descent because right now he climbing better than anybody in the world and on top of that beating Martin in a TT which is friggen incredible. BMC get their team and tactics right he will be hard to beat.

Sasquatch

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2009
Outback Australia Baby
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Easily a choke from Porte. I can't believe he's favourite for the TDF. He'll never win a grand tour. He sooks too much too. Blaming his loss on other people not wanting him to win? Please. He choked. Not to mention he lets the littlest of things get to him in a 3 week grand tour. If fans get too close to him on climbs he gets annoyed and he loses focus. Porte is mentally weak. He's set up to fail by the Australian media next month.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Anyone know if Ewan is riding the Vuelta?
I think that's the plan, but they haven't announced the teams yet - not even the long lists.

If he does ride it, he won't have many lead out men riding in support. The team's main man will be Chaves, possibly with both Yates brothers riding in support. They will be seriously trying to win, not just pick up sprint wins on the few flat stages.

Back