News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

28 hectares is a huge lot

It’s a tad over 69 acres
I grew up on a 100 acre dairy farm, so the 69 acres gives me some perspective......it's bloody huge!

I grew up on a 100 acre dairy farm, so the 69 acres gives me some perspective......it's bloody huge!
Similar in size to the Boeing assembly building in Everett. Slightly more than 90 acres under a 30 metre roof. FTR, my Grandparents had a 93 acre dairy farm too. Kind of cool!

Anyone heard the tidbit that we're planning on putting an educational facility on the site? Like a sports college...

Would assist with Govt funding....
Doesn’t Clarko basically do that already? A Coaching College?

Be handy if we could get some funding for what he’s been doing for 6+ years. Some back-pay wouldn’t hurt either!

Rimsy

Debutant
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi Everyone.

I got an email notification this morning that the project had been updated. (got a little excited when i saw the email)

We now have it as Town planning application submitted. (If I recall correctly) A couple of companies have been assigned as having some of the early work assigned to them. I didnt take note of what company was working on what, at this early stage it wouldnt be anything that important i believe, still a long way to go for tenders to be called and real work to be awarded. I had a busy work day today and only had a brief look at the project info.

I did note that the tentative commencement dates are still in august 2019 with a completion late 2020. (hasnt changed)

I will try to get more details and make another post tomorrow. If I knew the login details off the top of my head for that system I would login and have a look from home, but i dont have it handy as its not the primary system I use at work and the phone app isnt giving me any joy right now.

Rimsy

Debutant
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I only just read the above posted story about the project and I noticed this.

"Club benefactor Geoff Harris has committed $10 million to the project in a major boost. "

I know its been spoken about before in this thread to some degree that this guy had already donated a chunk of cash towards it, it looks like he's really upped his game immensely now.

Name one of the training ovals after him. His contribution deserves it. What a club legend.

Rimsy

Debutant
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As long as I'm not providing access to our systems I'm all good. :)

The company I work for works with publicly available information. We just compile it well. People pay us so they don't have to find it the hard way around.

So the information I'm giving out is like .000001% of our data. A blip on the radar. And it can all be found if you look in the public sphere hard enough or call the right people and ask the right questions. (which our research team does)

If someone at work becomes aware of this thread and they work in my office. They are going to know its me immediately..... The hat and Jacket I wear nearly all year round is going to give it away. (that and my tattoo as my avatar will sorta give me up too)
I wont be giving away any of the "private" info that our systems contains. As that delves into company numbers and contact names and I know my privacy rules and I'm not silly enough to do that. I explain how the privacy laws in this country works every day due to the way the company collects the information we handle. I'm pretty sure I wont be riling up HR anytime soon.

Anything I divulge will only be very basic details and comes with a disclaimer (just like work does) that its collected publicly and is subject to change.

You will note that my updates will likely coincide with media releases and other such things.....

Rimsy

Debutant
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ok, To follow up from yesterday. There is a town planning application number, but i figured others could find that themselves checking the relevant council websites.

Current notes indicate

TOWN PLANNING APPROVAL (CONDITIONAL) CONSTRUCTION NOT YET COMMENCED

Concept Architect - Populous

Town Planner - 10 CONSULTING GROUP

Consultant - WAYPOINT PTY LTD

--------------------------

As stated yesterday, all this information would be publicly available via other sources. We do capture where these companies are located and their contact information but I will never disclose those details. This information is to allow you to be aware that things are happening and that we are closer to seeing progress with the greatest commercial development our club has undertaken. I will only get updates up until construction starts. We stop research at that point. I would expect the club to be providing us with regular updates and photos once we get to that point.
This wont be a secret build, I expect the club to put a spotlight on all the big milestones as they get ticked off.
Cant wait to have some of, if not the best facilities in the AFL at our amazing club.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does anybody happen to know if the option to purchase additional land still exists?

I think given that it was for a reasonable price, it might prove a smart and viable move if we purchased it.

We could use it for developments and endeavours, such as the building of a multi court complex if we were to register an NBL team.

We could also perhaps just keep it up our sleeves and sit on it until we need it, if at all.

Back