News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Rimsy

Debutant
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I got all excited this morning as my email alerts advised that there had been an update to the project on our systems.

I logged in to find.

Research performed, no new updates.

Sigh, all excited for nothing.

Rimsy

Debutant
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Got an email notification this morning that there were updates to the project.

Logged in and had a look.

Status has modified from Development Application to Development Approval

Notes modified from New Town planning application submitted to Town planning approval.

Only other change was the different Town planning Application numbers. Once again, I am not posting those, you should be able to find them on the relevant council website if you are that interested.

I'll be back when I get notified of the next research update. Hopefully it will be a more exciting update next time, but it is good to know that the town planning process has progressed.

Mar 15, 2009
Scarborough WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
All Blacks Green Bay
Got an email notification this morning that there were updates to the project.

Logged in and had a look.

Status has modified from Development Application to Development Approval

Notes modified from New Town planning application submitted to Town planning approval.

Only other change was the different Town planning Application numbers. Once again, I am not posting those, you should be able to find them on the relevant council website if you are that interested.

I'll be back when I get notified of the next research update. Hopefully it will be a more exciting update next time, but it is good to know that the town planning process has progressed.

Baby steps to world domination.

I recall an interview on radio a few weeks back with Justin Reeve say that the club anticipated being in by 2022 and they had had to make some adjustments to the plans to allow more community aspects in it (I'd assume to assist with Government funding).
So still a few years to go..

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Not much has changed lads

Attachments

• 5D8D3B86-1A57-4D1A-95B7-CE445EF431FD.jpeg
    5D8D3B86-1A57-4D1A-95B7-CE445EF431FD.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 309
  • EBAC746B-4EB2-44DA-B83F-BE0C737C6E48.jpeg
    EBAC746B-4EB2-44DA-B83F-BE0C737C6E48.jpeg
    514.9 KB · Views: 322

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hasn't a paintballing place opened up on the land now? Near the Bypass section off Tootal rd
There's always been a paintball place in that area, but now it looks like you can get to it through the main enterance to hawthorns plot. Maybe there are new roads in there to join up all the business as it's no longer going to be our private elite training grounds but a community area with public oval access, aquatic and basketball centre, gym, etc.....so adjoining plots might be sharing carpark and roads too.

aquila

Senior List
Feb 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
First two paragraphs, don't think i can paste more than that:

After recording another multi-million dollar profit Hawthorn say they are on track to build their elite training, administration and community centre in Dingley by the end of 2022, with close to $29 million already gained via fundraising to pay for the ambitious project.

The Hawks have declared the next six months as being critical to realising their vision as they look to secure planning approval and further funding for the initiative which is budgeted to eventually cost the club $110 million.

First two paragraphs, don't think i can paste more than that:

After recording another multi-million dollar profit Hawthorn say they are on track to build their elite training, administration and community centre in Dingley by the end of 2022, with close to $29 million already gained via fundraising to pay for the ambitious project.

The Hawks have declared the next six months as being critical to realising their vision as they look to secure planning approval and further funding for the initiative which is budgeted to eventually cost the club $110 million.

Thanks aquila

For the record, if I had won the $150 million lotto a few months ago, I was going to toss a heap of cash in.

The Manila Wing hahaha

Thanks aquila

For the record, if I had won the $150 million lotto a few months ago, I was going to toss a heap of cash in.

The Manila Wing hahaha
Oh well back to plan A.
Buy them some office supplies...
The Manila Folder!

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
which is budgeted to eventually cost the club $110 million.

Given Geelong have probably sextupled maybe octuplet (isn't that eight babies? but that's what the spelling thing suggested) that for Kardinia park, I'd suggest there is somewhat of a chance to get most of that money covered.

Given Geelong have probably sextupled maybe octuplet (isn't that eight babies? but that's what the spelling thing suggested) that for Kardinia park, I'd suggest there is somewhat of a chance to get most of that money covered.
You really can't compare it to Geelong
Different impact on votes and they had Ford pulling out to get people to forget about

Given its South-East location, would be a great idea to build some kind of partnership with the South-East Melbourne Phoenix and get the NBL/Basketball Australia to fund some of the building costs to incorporate a boutique indoor arena, similar to the Holden Centre that houses the Collingwood netball team?

Given its South-East location, would be a great idea to build some kind of partnership with the South-East Melbourne Phoenix and get the NBL/Basketball Australia to fund some of the building costs to incorporate a boutique indoor arena, similar to the Holden Centre that houses the Collingwood netball team?

They already have a partnership with the South-East Melbourne NBL team.

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They can probably spare a couple of thousand at best.
Yeah not much money in the NBL at the moment. If we are going to have any basketball facilities i'd rather it just be some simple courts for a local junior and senior basketball like GESAC or KingClub has not building a spectator arena that is empty 90% of the time.

Back