General cycling news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Greg van Avermaet and Jay McCarthy just went down hard. GVA was lying on the ground and not moving for 2-3 minutes. McCarthy rode straight into a road sign, at the start of a road division. GVA went down a few seconds later, 20m further up the road. No other riders went down, so they appear to be unconnected falls.

Ala with the arms raised prematurely... celebrating 2nd... only to be DQ'ed for a big swerve in the last 100m that almost took out Hirschi & Pogacar.
Yeah, and rightly so. Hirschi should really feel aggrieved, he would have won that

Hello bike riders.

I have a road bike, and after almost half a decade if no use went to pump up the tyres for a ride. It appears one of the tubes has suffered and is punctured. Well, from what i can see/feel when trying desperately to re-pump and pump. Air seeps out from the valve. Maybe ive damaged the valve. Dunno.

Anyway, is there a particular tube/size i need to buy? Im guessing yes but no idea how or where to start.

Hello bike riders.

I have a road bike, and after almost half a decade if no use went to pump up the tyres for a ride. It appears one of the tubes has suffered and is punctured. Well, from what i can see/feel when trying desperately to re-pump and pump. Air seeps out from the valve. Maybe ive damaged the valve. Dunno.

Anyway, is there a particular tube/size i need to buy? Im guessing yes but no idea how or where to start.
It's usually written on the side of the tyre.

tyre size.jpg

Is air coming out of the actual valve, or from the base where it comes out of the rim?

In any case pull the wheel off, stick it in the car, and get your local bike shop to replace the tube and give you a spare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello bike riders.

Yes, they're easy to damage at both the base of the valve stem or the top. Assuming it's a French valve (thin one, as opposed to a car valve), there's a slight change the valve is loose, because many of them unscrew from the stem, but I doubt it.
It's probably a standard size tube, which is 700c x 20 to 25, but you've also gotta make sure you get the right length valve for the depth of the rim. Can you post a photo?

Yes, they're easy to damage at both the base of the valve stem or the top. Assuming it's a French valve (thin one, as opposed to a car valve), there's a slight change the valve is loose, because many of them unscrew from the stem, but I doubt it.
It's probably a standard size tube, which is 700c x 20 to 25, but you've also gotta make sure you get the right length valve for the depth of the rim. Can you post a photo?

Photo of my rim? Erm.

i got it resolved today at the local. Best money spent!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back