General cycling news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see how they could show it to be honest, they don't include Eurosport in the subscription so I am assuming they will not show it. I might tweet them and see what they say, but I have also been trying to work out how to watch Eurosport in the meantime, which is a massive PITA!
I have a WatchAFL subscription through my Crows membership, so I don't need Kayo to watch the AFL. If Kayo doesn't have Eurosport, and only show the same races as SBS, then there's no point in me subscribing to Kayo.

I do know of a site which streams cycling races, in reasonable quality. The legality of said site is dubious at best, so I won't be linking to it here on BF.

If my child wanted to become an Olympic athlete I wouldn't allow it without the drugs, as 4th place is probably as good as you can get clean.
400th place

I guess there are some sports where that may not be the case - sailing, equestrian, diving, and sychronised drowning all spring to mind. Drugs aren't so effective in sports where strength/endurance/speed are not hyper critical.

If my child wanted to become an Olympic athlete I wouldn't allow it without the drugs, as 4th place is probably as good as you can get clean.

I'm sorry guys - I guess I'm going to be the one to take the bait.

The astronomical achievement of making it to start line of a heat of an Olympics event let alone getting 4th place, requires a truly unmeasurable and unsurpassed level of dedication, discipline and perseverance. The idea that you wouldn't be proud of your child for that is almost equal in its absurdity and lack of believability.

Drugs in cycling or olympic sport is literally in everyday reality for athletes, coaches, anyone involved in the sport or those who follow and support them. I'm not saying they should be seen as martyrs or lionised because of that, but it has about the level of insight of telling climatologist that its more humid the closer you get to the equator. You are in no way stating anything new that hasn't been said 10 million times over be people a lot cleverer and more cutting in the last 20 years.

If you want to nonsensically troll peoples passion and interest, ultimately I guess that's your prerogative but please at do a better and more creative job of it.

Scaryfooth
Thanks for the long-winded platitude troll like garbage unworthy of this forum.
The sad truth is that you're prepared to sacrifice and lie to your kids just as long as they satisfy your vicarious criteria.

Me, I'd be honest and explain the reality to my kids and support which ever decision they made, ie, go ahead with drugs or give it away, but I certainly wouldn't coerce/encourage or lie to my kids about their prospects given the demands of Olympic training.

On second thought, I agree. We should all aim to be either Daddy Blood-bag or tell our hypothetical children not to participate in sport. Everything else is emotional manipulation.

Actually Sagan's ride in Gent Warelgem was powerful and he's my favorite - GVA is going OK while the two wonder boys Van Aert and Van De poel are a chance - I also give Trentin an outside chance.

Thinking about doing the full 307km around the bay in October this year. Has anyone ridden it before?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt and Robbie are the best thing about the SBS coverage. Giving more time to Tomalaris in coverage is idiotic by the producer.

Van Art and Van Der Poel are some talents, with their performances the last two weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back